Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Early Bird (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Green Beret Officer to become JSOC Commander... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55307)

Basenshukai 01-26-2021 12:56

Green Beret Officer to become JSOC Commander...

I have to admit that I have not worked with LT. GEN. Fenton, so I don't much about his time in 7th SFG. His time with JSOC prior to this appears to have been as a J3 there. Before this, he was a Det Cmdr. and - later - an Operations Officer in 7th SFG, and a BN CDR in USAJFKSWCS. I am surprised that this new JSOC commander has not spent most of his career in JSOC (not a bad thing, IMHO).

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Rel...r-assignments/

"Lt. Gen. Bryan P. Fenton, senior military assistant to the secretary of defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C., to commander, Joint Special Operations Command; and commander, Joint Special Operations Command Forward, U.S. Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, North Carolina."

Uman 02-14-2021 18:16

USASOC

USASOC might be next.

SF_BHT 02-14-2021 21:06

What’s funny is he does not wear the long tab in any photos I have seen so far.

He also uses the 504th regiment as his affiliate. I know he was in 7th but he sure does not telegraph it on his uniform. He was in 2/75th and does display the Ranger tab but no all the time.

Just a little odd.....

Intel NCO 02-14-2021 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basenshukai (Post 666543)
I have to admit that I have not worked with LT. GEN. Fenton, so I don't much about his time in 7th SFG. His time with JSOC prior to this appears to have been as a J3 there. Before this, he was a Det Cmdr. and - later - an Operations Officer in 7th SFG, and a BN CDR in USAJFKSWCS. I am surprised that this new JSOC commander has not spent most of his career in JSOC (not a bad thing, IMHO).

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Rel...r-assignments/

"Lt. Gen. Bryan P. Fenton, senior military assistant to the secretary of defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C., to commander, Joint Special Operations Command; and commander, Joint Special Operations Command Forward, U.S. Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, North Carolina."

Former SOCPAC CG. Probably helping to align JSOC with near peer threats (re: China).

JJ_BPK 02-15-2021 05:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SF_BHT (Post 667093)
What’s funny is he does not wear the long tab in any photos I have seen so far.

He also uses the 504th regiment as his affiliate. I know he was in 7th but he sure does not telegraph it on his uniform. He was in 2/75th and does display the Ranger tab but no all the time.

Just a little odd.....

His bio pic shows both tabs,, NOW
Also, an X-spurt INF, no CIB

https://www.defense.gov/Our-Story/Bi...ryan-p-fenton/

Do you think the Procressives have toned down his internet presents?

SF_BHT 02-15-2021 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 667099)
His bio pic shows both tabs,, NOW
Also, an X-spurt INF, no CIB

https://www.defense.gov/Our-Story/Bi...ryan-p-fenton/

Do you think the Procressives have toned down his internet presents?

Must have gotten old google results.......thanks......

The Reaper 02-15-2021 13:07

Bryan Fenton was one of my detachment commanders in A/1/7.

He is an 18A and I have never known him to present himself as anything else.

His regimental crest in the official photo appears to be the SF crest.

He is an outstanding officer and I am sure he will do a great job.

Glad for him and about time an SF officer got a senior command, rather than the other way around.

TR

SF_BHT 02-15-2021 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 667106)
Bryan Fenton was one of my detachment commanders in A/1/7.

He is an 18A and I have never known him to present himself as anything else.

His regimental crest in the official photo appears to be the SF crest.

He is an outstanding officer and I am sure he will do a great job.

Glad for him and about time an SF officer got a senior command, rather than the other way around.

TR

Understand. I just found some photos that made me wonder. Never did I doubt him.

T7L 02-15-2021 20:35

He had 716 at the end of the hall when I was on 711, 94-98 time frame.

Everyone on his team had his back and he the same for them. Never heard a negative word spoken about him in his time in the company. I found him to be a smart, conscientious, and a very competent officer.

Saw him about ten years later in the food court at the new (then) BX at Bragg and he said hello and we spoke for a bit. I was impressed that he remembered me from a decade earlier.

He was in A Co the same time as Tony Fletcher (713) and Sean Swindell (715) both of whom made MG.

