Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Introductions V (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36757)

Scott-O 12-25-2012 15:16

Intro

Howdy All,

My name is Scott, I am a recent (MAY12) Q-CRS grad. I PCS'd to Panzer last summer and have been enjoying my time getting 'mentored'. I will join my team in JAN when I return from a super-fun BTL CPT job (that has at least given me some perspective). I've been reading the site alot without joining over the last couple years and always appreciate the extra perspective that I'm able to glean from the QP's-- thanks TS for creating a forum where FNGs like me can learn and keep from frequent crank stepping. In addition to that, I find the extension of team room humor comforting-- as an o if I go more than 10 minutes without getting made fun of, there's something wrong...

Other than army stuff, I'm really into cycling and triathlon-- I've completed somewhere around 30 IM 70.3s and IMs. So far the Q-QRS killed that hobby and I'm doing my best to get back into long distance shape.

Jason1986 12-26-2012 01:17

My name is Jason. I used to weigh 440, and currently weigh 220. I am honestly half the man I used to be. I lost the weight in order to join the military. I was planning being an infantryman in either the Marines or the Army. Then after talking to an Army recruiter, finding this site, and reading a book by Major Joe Martin I think I may give the 18X my best shot once I lose some more weight if the program is avalible. If there is to long of a wait I may just sign up 11B,Volunteer for Airborn training , and Volunteer for Special Forces ASAP. Then again if there is a long wait that is more time to get into shape. If I give it my best shot and fail I get to be an Infantryman (win-win) plus I can test again latter from what I understand.

One problem I have is that while loseing the weight I have gotten very very old.:boohoo I am now 26 and will be 27 in July, and therefor from what I have gleaned I only have three years.

I did have lots and lots of questions to ask you guys but after reading the forums for the last few days and finishing Major Martin's book, I don't have anymore questions that I can think of at the moment. I am going to get some more of the books recomended on these forums by the QPs and do some more browsing.

GoldenGraham 12-26-2012 19:18

Introduction

Hello all,
My name is J (Team Sergeant Edit, no full names) I am currently a sophomore at Pennsylvania State University. I do have a scholarship through Army ROTC, and I am currently striving to achieve that Commission! I came across this site simply by google searching many questions I had pondered about the life after CadetLand. And my googling led me to this GoldMine! I am looking forward to studying as much as I can from this site, I am extremely grateful for this site with the abundance of knowledge one can gain, not only to become a better soldier but also to develop and become a better man all around. Thank you all for your service, and I look forward to my stay here. May it be long and prosperous.

Very Respectfully,
J

RattlerDaughter 12-27-2012 10:02

Hello

Guess my first attempted took too long, since I seem to have been thrown off the site.

My father is an SF Vietnam Vet and a Professional Soldier (even tho' retired). We lost mom recently and it has been a little hard. I'm looking for (clean-ish) jokes, chess players (I'm really not that good) and great discussions to share with dad. He is always looking for someone to play chess with, and as I said - I'm not that good.

I'm considered the liberal in the family (so I guess that makes me the black sheep), but I'm more Libertarian in my values than liberal. I don't believe in gun control, I do believe in less government & I do believe in taking care of our troops (both past & present).

I'm not looking for trouble, I'm not looking to disrespect or be disrespected.

Oh, and by the way, my name is Robin.

Twood 12-28-2012 15:52

Intro

Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas and I am 23. I'd like to thank those who serve or have served our county, and a special thanks to those who served in a combat role.

I am scheduled on 2 January to phys and swear in on an 18x contract. I know its kind of a late start but I have never been more prepared physically or mentally. Although I have read Get Selected! twice and have spent countless hours reading and researching as much as possible, I am still trying to learn as much as I can. So, thank you to the founders of this site and to all contributors for sharing you knowledge.

LMD 12-28-2012 16:10

Greetings all!
My name is Mike. I am 23 and a current student-athlete. I have never been able to get away from the desire to serve and have been revisiting the idea for some time. Now that I'm a little older and see the world and where I want my future to go differently, I am strongly considering enlisting via the 18x option. In high school, our Vice Principal was former SF, and being the immature highschoolers we were, I don't think any of us understood or appreciated the character and integrity he was trying to build into every one of us. Now that I can fully appreciate it, I can attribute a lot of my desire to take this journey to that man. With that, I am here to absorb as much of your insights as possible to help as I prepare myself to enter the pipeline. The professionalism I have found here, reading what and how you QP's post is remarkable and inspiring to me.
Thanks all for your service, time and dedication.

