Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Liars, Poseurs, and Frauds.... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36411)

Richard 01-06-2012 08:02

Liars, Poseurs, and Frauds....

I thought about posting this notice by Raven Concealment Systems from their FaceBook page in one in several sections, but decided to place it here as it is related to a company who provides professional gear to the military, LEOs, and others and who is obviously encountering similar problems with a growing number of wannabe's.

Richard :munchin

Quote:

Liars, Poseurs, and Frauds....
by Raven Concealment Systems on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 6:40pm

I am appalled that I even have to compose this message.

With increasing frequency, we are receiving phone calls and emails from people who either imply or directly state that they are a member of the special operations/intelligence/federal law enforcement community, when they clearly are no such thing. Usually they are doing so with a hand extended, looking for some sort of discount, expedited service, and/or free "T&E" gear.

I'm not sure if these people think we're stupid, or if they are really just so caught up in their Walter Mitty alternate reality that they believe their own lies, but we are completely fucking fed up with it.

In an attempt to reduce or eliminate such contact in the future, we are posting this "Public Notice:"

■We do extensive business with the military special operations/intelligence/federal law enforcement community. We know how those guys communicate with vendors. Here's a hint: They do it from email addresses that end in ".gov" and ".mil", not "navyspecwarfare@xxxxxxx.com". If you email us from an address like that, we are going to know right away that you're a lying piece of shit.

■Whenever we get an email or call from someone making claims to be from 'XYZ' agency or 'ABC' unit that makes our Spidey Sense tingle, we pick up the phone and call one of our buddies who ACTUALLY WORKS FOR SAID AGENCY/UNIT/GROUP/etc and ask them if you're legit. Vetting someone is really easy in a community that small.

■Our Operations Manager is a licensed private investigator, with a background in both federal investigation and military law enforcement. When we get guys falsely claiming to be ninja-force 17, we have him run said idiot to ground. He digs up every bit of that person's personal information he can find, from criminal background to really embarassing pictures that are floating around Facebook.

Here's our take on it: The guys you are attempting to impersonate take that sort of thing REALLY fucking seriously; therefore, WE TAKE IT REALLY FUCKING SERIOUSLY. If you are harboring any stupid ideas about calling us and claiming to be someone you are not, here's what you can expect to have happen:

First, we will tell you to fuck off.

Next, we will dig up every bit of info on you we can find.

Then we will use said info to whatever ends we find suitable. Best case scenario is that we will use that information to publicly embarass you, but more likely we will forward that info to the community which you have claimed to be part of. If your claims violate the "Stolen Valor Act" in even the slightest way, we will assist in your prosecution.

I apologize to all of our loyal customers for such a vulgar rant, but I can only imagine how many other companies (who do not have the same resources at their disposal) are being duped by these lying dick-douches. Please share this to help spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raven...83286801720358

dollarbill 01-06-2012 08:56

I apologize to all of our loyal customers for such a vulgar rant

No need to apologize QP Richard. Sometimes a person just needs to reiterate, and there is nothing wrong with that. We all have our limits and when your cup is running over, you just have to do or say something about it.

LongWire 01-06-2012 09:27

Well Done!!!!!

glebo 01-06-2012 11:22

That's awsome...no sugar coating on that one..:lifter

alright4u 01-06-2012 14:15

Agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 430336)
I thought about posting this notice by Raven Concealment Systems from their FaceBook page in one in several sections, but decided to place it here as it is related to a company who provides professional gear to the military, LEOs, and others and who is obviously encountering similar problems with a growing number of wannabe's.

Why not require an SFA number and/ or an SOA # for those claiming this?

Sarski 01-06-2012 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarbill (Post 430349)
No need to apologize QP Richard. Sometimes a person just needs to reiterate, and there is nothing wrong with that. We all have our limits and when your cup is running over, you just have to do or say something about it.

Though I am not one of your loyal customers, something tells me your apology, though appreciated, is probably not needed given the makeup of your clients.

I love your vetting process. Also enjoyed the read, unfortunate you had to do so, but very straight forward and to the point, no punches pulled here, and those that call in with deceit can now know what to expect with their very first "fuck off.":munchin

dollarbill 01-06-2012 14:37

I apologize to all of our loyal customers for such a vulgar rant

QP Richard, I would like to apologize to you for the manner in which I originally commented on your post. My biggest draw back is that I know the taste of foot, all to well. However, I do agree with you. It was wrote extermly well and streight to the point. Again I do apologize

Pete 01-06-2012 16:48

I liked it.

I liked it.

greenberetTFS 01-06-2012 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 430414)
I liked it.

Me too..........;) :D

Big Teddy :munchin

JoeEOD 01-06-2012 18:43

Attaboy

YES!!! And he scores!

kgoerz 01-06-2012 19:16

When I was working as a Fed Agent. I was amazed at how vender's were so anxious to give me a deal. Without me providing any proof of my credentials. Don't think this guy is trying to be Nobel. If the customer has the money, they will ship the Tactical gear. They don't care who they sell it to.
I had High Explosives delivered to our Agency's office. All I provided was a Word.doc letter head and a credit card number. Pretty scary since that was 2007 when it happened.

Team Sergeant 01-06-2012 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 430336)

Professionalsoldiers.com can (and will) assist with the "Green Beret / Special Forces" vetting. :munchin

HOLLiS 01-07-2012 12:56

Well said, I am personally glad more people are catching on.

rdret1 01-07-2012 13:32

That was great! Maybe more such companies will follow suit.