Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Qualification Course (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   OOps, can't upload, invalid file (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52501)

glebo 06-15-2017 05:46

OOps, can't upload, invalid file

I was trying to upload pix of the old Camp Mackall, and the new Camp Mackall

I'll have to figure out a way to convert a .ppt to a valid file. I'll have to wait 'till the smart guy gets to work...

Pete 06-15-2017 05:53

Pdf printer

You could do it the cave man way.

Bring the file up on your desk top, select print to desk top and select pdf as your printer.

Should work.

glebo 06-15-2017 07:42

2 Attachment(s)
yup, here they are...hopefully

PRB 06-15-2017 12:07

Thanks ....nice to have a pic of the old camp....that's how I remember it.

I wish we had some transition pics from the 90's....the guys stationed out there did some nice fix ups...unit insignia from the past and other historical stuff that went away with the new construction.

JJ_BPK 06-15-2017 13:33

6 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics..

glebo 06-15-2017 13:35

Thx JJ, I had those also, but couldn't find them.. Wow, what great? memories...lol

JJ_BPK 06-15-2017 13:35

6 Attachment(s)
Here are more pics..

Pete 06-15-2017 14:40

GP Mediums

The first picture of the old camp was taken in 1977. Pretty much spot on except in 1974 the students slept in GP Mediums in that clearing (old RR & Warehouse Yard) straight out from the two classrooms at the top of the picture.

Had metal frame bunks with a plywood board instead of springs.

Went through Phase I in August. Nice thing about GP Mediums is you can roll up the sides when it's hot - but I never remembered the sides ever being rolled up. In fact I can't ever remember being in them during daylight other than to run in and grab a ruck for a ruck march.

Breakfast, Lunch and Supper were C Rats eaten at the standing boards next to the chin up bars next to the 1st classroom.

glebo 06-15-2017 16:59

Thanks JJ, haven't seen those before. Except the remnants of the old foundations...wow

PRB 06-15-2017 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by glebo (Post 628974)
Thanks JJ, haven't seen those before. Except the remnants of the old foundations...wow

Very cool....you run into foundations all over that area...'I wonder what this was' ......

sfshooter 06-15-2017 17:52

Went through in '93. None of those photos, the old and the new, resemble what it looked like then.
Thanks for posting the pics.

PRB 06-15-2017 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfshooter (Post 628977)
Went through in '93. None of those photos, the old and the new, resemble what it looked like then.
Thanks for posting the pics.

You don't know it but I was your CSM if you made it thru SFAS and came back for the Q.

Do you remember the SFAS ISG...did his last name being with a B or P

MR2 06-16-2017 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 628966)
The first picture of the old camp was taken in 1977. Pretty much spot on except in 1974 the students slept in GP Mediums in that clearing (old RR & Warehouse Yard) straight out from the two classrooms at the top of the picture.

Had metal frame bunks with a plywood board instead of springs.

Went through Phase I in August. Nice thing about GP Mediums is you can roll up the sides when it's hot - but I never remembered the sides ever being rolled up. In fact I can't ever remember being in them during daylight other than to run in and grab a ruck for a ruck march.

Breakfast, Lunch and Supper were C Rats eaten at the standing boards next to the chin up bars next to the 1st classroom.

Still GP Mediums in Apr/May of 1975; tar paper in May of 1976. Tin shed for the classroom, log cabinish building for head shed. "Million dollar shower" was never completed until 1989?

sfshooter 06-16-2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 628978)
You don't know it but I was your CSM if you made it thru SFAS and came back for the Q.

Do you remember the SFAS ISG...did his last name being with a B or P

Went through SFAS in Jan, class 3-93. I don't remember the cadre names at RTF or from G Co. which if I remember right is the SFAS Co., but the D Co. Spt Bn 1SG was G.L. a 10th Grp guy who went from SWC to 5th Grp. I PCS'd from Korea to selection so I didn't have a unit to go back to while waiting for my Q date. Spent almost a year in D Co. I was a dirty leg when I arrived so went to jump school then pre-ranger and pushed my Q date back as they gave me a ranger slot. I also did a stint as driver for Col. Dorsey, the SWC Assistant Commandant but spent most of that time driving SGM Ivanov around.
I started the Q in late Jan of '94 and was back out at RTF by late spring early summer for SUT, the Star, and Robin Sage.
I'll have to rack my brain to remember my cadre while there in that time frame.

sfshooter 06-16-2017 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2 (Post 628991)
Still GP Mediums in Apr/May of 1975; tar paper in May of 1976. Tin shed for the classroom, log cabinish building for head shed. "Million dollar shower" was never completed until 1989?

The shower was finished when I was there. It was the nicest building there as I recall. There was a little tiny mess hall too. We had hot breakfast the last week there, the reason being it was a winter class........ I know, we had it easy....:D