Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   18B (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Special Offer for SFA Members...... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36974)

greenberetTFS 02-28-2012 02:32

Special Offer for SFA Members......

Would like your opinions on the following:
.45 ACP (G21,G21SF,G21SF RTF,G30SF,G36)
Each pistol comes with:
Fixed sights,(3) free magazines.
Models as specified above and G36 comes with (2) free magazines.
$52 for night sights.
$30 for each additional engraving.
FFL transfer fees.
Free shipping to FFL dealer.
(1) free engraving.
Applicable taxes.

$515 G36 model plus options requested.

Would sincerely appreciate any help regarding info from anyone familiar with this weapon,both pros and cons..............:cool: Send posts so I can compare comments which I would prefer.....;)
My aunt died and left me $1200 in her will....Maggie said get something I normally can't afford and enjoy myself......... Timing couldn't be better for me,getting rid of my 40+ plus years old 38 pistol I needed to use here in Mississippi when I was working Security because MS law required you can only qualify with a 38,can carry any gun after qualification on duty if you wanted to.......Sounds stupid but that was the law.......:D

Big Teddy :munchin

Oldrotorhead 02-28-2012 10:15

I own a G21SF RTF, G30SF and a G36. The G36 is the only one I have ever had a fail to feed, I know I limp wrist the G36 so the problem is me. Of the 3 I like the G30SF the best, the size is reasonable to carry concealed, the mag holds 13 rnds. and you can use mags from the G21 as well. I like the Gen.3 pistols, but I think Glock has corrected issues with the Gen,4. The intended use of this pistol should be a factor in in deciding which model you get.

R3V3LATIONS 02-28-2012 11:01

Sure Big Teddy,

The differences with the G21, G21 SF, and G21 SF/RTF are all in the grip/frame of the handgun. The G21 was the orginal full size .45ACP offering from Glock. The common complaint with it was that the grip was too big area wise. Larry Vickers did a torture test of one, and the only main suggestion, from what I interpreted from that test, was that the channel behind the magazine well needed an after market plug to increase reliability by keeping sand and the like out. Very reliable, proven gun, and FWIW they are "standard issue"where I work.

The G21 SF is the Short Frame version of the 21, having a smaller collective grip area than the 21 to accomodate glock shooters favoring/needing a full size Glock in .45ACP while still maintaining the checkering/factory grip stippiling pattern on the Glock 21's.

The Glock 21 SF/ RTF differs from the Glock 21 Sf insofar as the grip pattern and factory stippiling are less agressive on the back strap for a "softer" (IMO) feel. This frame is more popular among the glock frames from what I have heard/seen/and read.

My knowledge extends only to the third generation of these firearms. All lines of the Glock 21 are deemed "very" reliable in my department and in my own personal experience with these firearms. To the extent of my knowledge, each line of Glock 21 is as reliable as the next, they ALL have proven reputation for being able to take a beating and still function reliably. Sources for this information I have mentioned are from articles I have read (and now cant find) from L. Vickers, Todd Green, my limited shooting experience, and word of mouth in my law enforcement and shooting communities. HTH

JJ_BPK 02-28-2012 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 437060)

Teddy

I think a range trip is in order. The discussion about the grip frame size being cumbersome, can turn into a show stopper. The grip size, with 45ACP recoil?? It can bite when your fingers are stretched around a chunk of telephone pole..

I have had a G23 for almost 30 yrs. Never had a hick-up,, But I just can't warm up to the plastic.

The engraving?? I don't think it will add or subtract to the value

I found four factory new that ended with bids on gunbroker,, only two sold,, 440 & 589.

:lifter

greenberetTFS 02-28-2012 13:34

Thanks to all for the feedback so far.......JJ,gave me some pricing,what do you guys think about what I'm quoting?.

R3V3LATIONS 02-28-2012 13:52

The pricing sounds fair. You're not walking away with the store on that, but its better than a lot of places I've seen locally (which for me is southern ohio).

With LE or MIL id, lowest I've seen a glock 21 go for is $464.00, with box, maritime spring cups, 2x magazines, and factory sights from a trusted LE dealer. PM me if you want info Teddy, but with FFL transfer and shipping, it may just be cheaper to go with the deal you have already got going on.

However, the price range here at a various dealers in Ohio is typically 484-580...from what I've seen.

