Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Rucksack is in the Hall (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Piss up a rope (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35306)

The Reaper 10-03-2011 18:03

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDogG (Post 416812)
Yep. I thought that he was. I'm sorry. I just seem to be noticing a recurring theme on this forum. It seems to me, that certain individuals, feel it's ok to attack some one else in a message, and be rude, and then expect the other person to just let it slide. As if.....well, as if you think everyone should kiss your ass because your a member of a certain group. While what you have achieved in your lifetime is truly extraordinary and granted few can make the cut....you are still just mortal men. Time and time again I read on this site, some of you referring to not getting upset, and being able to take criticism, while all the while, you the men that us mere mortals are supposed to be looking up to, get emotionally upset when you think that some one is being disrespectful. I see a huge disconnect between the label and that self proclaimed professionalism. I mean it makes one wonder if you walk around town with a big sign that says, "Bow before the awe inspiring awesomeness that is I" You know what I mean? I know 'Read More and post less", I get that. I've read far more than I've posted. I've held my tongue on this as well. For the short time that I've been here, and the many posts that I have read, this is a recurring theme. WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think you take yourselves a little too seriously, and you do not afford the same respect that you would have others give you. The next post will be somebody saying, "Respect is earned not given" and that is wrong as well. You can't earn it. It is given in small amounts until such time as you deem that person not worthy of it. Otherwise we would all be pissing on each others shoes and going to blows.

With that being said. My point of view however irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition. Was that one of you was verbally attacking a mere mortal of a man and when he defended himself, the immortal got butt hurt, and the other immortals started crying foul. Get real. You either want men, that can stand up for themselves, or you want people to suck up, kiss your feet, and move on. You can't have it both ways. If it takes being a man who says what he means, and means what he says, to be a member of your outfit, then except it when a man stands up for himself. If he can't and has to revert to being a suck up....did you really want him anyways? I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me that I am out of line, and tell me I am warned and how many strikes I will have against me. It's ok. I have broad shoulders. I'm not 19 or 20. It takes a lot to impress me these days. If you choose to see this as an attack, or a disrespectful post that is your choice. It's the truth, and the truth will either offend you or it will change you. I wonder will you ban me for speaking my mind and calling it like I see it? Are you professional? Can you take the same criticism that you dish out? It's your house, and I am a guest, but I am curious to know, can a man, speak his mind in your house?

You know, that quote was a long way from this one below.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDogG (Post 413462)
from a civilians stand point. I think in my mind anyways. WHen people like my future ex-wife are talking about this war or that war. HOw soldiers are doing the right or the wrong, blah, blah, blah. There is a part at the beginning of John Wayne's 'Green Berets' movie that has always stuck out in my mind, "A soldier goes where he's told to go and fights whoever he's told to fight.", that a lot of people miss. ONce you sign your name on that piece of paper, you take that oath, you are saying you WILL go wherever you are asked to go and perform your duty for your country whatever that may be. As civilians, especially in the United States, the idea of not having a choice in the matter....is well, hard to realize, and to understand. WHile yes, ( and I may be wrong), there are some instances where personal, moral, i.e., religious reasons perhaps may prevent a soldier from doing a certain assignment, for the most part, I think that quote holds true. And well it should. So yeah, I think that some soldiers do have a little bit of disdain for civilians, and why shouldn't they? I think TR brought out some really good examples off why they might get a little pissed off at us civilians, because we don't know, and we don't and can't understand, what there life is like until we have been there, if and when one ever does. What one of us, that has never been in the military, let alone a war, can really and truly understand or even begin to fathom the kinds of choices they have to make on an everyday basis? The decisions these gentlemen make, and many other soldiers, isn't what to wear to work, or what soda pop they are going to buy on the way, or what to get for dinner that night, it's who do I have to send into harms way, that might not ever come home. That's a question that is hard to grasp for someone that hasn't been there. I know, because I haven't been there. Really when everyday is a life or death decision, as civilians, we should just say 'Thank you, god bless you for what you do, and may you come home safe every day, or night." Then take TR's advice, and "READ MORE AND POST LESS!" Cause as civilians we DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE! Really. So...time to read more and post less.

