Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Terrorism (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!!!! so WARNS "intelligence officials" (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27467)

Team Sergeant 02-03-2010 09:39

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!!!! so WARNS "intelligence officials"

Brillant! And this is why we're spending trillions of taxpayers money.

"Intelligence officials warn"...... allow me to inform the "intelligence officials" that the islamic morons have attempted an attack about every six months since 9/11.

Let's raise our "threat level" to "ultraviolet" and spend another $500 billion in useless TSA security measures. That will show the "mindless public" that the current administration is "attempting" to do something.

It's time to make this "war" (or as obama says "our disagreement") vicious.

I have a novel idea, let's make this fight so brutal that no one wishes to attack America. (I once thought (and was taught) that a standing "Professional" Army was a "deterrent".)

We deter absolutely nothing, terrorists, international drug cartels, rouge nations, nothing.

We have lost our "ferocity". Couple that with a spineless (bowing) administration and you have a recipe to deter, absolutely nothing.

Team Sergeant

Intelligence Officials Warn Attempted Al Qaeda Attack Months Away

The terrorist organization is deploying operatives to the United States to carry out new attacks from inside the country, CIA Director Leon Panetta told Congress

WASHINGTON -- Al Qaeda can be expected to attempt an attack on the United States in the next three to six months, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Congress Tuesday.

The terrorist organization is deploying operatives to the United States to carry out new attacks from inside the country, including "clean" recruits with a negligible trail of terrorist contacts, CIA Director Leon Panetta said. Al Qaeda is also inspiring homegrown extremists to trigger violence on their own, Panetta added.

The annual assessment of the nation's terror threats provided no startling new terror trends, but amplified growing concerns since the Christmas Day airline attack in Detroit that militants are growing harder to detect and moving more quickly in their plots.

"The biggest threat is not so much that we face an attack like 9/11. It is that Al Qaeda is adapting its methods in ways that oftentimes make it difficult to detect," Panetta told the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Al Qaeda is increasingly relying on new recruits with minimal training and simple devices to carry out attacks, the CIA chief said as part of the annual assessment of national threats provided to Congress by the top five U.S. intelligence officials.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...k-months-away/

ZonieDiver 02-03-2010 10:16

I've often thought we should tell 'em another attack on the USA will result in a large nuclear detonation on the big black stone in Saudi!

Snaquebite 02-03-2010 10:23

I love this part...

Quote:

The annual assessment of the nation's terror threats
They do this once a year...this makes me feel so much better.

Richard 02-03-2010 10:27

Must be time for everyone to make their case for next year's budget by going to the MSM to again 'cry wolf' to the public so they can get their Congresscritters stirred up and keep the $$$ rolling in - an even more effective technique if it's an election year and the voting public already has their knickers in a knot over Congress' lack of ability to accomplish much of anything worthwhile in the last couple of years.

And so it goes...:rolleyes:

Richard's jaded $.02 :munchin

ZonieDiver 02-03-2010 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 312377)
Your just cynical.

Where does "realism" stop and "cynicism" begin? :confused:;)

Richard 02-03-2010 11:40

Quote:

Your {sic} just cynical.
Skeptical. ;)

Richard

Shans84 02-03-2010 11:55

Quote:

Brillant! And this is why we're spending trillions of taxpayers money.

"Intelligence officials warn"...... allow me to inform the "intelligence officials" that the islamic morons have attempted an attack about every six months since 9/11.

Let's raise our "threat level" to "ultraviolet" and spend another $500 billion in useless TSA security measures. That will show the "mindless public" that the current administration is "attempting" to do something.

It's time to make this "war" (or as obama says "our disagreement") vicious.

I have a novel idea, let's make this fight so brutal that no one wishes to attack America. (I once thought (and was taught) that a standing "Professional" Army was a "deterrent".)

We deter absolutely nothing, terrorists, international drug cartels, rouge nations, nothing.

We have lost our "ferocity". Couple that with a spineless (bowing) administration and you have a recipe to deter, absolutely nothing.

Team Sergeant
Agreed. TS for President 2012 !

greenberetTFS 02-03-2010 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 312369)
I've often thought we should tell 'em another attack on the USA will result in a large nuclear detonation on the big black stone in Saudi!

Excellent idea ZD.................;)

Big Teddy :munchin

LarryW 02-03-2010 12:52

Quote:

Team Sergeant
I agree.

The question is how to reaffirm our strength in the face of a MSM-sensitive Government. It would seem that one approach would be tp respond to attacks with overwhelming strength (economic and military), crush the enemy with such force as to assert the belief in their hearts and minds that more will surely come, regardless of the religious fabric of their country, regardless of whether they are hiding in mosques or schools. Then, when the Madison Ave PR tribe starts rattling their pacifiers (which will be loud and clear), ignore them...completely. Use the Dog Whisperer tactic: "No look, no touch, no eye contact".

IMO, we have become weak in our resolve and lost our "ferocity" because we have buckled under to perceived public opinion with confusion and indecision. We've begun to believe the publicity of our enemies. The PCs of the world have had their way long enough.

Richard 02-03-2010 14:03

I would be careful of believing my own hype - many have made the mistake of underestimating both our capability and will when we perceive a real danger exists to our families and way of life.

In the meantime - crank up the grill, turn on the game, and enjoy a cold one with me. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Sigaba 02-03-2010 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 312374)
Must be time for everyone to make their case for next year's budget by going to the MSM to again 'cry wolf' to the public so they can get their Congresscritters stirred up and keep the $$$ rolling in ....

The producers of NCIS made this same point last night.

greenberetTFS 02-03-2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigaba (Post 312467)
The producers of NCIS made this same point last night.

NCIS made what point? :confused:

Sigaba 02-05-2010 14:23

Spoiler alert. This post discusses NCIS episode "Masquerade," airdate 4 Feb 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 312502)
NCIS made what point? :confused:

Big Teddy--

The episode made the point that some individuals and agencies use GWOT to advance their own economic interests rather than to protect the country. The episode, also contained numerous brisk exchanges centered around the ongoing debate over how America should best balance security and freedom.

The episode is available here. That is, at least for now. CBS is stingy with its content.