Good to see him get JSOC. We can only hope he'll come to Tampa when he's done.

WarriorDiplomat 02-17-2021 10:12

Fellas I am glad to see an 18 series getting the seemingly pre SOCOM billet at JSOC but.......he is an officer many many years beyond team time...he also climbed the ranks under both Obama then Trump and now this appointment under the Obama shadow government.

How easy we forget? fool me once....

Lets not forget the willingness one has to have to do anything for ones career regardless of the path of destruction left behind....I will not believe that a General today is ever promoted for excellency even if it was my own brother.

Last hard class 02-17-2021 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat (Post 667135)
Fellas I am glad to see an 18 series getting the seemingly pre SOCOM billet at JSOC but.......he is an officer many many years beyond team time...he also climbed the ranks under both Obama then Trump and now this appointment under the Obama shadow government.

How easy we forget? fool me once....

Just the facts ma'am. Successful career officers have to be adept at maneuvering through the political obstacle course.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

LHC

WarriorDiplomat 02-17-2021 11:09

L
Quote:

Originally Posted by Last hard class (Post 667136)
Just the facts ma'am. Successful career officers have to be adept at maneuvering through the political obstacle course.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

LHC

Agree on O's ability to navigate and disagree ma'am.....have you not paid attention to the last 20 years of politics in the military and the 200+ officers under Obama. Have you forgotten the destruction of the Q course at the hands of "good dudes" NCO's, WO's and O's.....do you not understand that Trump never got around to getting rid of Obama loyalist? And IMO it doesnt take a PSYOPs guru to read the Army times and see the enthusiasm many SJWs left over from Obama have in promoting and pushing ahead with the Obama agenda. No General is promoted today if he has shown any inclination to resist SJW issues and he certainly does not get a Command like JSOC if he hasnt shown the willingness to embrace poor policy such as female GBs and Rangers at the cost of a much easier incrementally lowered set of standards altered to produce the results that gets one promoted.

Last hard class 02-17-2021 12:20

WD:

I understand your frustration, as always I will defer to you when discussing current affairs of the regiment. But who better to improve our lot than one of our own? Someone who has actual experience at the the team level is a godsend. I'm suggesting that we support him in this position unless or until he deserves otherwise.

LHC

WarriorDiplomat 02-17-2021 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last hard class (Post 667142)
WD:

I understand your frustration, as always I will defer to you when discussing current affairs of the regiment. But who better to improve our lot than one of our own? Someone who has actual experience at the the team level is a godsend. I'm suggesting that we support him in this position unless or until he deserves otherwise.

LHC

Oh I definitely support a GB O being postured to lead SOCOM....I dont expect anything other than what has happened thus far....I consider myself a realist and fairly adept at understanding politics.....we have entirely too many people who make naive assumptions everytime they are familiar with someone promoted to the starfleet level who seem to forget the reality of what ones character may have shown itself to be that made that happen. 2 years on a team does not come close to exposing the character of a man and certainly doesnt show their ambitions for higher positions. We havent see Generals of a Patton or MacArthur type since perhaps Schwarzkopf....these same Generals turned Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria into numerous 6 month wars with their star lust war hawks getting young soldiers killed in a prolonged groundhog day...these Generals are feeding their future employ with more contracts and high paying positions.....and who cares how many more will die keeping their golden parachutes afloat

Just venting

tom kelly 02-18-2021 11:27

GENERALS:

HEEZ Back, General (RETIRED) Honore is Nancy Pelosi's pick to head her version of the KGB to investigate the "INSURRECTION" in the DC Capitol Bldg. on Jan.6,2021. This is another Warren Commission, 911 Commission, to spend more money on smoke & mirrors to spread the DNC false narrative of White Supremacy trying to seize power from the " ELECTED" & not the appointed & anointed Big Guy, slo joe...The U S A is becoming more FUBAR by the day. Pick a Topic, The Wuhan Virus Variants, Students back to school, vaccine distribution, Gov. Dogface Como's cover-up of his lying about nursing home covid deaths, The frozen wind mills in Texas, wear a mask even a counterfeit one...WTF...