Maybe you should have taken some of that advice you dispensed so freely just a few weeks ago.

Let me break this down for you.

I quit counting memorial services for my brothers when I had attended 21 of them. Imagine a couple of your best friends being killed every month for ten years. That is what we are dealing with now. Mistakes get people killed. Doing the right thing can get people killed. Helping people can get you killed. And sometimes, doing nothing at all can get people killed as well. We are people who have serious jobs, and have to have a serious attitude. People who fail to follow simple instructions piss us off.

Have you spent a lot of Christmases in some austere location, missing your family? Have you gone a year without a beer, because someone else thought you should? Have you been injured risking your life for people you do not even know, and who probably wouldn't like you or appreciate it if they did? I am not altogether certain that people who do not have to deploy, shower, sleep, and share blood with their coworkers should be telling us who we have to accept and how we should change our attitudes. My beliefs are my own. Not an apology, or an excuse. Just the way it is. BTW, what you have done for your country today?

Some of us are pretty damn funny, too. It helps to break the tension. Occasionally.

Most of us are fathers. We do FID and UW in some of the worst places on this planet to help the locals out. We get the helping people grow and guiding those less fortunate than ourselves bit. At the same time, as noted, this is our house, and you are a guest. You are entitled to express your opinion. Respectfully. Do not be surprised if people disagree with you. If you do not put down the shovel in time, then you run the risk of getting dogpiled. Probably happens some in one of those bars you mentioned. Someone has one too many, opens his mouth at the wrong place and time, and gets knocked on his ass. If he is smart, he shuts up, nurses his next drink, and comes back again for another night. Or he can open his mouth again and make it worse. Sometimes, much worse. You know the deal.

Things will occasionally get heated among ourselves, but mutual respect is always afforded to brothers, and we try not to make our pissing contests public. You are not a brother. You are not even the friend of a brother. You will not get that tolerance here for a long time, if ever.

If reading this board and the way we act disturbs you, visit another of the millions of forums out there. I don't come here to read what you think about us, good, bad, or indifferent. I don't care what you think. I believe that life is too short to be concerned with you and your opinions. If you want to stay, accept the rules we place on guests and conduct yourself accordingly. If you really want to jock up and be one of the brothers, see a recruiter. Once you have a beret, a couple of years on a team, and a deployment or two, come back, get vetted, and jump right in with both feet. If you are a brother, and you piss off a guest, I will always have your back, at least publicly.

If this offends you as well, and you are still experiencing severe vaginal pain, complete this attached form and submit it to any admin here for initial disapproval. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

Have a very SF day.

TR

SF18C 10-03-2011 18:41

1 Attachment(s)
anonymous + internet = dumbass

219seminole 10-03-2011 20:03

As a guest in this house, this thread provided me with lots of amusement over the weekend. After reading the OP I could hardly wait for the ARCLIGHT to begin. :D

Considering that his name is Mad Dog I thought him to be rather delicate of feelings.

Will there be more? :munchin

Snaquebite 10-03-2011 20:14

1 Attachment(s)
GREAT response TR....

Maybe mad dog is just going through a bad time of the month and needs one of these...

Attachment 20166

DADT

abc_123 10-03-2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 219seminole (Post 417094)
As a guest in this house, this thread provided me with lots of amusement over the weekend. After reading the OP I could hardly wait for the ARCLIGHT to begin. :D

Considering that his name is Mad Dog I thought him to be rather delicate of feelings.

Will there be more? :munchin

Why do you feel compelled to comment in this thread at this time? Are you a closet attention whore asking for some of the same type of attention that MD is getting right now, but are just too shy to ask?

I am of the opinion that anyone dumb enough to run INTO an impact area might be a good candidate for elimination from the gene pool.

I think the QPs commenting in this thread are doing fine by themselves without any help.

219seminole 10-03-2011 20:50

No foul intended, but it is in the General Discussion and not higher up in the list.

Apologies.

greenberetTFS 10-04-2011 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 417080)

Maybe you should have taken some of that advice you dispensed so freely just a few weeks ago.

