Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   TAPS (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   SFC(RET) Vaclav Havel (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46163)

Stras 06-11-2014 05:52

SFC(RET) Vaclav Havel

Rest well brother. It is with great regret that I inform everyone that Vaclav Havel passed away late yesterday evening

Mr. Havel was one of the original Lodge Bill SF soldiers, originally from
Czechoslovakia and served in 10th SFG for many years. He was extremely active in the SF Community, and his artwork (most notably, the meeting) graces many team room walls.

Details are forthcoming but the family plans to have a Military funeral in Munich.

Above quoted from the SFA Chapter V

The Reaper 06-11-2014 08:49

RIP, brother.

Thank you for your service.

You will not be forgotten.

TR

Ret10Echo 06-11-2014 09:50

Sad news,

Rest well Herr Havel....pray we are able to uphold the legacy wrought by those such as yourself.

I have "The Meeting" print proudly displayed. It is a powerful message.

R10

Joker 06-11-2014 12:19

Rest in Peace Brother. DOL

PRB 06-11-2014 13:31

RIP Brother...would have really enjoyed meeting this man...got this from a guy on our 3/5th web.

Herr Havel was a German teacher during my fortunate opportunity for a tour in Tolz from 87 to 90. His stories about his childhood in CZ were quiet interesting. He would tell about the Nazi invasion as well as the Soviet occupation. He also told a funny story about how he came to join SF. If I remember it correctly he had joined the US Army and a guy came around asking for volunteers for SF. He thought it meant the same as Special Troops Unit did in the Soviet Army...and since he is a very good artist he thought it may be the perfect unit for him...he said he did not realize his misconseption until he was on orders and showed up for training....Herr Havel made language training fun...no small task. It ended up being as much a history lesson about Europe and early SF as a German class. We would consistantly make errors in our pronunciation especially with the I E...he would correct us by saying "E FOR EDIOT"...I am sure some of y'all have seen his a rt work...the one of the A Team and partisans sitting and standing around the table in candlelight is a true classic and my favorite. He has himself in this one as well as other Tolzers. Good luck Herr Havel ! Walt Garren

SF_BHT 06-11-2014 16:42

Rest in Pease Brother!!!

Astronomy 06-12-2014 10:26

Rest In Peace Brother. Flint Kaserne 80-83.

uplink5 06-12-2014 10:46

Rest in Peace brother.....

MtnGoat 06-12-2014 18:20

RIP Warrior. Prayers to your family and friends

Blue Skies and Soft Lanfings

Richard 06-12-2014 19:25

One of the many legends of 10th Group and an interesting character to haggle with everytime we needed anything from the graphics shop down in the basement at Bad Tölz. He taught Czech and Frau Freungel (the commandant's personal interpreter when it was SS-Junkerschule Bad Tölz) taught German and Italian when I was at Tölz.

RIP, Herr Havel.

Richard

JJ_BPK 06-13-2014 04:53

RIP Brother, Vaya con Dios..

Red Flag 1 06-13-2014 15:03

Rest In God's Own Peace, Warrior.

JHD 06-13-2014 16:02

Rest in peace. Prayers out for family and friends.