Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT/ H2H (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Oxidative Stress: we all have it (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49966)

BigRod163 11-22-2015 22:27

Oxidative Stress: we all have it

You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.

full cooler 11-23-2015 06:16

What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?

Dusty 11-23-2015 06:22

lol Team Sergeant has a special place in his heart for springbutt snake oil salesmen.

The Reaper 11-23-2015 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRod163 (Post 598183)
You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.

Here we go......:rolleyes:

TR

Red Flag 1 11-23-2015 16:03

There is this: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm331258.htm, to think about.

And another opinion: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...ate-protandim/.

x SF med 11-23-2015 16:09

Is he Will Brink's cousin or something?

BigRod163 11-23-2015 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by full cooler (Post 598193)
What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?

No selling, I assure you. Just educating.

BigRod163 11-23-2015 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 (Post 598246)

That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.

Now, I understand. In this day and age we are bombarded with advertisements left and right promising us the world but always failing to deliver. So anytime someone presents us with new technology our guards are immediately up. Furthermore, it's human nature to be contrary in order to sound intelligent. Someone tells you baking soda cures cancer and the first thing you'll do is look for how baking soda doesn't cure cancer. Again, I understand that.

But here's my stance. I am veteran. I just want to help people, especially veterans. I have the utmost respect and admiration for QP's. I truly believe this product could benefit soldiers and athletes alike (the Baltimore Ravens are all on it as well and many other professional athletes) which is why I posted this in the PT forum. I'm not selling anything. I'm just offering information. Do what you will.

I was extremely skeptical when I was first introduced to this but over the past few months I have personally seen lives changed, especially in veterans from nerve agent damage to PTSD. So I challenge you; keep an open mind. Do some research, look up personal testimonies. Don't immediately look for someone trashing it because I promise it's out there. You have to look for the "proof in the pudding". Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't. So you have to ask yourself; what if it works?

My heart was to only help those of you who could benefit from this. If the admins feel this needs to be taken down then it should be. I was just here to present some information.

PedOncoDoc 11-23-2015 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRod163 (Post 598254)
That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.

Where are these publications and reports on the randomized, placebo-controlled trials? A search of PubMed for Protandim shows next to nothing, and even less in high-impact scientific journals.

Quote:

Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't.
There's always option three: it's harmful.

I'm always skeptical of the motives of someone when they claim to have no skin in the game, yet feel compelled to put a trademark sign next to the brand name of anything, particularly some new thing being marketed as medicine but labeled as a dietary supplement.

My $.02.....YMMV

ETA: I have to assume this is your Facebook page - from what is publicly available it certainly looks like you're trying to sell something....

VVVV 11-23-2015 17:21

Bourbon NOT Pills is way to go!

Red Flag 1 11-23-2015 18:52

This product just isn't there yet, and probably will be not the fountian of youth it alludes to be. The clinical work done falls well short of being anything the FDA is going to consider. For that reason it is marketed as a dietary suppliment. The FDA is taken out of the picture, and the company publishes it's own study results. This takes the published "tests and studies" into the advertizment/marketing arena.

I agree with PedOncoDoc regarding the worries regarding potential harm. Because nothing about harm has been said, does not mean it is harmless. The Facebook page does seem to push Protandim.

My $.02.

x SF med 11-24-2015 10:07

Ok... in your first post here.... you said that physical training is killing us? And you are sure your snake oil will save us, we'll all BE HEALED by your miraculous concoction - yet, there is no mention of FDA approval nor of hard scientific evidence in peer reviewed medical journals to support your claims. Sorry, I'll side with the doctors here, as I was but a lowly SF Medic, more proof is needed that this elixir of youth and vigor is the panacea you claim it to be.

SouthernDZ 11-24-2015 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 598266)
Bourbon NOT Pills is way to go!

I used to agree, go American, now I understand Jim Beam was sold to China (high treason):eek:

PedOncoDoc 11-24-2015 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernDZ (Post 598341)
I used to agree, go American, now I understand Jim Beam was sold to China (high treason):eek:

Nah...that was a cheap Chinese knockoff with high levels of lead in it. :D

VVVV 11-24-2015 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernDZ (Post 598341)

Beam was sold to Suntory a Japanese conglomerate.