Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   President Trump grants clemency... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54564)

Stobey 11-15-2019 21:54

President Trump grants clemency...

From a new article on Gateway Pundit:

BREAKING: President Trump Grants Clemency to 2 Army Officers Accused of War Crimes – And Restores Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher’s Rank!

President Trump did not let the sham impeachment slow him down and he granted clemency to two Army officers accused of war crimes — Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who is currently in Leavenworth, and Green Beret, Maj. Matt Golsteyn, who will have the murder charge against him dropped.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...llaghers-rank/

Remington Raidr 11-15-2019 23:33

OH

hell YEAH!!:p

Penn 11-15-2019 23:58

It's an incredible act to witness, a CIC, acting against all social norms, Civ & Mil, to pardon these men.
Looking back over the decades of FW, all we see is the CIC looking to CTA and those in the command structure.

In my lifetime, they have left armies in the field, (Viet Nam), they have abandoned men and units in DA, Somalia + Benghazi, they have lied, faked concerned, etc, etc,. Relived combatant commandeers for perceived slights. Gutless, CIC in recent memory never gave a shit about the rank and file.

That said, I have no problem, regardless of individual account, of writing that shit off and moving forward.

God Bless that hard ass NY Queen Borough raised Bastard!

rubberneck 11-16-2019 10:08

If you have Amazon prime there is a series on Clint Lorance called Leavenworth. Lot's of red flags surrounding that guy IMHO.

Longstreet 11-16-2019 13:00

And Trump taketh away too...

Quote:

President Trump did not let the sham impeachment slow him down and he granted clemency to two Army officers accused of war crimes
Trump also did not allow an ISIS supporting woman to return to the US despite her being a US citizen.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...en-judge-rules

I am not certain the consequences this may have later on, but Ms. Muthana is definitely where she belongs...

Uman 11-16-2019 17:38

Bravo CINC

I wonder what the Flag Officers and civilians in the DOD think about this?

Good job CINC.

Paslode 11-16-2019 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uman (Post 654041)
I wonder what the Flag Officers and civilians in the DOD think about this?

Good job CINC.

Not sure if any of these folks are in the DoD, but I am guessing some are.

From Vox:

Quote:

National security analysts say that when Trump decries the fairness of the military justice system and interferes in or reverses its decision-making processes, he does damage to the institution as a whole.
Quote:

Military experts also point out that it sends a message to troops and US partners that misconduct is acceptable.

Quote:

Absent evidence of innocence or injustice the wholesale pardon of US service members accused of war crimes signals our troops and allies that we don’t take the Law of Armed Conflict seriously,” retired Gen. Martin Dempsey, who served as President Barack Obama’s senior military adviser, tweeted in May around the time that Trump raised the issue of forthcoming pardons. “Bad message. Bad precedent. Abdication of moral responsibility. Risk to us.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...rance-golsteyn

And Mayor Pete..

Quote:

There’s nothing pro-military about overruling our military justice system to prevent it from delivering accountability for war crimes,” Buttigieg tweeted. “The president has again dishonored our armed services.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...pardons-071266

he New York Slimes..

Quote:

But many in the military, especially in military legal circles, are not celebrating. Mr. Trump’s reprieves, issued against the advice of top defense officials, were seen as a sign of disregard not only for the decisions of military juries, but for the judicial process itself.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/16/u...-military.html

None of these gents are a Lt. Calley, the ROE during the Obama years was nuts, I think Trump made the right call.

Joker 11-16-2019 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longstreet (Post 654038)
Trump also did not allow an ISIS supporting woman to return to the US despite her being a US citizen.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...en-judge-rules

I am not certain the consequences this may have later on, but Ms. Muthana is definitely where she belongs...

jaYson

Muthana is not a US citizen. She was born in the US when her parents were assigned here as diplomats from (I believe, Yemen).

CloseDanger 11-17-2019 00:49

I forgot more about their individual cases, but I did sign petition for release.
In Every case.

I think disturbing the UCMJ is almost akin to Lying tho the "Holy Spirit" so to speak.
I also think the CINC in last admin sat us here wondering what this was all about. And it was not handled properly. In either case, I grab verified sh!tRags off of death row for time for new evidence.

But these cases bother me. I hate the way they were handled and I hate how long it took.

How do you find yourself in Courts Martial trouble for "this"?
Well, From one sh!*bag to another, If they are willing to bring Mast upon you, you must have either pissed off or up the chain.