I quit counting memorial services for my brothers when I had attended 21 of them. Imagine a couple of your best friends being killed every month for ten years. That is what we are dealing with now. Mistakes get people killed. Doing the right thing can get people killed. Helping people can get you killed. And sometimes, doing nothing at all can get people killed as well. We are people who have serious jobs, and have to have a serious attitude. People who fail to follow simple instructions piss us off.

Have you spent a lot of Christmases in some austere location, missing your family? Have you gone a year without a beer, because someone else thought you should? Have you been injured risking your life for people you do not even know, and who probably wouldn't like you or appreciate it if they did? I am not altogether certain that people who do not have to deploy, shower, sleep, and share blood with their coworkers should be telling us who we have to accept and how we should change our attitudes. My beliefs are my own. Not an apology, or an excuse. Just the way it is. BTW, what you have done for your country today?

Some of us are pretty damn funny, too. It helps to break the tension. Occasionally.

Most of us are fathers. We do FID and UW in some of the worst places on this planet to help the locals out. We get the helping people grow and guiding those less fortunate than ourselves bit. At the same time, as noted, this is our house, and you are a guest. You are entitled to express your opinion. Respectfully. Do not be surprised if people disagree with you. If you do not put down the shovel in time, then you run the risk of getting dogpiled. Probably happens some in one of those bars you mentioned. Someone has one too many, opens his mouth at the wrong place and time, and gets knocked on his ass. If he is smart, he shuts up, nurses his next drink, and comes back again for another night. Or he can open his mouth again and make it worse. Sometimes, much worse. You know the deal.

Things will occasionally get heated among ourselves, but mutual respect is always afforded to brothers, and we try not to make our pissing contests public. You are not a brother. You are not even the friend of a brother. You will not get that tolerance here for a long time, if ever.

If reading this board and the way we act disturbs you, visit another of the millions of forums out there. I don't come here to read what you think about us, good, bad, or indifferent. I don't care what you think. I believe that life is too short to be concerned with you and your opinions. If you want to stay, accept the rules we place on guests and conduct yourself accordingly. If you really want to jock up and be one of the brothers, see a recruiter. Once you have a beret, a couple of years on a team, and a deployment or two, come back, get vetted, and jump right in with both feet. If you are a brother, and you piss off a guest, I will always have your back, at least publicly.

If this offends you as well, and you are still experiencing severe vaginal pain, complete this attached form and submit it to any admin here for initial disapproval. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

Have a very SF day.

TR

Excellent response TR,if he doesn't get that message now,I doubt he ever will...;)

Big Teddy :munchin

glebo 10-04-2011 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 417080)

Have a very SF day.

TR

Wow, aint that all to familiar...good post...so true..

ZonieDiver 10-04-2011 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 417127)
Excellent response TR,if he doesn't get that message now,I doubt he ever will...;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Big Teddy,

I doubt he ever will. Some can. Some can't. I think, from his response to the initial "counseling sessions," that he falls into the latter category.

On a lighter note, can we change his name to "Mad Dog 20/20"! :D

Dusty 10-04-2011 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 417144)
Big Teddy,

I doubt he ever will. Some can. Some can't. I think, from his response to the initial "counseling sessions," that he falls into the latter category.

On a lighter note, can we change his name to "Mad Dog 20/20"! :D

I second that. Change his name, then ban him.

Stras 10-04-2011 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue02hd (Post 416883)
I think MaddogG is absolutely right!!! I have always felt intimidated and pressured by many of the QP's who post here, and now I know I am not only not alone but my feelings are justified thanks to the heroic and courageous post of our esteemed guest.

Hell I want to buy this man a beer!!! Problem is I wouldn't recognize him if I struck out to is neck of the woods. So I would like to announce right now that I have a bar tab with his name on it waiting at Charlie Mikes just outside of Bragg if he, or anyone else who feels slighted by the warrior elite who endlessly boast of their feats and care little about those others around them, would like to come claim it.

All you have to do is walk in and announce how fucked up Green Berets are, and that you have the shoulders and skin thick enough to speak your mind! Say it loudly and proudly! I find that the truth spoken loudly from strangers who visit is usually the most liberating!!!

I truly feel as if a new chapter in my life is about to begin!

I'l even buy round two for him....