Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rocket Fin Sizeing / "SCUBA Boot" options (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34808)

Eagle5US 08-20-2011 17:40

Rocket Fin Sizeing / "SCUBA Boot" options

Size 13 boot -> 14/15 sneaker = XXL Rocket fins?:confused:

Heading to DMO in Feb and (hopefully) just bought the right size off of Amazon. I wrote the school - they have the "one size fits all" Rockets.:rolleyes:

I'll have limited time to fin once I get back from deployment, but I can start doing flutter kicks with them on NOW:D

Also looking at getting a pair of the new Oakley MAROPS / SCUBA boot. Has drainholes in the soles and whatnot - would be better on the deck than booties. Any input would be appreciated.
I haven't "officially finned" in Rockets in 20 years. Am mildly concerned with the bootlaces laces on the forefoot, though I remember the coral booties we used to wear way back when were "OK" to fin in and felt a LOT better than finning in Jungles.

Thanks-

Tress 08-20-2011 18:40

I wear a size 13 shoe and boot. I just checked my Jetfins and they are X-Large. They fit fine even with booties. You might need the XX-Large if you wear a 14-15 size sneaker. Do not remember ever wearing boots with these though.

Tress

ZonieDiver 08-20-2011 18:45

I've got a pair of size 13 booties, if you want them!

Sdiver 08-24-2011 12:33

Size 13-14-15 shoes/booties !!!!!!

You guys don't need fins .... your feet are big enough. The size they're at, they should propel you through the water juuuuuust fine. :D

All kidding aside, I'll swear by the MARES Quattros. Although a little bit more expensive that rocket's, MARES does make an XL for large feet.

Also check out the Cressi Sub Frog's. A little stiffer than the quattros (I used these for my technical dives ... wrecks, caverns, caves, ect), but not as expensive as the quattros.

Hope this helps.

:munchin

Eagle5US 08-24-2011 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdiver (Post 410692)
Size 13-14-15 shoes/booties !!!!!!

You guys don't need fins .... your feet are big enough. The size they're at, they should propel you through the water juuuuuust fine. :D

All kidding aside, I'll swear by the MARES Quattros. Although a little bit more expensive that rocket's, MARES does make an XL for large feet.

Also check out the Cressi Sub Frog's. A little stiffer than the quattros (I used these for my technical dives ... wrecks, caverns, caves, ect), but not as expensive as the quattros.

Hope this helps.

:munchin

Thanks Buddy-

BUT- the schoolhouse ONLY allows Rockets. No exceptions. :rolleyes:

Eagle5US 08-24-2011 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 409960)
I've got a pair of size 13 booties, if you want them!

Man! That would be AWESOME! Thanks!!!