Never mind. Not to use a bell curve but look at bradley manning or Berghdal, compared to Serious Men who did US serious solids and slipped up now serving more for less, It makes me feel hollow. It is Senior Leadership to blame for some of this.

(Dirtbags murdering their Team Mates in Mali need not apply for mitigation where none is, you are in dead camp)

I would prefer the review to be continuous, but seeing as we have no congress worth a shit, and everything is political, the last people I want to see hamstrung by their loss of Doctrine are the ones that at least were willing to die for it.

My Prayers we find a way out of this fog of wtf

Longstreet 11-17-2019 05:59

Quote:

She was born in the US when her parents were assigned here as diplomats from (I believe, Yemen).
My mistake! I misunderstood it when the article stated that she was born in the US after her father's diplomatic post had expired. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pete 11-17-2019 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longstreet (Post 654048)
My mistake! I misunderstood it when the article stated that she was born in the US after her father's diplomatic post had expired. Thanks for pointing that out.

jaYson

That was the argument that was made in the court case - that he was not under diplomatic status. All over a few months - but the court came down that he still was.

Joker 11-17-2019 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 654049)
That was the argument that was made in the court case - that he was not under diplomatic status. All over a few months - but the court came down that he still was.

Yep, the clock stops upon DOS notification. They were notified after her birth.

SF_BHT 11-17-2019 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 654053)
Yep, the clock stops upon DOS notification. They were notified after her birth.

She was given US citizen status and Passport in error :eek: DOS would never do that

Glad the judge fixed the error.

Box 11-18-2019 09:25

...just to stir the pot

Those on the left (and many on the right) are squealing that the POTUS should not interfere with military affairs...
...skipping the part about him being the CinC

That same group of people wailing and gnashing their teeth seem to be OK with the POTUS interfering with military affairs when it comes to social engineering (or if you are just a democrat) so lets take a look at some of the executive clemency scandals that have come and gone over the last few presidents...

The CinC traded four high-level terrorists that provide guidance and support to our global enemies in exchange for a deserter that essentially committed treason in combat and endangered those that would attempt to rescue him.
...but his last name was Obama so it was OK

The CinC granted executive clemency to Bradley Manning even though Bradley Manning betrayed our nation when he allowed COUNTLESS classified documents to fall into the hands of our enemies
...but his last name was Obama so it was OK

The CinC granted executive clemency to Lopez Rivera even though that shit bag was convicted of conspiring against the US government and helped the FALN plan and execute 28 Chicago-area bombings. Originally a CinC named Bill Clinton offered clemency to Rivera but he REFUSED to renounce violence as a condition of receiving clemency.
...but those guys had names like Obama and Clinton so it was OK

Linda Evans, a violent terrorist associated with the violent organization known as "The Weather Underground" (yes the same group that Obama's buddy Bill Ayers was a part of) was given executive clemency by the POTUS
...but his last name is Clinton so it is OK

The POTUS granted executive clemency to 16 members of the Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional - a domestic terrorist organization that carried out over 130 bombing in the USA between '74 and '83 that destroyed property, injured, and killed US citizens
......but his last name is Clinton so it is OK

But hey - lets all virtue signal how angry we are with President Trump for extending clemency to US service members that lost their way in combat and "over-killed" some of Americas enemies. Democrats tend to pardon those that would bring harm to our countrymen. Democrats pardon enemies of America and do it with a smug disregard for the lives impacted by those they would pardon and yet the American media (and democrats from coast to coast) worships these men.

Did these three service members pardoned by President Trump commit war crimes?
-According to our legal system - yes - they did.
-They brought discredit upon themselves and the US military if I am to believe the legal system.
-They did this while fighting enemies of the United States of America.

So - I' may not agree with the decision to pardon them - I certainly find no fault with the POTUS entertaining his right to extend executive clemency. Lastly I would like to extend thanks to these three men for ridding the world of infectious human waste. However, shame on all three of you for betraying the trust placed in you - may you forever feel the pain of that shame for bringing discredit to your service.

So says me

Swoop 11-19-2019 06:11

Exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 654056)
...just to stir the pot

So - I' may not agree with the decision to pardon them - I certainly find no fault with the POTUS entertaining his right to extend executive clemency. Lastly I would like to extend thanks to these three men for ridding the world of infectious human waste. However, shame on all three of you for betraying the trust placed in you - may you forever feel the pain of that shame for bringing discredit to your service.

So says me

Well said Box, well said!