Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Current election (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47204)

MtnGoat 10-14-2014 06:14

Current election

Okay so I live in DC, Northern Virginia area, but still go back to NC monthly. So I get to see two of the States that the GOP needs to win and the campaign ads that are being ran in each state.

I can say, IMO the GOP once again isn't doing a good job and trying to win key states. The DemocRat opponent ads are running the airwaves every commercial break. Also the DemocRat back PACs and Super PAC originations are running their own ads against the GOP candidates.

For me this is not going to get people to change their votes and I will even say, it won't get people out and vote for the GOP.

Richard 10-14-2014 06:57

Out here the Congressional race is nothing but über-negative, ugly attack ads for both sides and people are tired of it. As in NC, I doubt they'll sway any voters from voting their traditional party ticket of choice.

For the governor's race, the Dem incumbent has a strong record and is generally well liked; the Rep candidate has struggled the entire campaign to overcome the 54% incumbent 19% challenger poll numbers.

And so it goes...

Richard

TrapperFrank 10-14-2014 09:35

"There is not a dimes worth of difference between the Democrats and Republicans." George Corlely Wallace, former governor of the state of Alabama

MtnGoat 10-14-2014 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrapperFrank (Post 565331)
"There is not a dimes worth of difference between the Democrats and Republicans." George Corlely Wallace, former governor of the state of Alabama

I'm in full agreement on this statement!!

tim180a 10-14-2014 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrapperFrank (Post 565331)

Agreed. If the Republicans take the Senate, you won't see anyting different than what you get from the Democrats. Both parties are useless to the majority of the American people...

Trappertod 10-14-2014 14:30

Seems like to me we are being taxed again without fair representation, are you all sure we broke from the monarchy?

Lan 10-14-2014 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 565321)
Out here the Congressional race is nothing but über-negative, ugly attack ads for both sides and people are tired of it.

I would have made myself available had I known about this mornings debate between Art Moore and Tom McClintock. According to the news, it got personal.

I despise career politicians but I do like the way things are in my county so it'll be tough for me to vote in new blood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard
For the governor's race, the Dem incumbent has a strong record and is generally well liked; the Rep candidate has struggled the entire campaign to overcome the 54% incumbent 19% challenger poll numbers.

Now that I know Jerry Brown drowns children, Kashkari's got my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZFdmwqG3Q

Golf1echo 10-15-2014 05:22

Here is an article on a Colorado race I have been watching: http://news.yahoo.com/is-cory-gardne...230141864.html

It covers some interesting ground about where the future of the Republican party might be heading, it also exposes some of the values of the right that make it challenging for the center to agree with.

Udalls adds are perplexing, they say things like " Women are front and center in our ( his) campaign" but fails to cover any issues or say why :confused: From my view time for professional politicians to be replaced by others that are concerned about the issues and interested in doing the peoples work. Udall has apparently been absent for most of the votes on the Armed Forces and Intelligence committees, busy I suppose.
A little on Udalls world views...how the heck was he placed on those committees?
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/0...oreign-policy/

Pete 10-15-2014 05:39

Libertarians

Libertarians here in NC (two in my family circle) are ecstatic that they might get 7% this election.

That's their big issue. Getting more than 2%.

Hagan will win reelection by far less votes than the Libertarian candidate got.

To be fair, Tillis was the GOP-e candidate and the conservatives split their vote """again""" letting the GOP-e candidate float to the top. So now some "conservatives" are all butt hurt and are running to the Libertarian candidate.

Hey, dudes, how about winning for a change!!??

Golf1echo 10-15-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 565423)
Libertarians here in NC (two in my family circle) are ecstatic that they might get 7% this election.

That's their big issue. Getting more than 2%.

Hagan will win reelection by far less votes than the Libertarian candidate got.

To be fair, Tillis was the GOP-e candidate and the conservatives split their vote """again""" letting the GOP-e candidate float to the top. So now some "conservatives" are all butt hurt and are running to the Libertarian candidate.

Hey, dudes, how about winning for a change!!??

I used to be like that, voted by my principles... voting along party lines this time is the best message I can send these next few terms ( rejection votes for the current administration and the infill of that ilk into our government). Seems important to be working within the party I align with the closest to make changes to the quality of candidates they field too. Voting for a libertarian or independent is like throwing your vote away, maybe even two votes.

Joker 10-15-2014 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lan (Post 565369)

I despise career politicians but I do like the way things are in my county so it'll be tough for me to vote in new blood.

Aahhh, the ol' Congress is all f'ed up! Except for MY congressman.

News flash! They are all f'ed up, even mine. Fire the whole lot.

Peregrino 10-15-2014 18:56

If you want to be a conservative, vote your principles in the primaries. Hold your nose and vote party line in the general elections (that does not include Libertarian lunacies). Otherwise you're contributing to the downfall. If you disagree, you're either uneducated (probable given the lack of civics education in the modern curriculum), naive, or nihilist. In any event, doing otherwise guarantees that your vote will support the least favorable outcome.

Pete 10-15-2014 19:48

Tillis

I'm looking forward to voting for Tillis.

How often do you get a chance to vote for a motherless son of Satan who rips puppies and kittens apart with his teeth, who drags old people out of their homes and pours burning water from fracturing wells down their throats as he kicks them into the street, burns women alive at the stake - and doing it all with a smile.

See, I did learn something from the hour I watched TV tonight.

Peregrino 10-15-2014 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 565521)
I'm looking forward to voting for Tillis.

How often do you get a chance to vote for a motherless son of Satan who rips puppies and kittens apart with his teeth, who drags old people out of their homes and pours burning water from fracturing wells down their throats as he kicks them into the street, burns women alive at the stake - and doing it all with a smile.

See, I did learn something from the hour I watched TV tonight.

Me too. Sad commentary WRT the "lesser of the available evils".