Mike

Joshua.David 12-28-2012 17:46

Hey guys

My name is Josh and I am 23. I Joined in Late 09 and went the RIP route. Enjoyed regiment for a couple of deployments to AFG, ran into some issues with a new PSG, and I decided it was no longer home for me. Progressing my way through the course as of now. Almost done.
-josh

Sulfek 12-29-2012 00:52

SGT Russell, 13B

I am an active duty Sergeant currently stationed at Ft. Carson. I will be attending SFAS in the coming fall. I chose Carson for my duty station so I could train for SFAS in a high altitude and push myself. I am tired of dealing with soldiers who have no desire or want to be in the military. I am ready to work with and for professionals who have a true desire to be a part of something great. I have one deployment to Iraq and one to Afghan, I look forward to more in the future. I am a father and husband, I spend my free time shooting, reloading, working on my tj crawler and learning how to survive on my own. I have two eyes, two ears and one mouth, I spend my time listening and watching. I will have my chance to talk when I'm old and I have learned something worth sharing.

andylw87 12-29-2012 09:39

Hello all,

My name is Andrew, I'm an active duty 68A stationed at Fort Sam Houston. I'm currently in Afghanistan, but plan on attending SFAS in the spring or summer of 2013. I've been researching/reading on the site for almost a year now, and I'd like to thank all the QP's (and others) for the vast amount of info I've found on here, I'm confident it'll pay dividends once I enter the pipeline.

Harry C 12-29-2012 22:35

Hello everyone. I am 22 years old and signed my 18X contract a few days ago.

This is an ambition I have held onto for many years and have patiently waited until I was mature and experienced enough to take on. I have been reading this forum for the last 6 months as I navigated the enlistment process and, now that my contract is signed, decided to register.

I will be shipping out in April and entering SOPC in September. In the meantime I will continue reading and learning from this site and other sources. Thank you to all the QPs for the valuable information and insight available here.

DntTrdOnMe 12-30-2012 01:07

Hello QP's and guests

I have recently graduated from college with a double major in Marketing and Criminal Justice. It is my dream and calling to attend SFAS and hopefully join the Special Forces.

I thank all of the QP's for founding and maintaining this site. It is a great resource for anyone seriously interested in joining the SF.

DntTrdOnMe

Trumpcard 12-30-2012 04:11

Introduction

Hello Gents,

I'm here to find out more about support roles that 35 series guys play within the SPECOPs world. I have intelligence experience at the G2, J2, and INSCOM level but I am considering going to Group, Ranger, or JSOC type units within the next two years.

I do most of my research via e-mail over the SIPR or talking to folks that have been at these units. I don't expect to receive too much information over this unclassified forum but it's still nice to be able to look around and ask questions.

-Trumpcard

hessianthroback 12-30-2012 07:02

I want to start off by saying thank you to professionalsoldiers.com because this site is very helpful. Also, thank you to the qp's and admins that volunteer their time and assist us new guys.
I head to Ft. Benning in April to begin my career in the Army and was blessed to receive an 18 x-ray contract. Lord willing I remain healthy and have the right stuff. If anyone else here will be in Benning then shoot me a message, I would love to get to know my new family.
Thank you to the admins and qp's again.
God Bless.

BadBadBrownof86 12-31-2012 10:07

Intro

My name Is Leroy. It has been my only sole purpose to serve in such a prestigious brother hood such as the Green Beret's. Right now i am stationed at Bliss. I am facing a med board but am doing my best to fight it right now. Hopefully in the even i do win. I hope i can still be a candidate for SFAS. I am not think negative but if i can't volunteer or even stay in the Army. I'll be very lost in life. I don't know who i am but know what i want to become. Thank you.

Driller 12-31-2012 11:35

Reposting a lost introduction.

I graduated the Q as an 18E 05JUN87. I served in 2nd Bn 12th SFG with four years on an ODA. The training I received has been invaluable in my civilian career and I am profoundly grateful to the professionals that trained me and those that I served with. Great times! Making a plan, showing up with the right equipment and never giving up can get a man far in this life.

Thank you for this forum; the viewpoints presented in the discussions are interesting.