HTH, stay safe

BigWave 02-28-2012 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 437114)

I think a range trip is in order. The discussion about the grip frame size being cumbersome, can turn into a show stopper. The grip size, with 45ACP recoil?? It can bite when your fingers are stretched around a chunk of telephone pole..

:lifter

JJ is right on Teddy; range time is in order I know Gun Ho in Pass Christian has rentals and an indoor range (not affiliated nor have I been there, just a web search). You may want to call before you drive. Are there any other ranges near you that have the weapons that you want to shoot?

Once you figure out which one you want, PM or call, I have an FFL and will see if I can find it for you for less than the price above. Also, preference on the night sights would be good when you are ready (Trijicon, GLOCK Factory, Meprolight, TRUGLO).

Dave

Oldrotorhead 02-28-2012 16:01

Keeping in mind that I am not SF. If no one has a objection I would be interested in a group buy if the price is $525ish.

Eagle5US 02-28-2012 17:00

Teddy-

I purchased the 36 two years ago on the same deal, SF Crest engraved etc...
No failures to feed for me, use it for concealed carry on occasion and find it very comfortable.

The price is good comparatively for what you are getting. The only complaint was the 10 months I had to wait for delivery.

greenberetTFS 02-28-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle5US (Post 437157)
Teddy-

No failures to feed for me, use it for concealed carry on occasion and find it very comfortable.

The price is good comparatively for what you are getting. The only complaint was the 10 months I had to wait for delivery.

10 months,your got to be shiting me!!!!!!!!.................:eek::eek::eek:

Eagle5US 02-28-2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 437160)
10 months,your got to be shiting me!!!!!!!!.................:eek::eek::eek:

ummmmmm.....
no; not kidding.

But, that was then - no telling what the deal is now. Good firearm, good price - especially with the custom engraving.

fasteddie565 02-28-2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead (Post 437100)
I own a G21SF RTF, G30SF and a G36. The G36 is the only one I have ever had a fail to feed, I know I limp wrist the G36 so the problem is me. Of the 3 I like the G30SF the best, the size is reasonable to carry concealed, the mag holds 13 rnds. and you can use mags from the G21 as well. I like the Gen.3 pistols, but I think Glock has corrected issues with the Gen,4. The intended use of this pistol should be a factor in in deciding which model you get.

Not so fast,

Don't blame yourself. I have the same stable and I am currently trouble shooting my G 36. I carried that gun for 3 years and put about 5K rds through it.

Now it continues to poop the bed. You are spot on with your assessment of the G 30/21SF pistols.

To the OP, most folks I know and shot with like the slightly smaller grip of the G 30SF and G 21SF models. I own both (And have owned the regular framed models as well), both are great tools and have never ever failed to function, regardless of the type of ammo (Tula, Wolf, Aluminum Blazer etc). If you are near Missouri, you are welcome to stop by and try them out.

FWIW, I buy most of my Glocks pistols used. My experience is most used Glocks have less than 500 rds through them and I get them for between $350 and $450. $ 580 or so for a new G 36 with NS is a good deal.

fasteddie565 02-28-2012 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle5US (Post 437157)
Teddy-

Eagle,

How many rds do you have through yours?

Eagle5US 02-28-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddie565 (Post 437168)
Eagle,

How many rds do you have through yours?

I'd say 12-1500...conservatively....

greenberetTFS 03-04-2012 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 437060)
Each pistol comes with:
Fixed sights,(3) free magazines.
Models as specified above and G36 comes with (2) free magazines.
$52 for night sights.
$30 for each additional engraving.
FFL transfer fees.
Free shipping to FFL dealer.
(1) free engraving.
Applicable taxes.

$515 G36 model plus options requested.

Would sincerely appreciate any help regarding info from anyone familiar with this weapon,both pros and cons.............. Send posts so I can compare comments which I would prefer....
My aunt died and left me $1200 in her will....Maggie said get something I normally can't afford and enjoy myself......... Timing couldn't be better for me,getting rid of my 40+ plus years old 38 pistol I needed to use here in Mississippi when I was working Security because MS law required you can only qualify with a 38,can carry any gun after qualification on duty if you wanted to.......Sounds stupid but that was the law......

Big Teddy

That's it,I'm going with this deal,great thing about it is that I've got that video on disassembly and cleaning a Glock that I'm sure will help me(you can't forget her I'm sure)............:rolleyes::eek::p