PDA

View Full Version : Another random chicken dish by RL

Roguish Lawyer
02-21-2006, 19:43
I'm on a low-carb diet, so I've been experimenting in the kitchen. This one was pretty good.

Sausage-stuffed chicken

1 package thin-sliced chicken breasts
1 package Johnsonville brown sugar & maple syrup breakfast sausage
short wooden skewers
large pinches (about 1/2 tsp each) of sage, cumin, salt, black pepper and onion powder.

Mix spices together in a little bowl.

Lay one slice of chicken breast flat and sprinkle spice mixture on top.

Put two sausages on top of the breast, then wrap the ends around the sausage and hold together with skewer. Place on greased cookie sheet (I used butter-flavored Pam).

Repeat with remaining chicken and sausage. Sprinkle tops of stuffed chicken breasts with remaining spices.

Bake at 400 until done, turning occasionally. The bottom of the chicken will brown on the bottom of the pan, which will be covered with sausage drippings, so you'll want to try to brown all sides of the breasts.

Serve with veggies of your choice.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
02-25-2006, 12:43
Got any random turkey receipes? These guys dropped in for lunch today.

ObliqueApproach
02-25-2006, 18:45
RL,

Been doing lo-carb for about 5 years and my wife has lots of recipes. If you want some, PM me and I will email you some of them. Below is the best as it gets the "potatoes" back in the meat and mashed potatoes. We have this 3-4 times a week.

Cauli-taters - Mash Potato Replacement

Serving Comment: 1/8 of recipe
Servings: 8 Calories/Serving: 98.75 CPF Ratio: 24-14-62

Ingredients

CAULIFLOWER, RAW - 6-7'' dia 1 large head
Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Spreadable-200 grams
Pepper, Course Ground Black 1 tbsp
Lo Salt 1 tbsp

Directions

Steam cauliflower until very soft. (Approximately 45 minutes.)

Put the mixing blade on the food processor. Put cream cheese into the food processor approximately 20 minutes before the cauliflower is ready. Make sure the caulifower is drained then pour into food processor. Add lo-salt and pepper and mix until the cauliflower is slightly lumpy. Pour into a serving bowl and serve.

NOTE: If you do not have a steamer, you can boil the cauliflower, but make sure it is well drained before mixing with the cream cheese or you will have runny cauli-taters.

NOTE: If you do not have a food processor, you can use a mixer as well.

Recipe Nutrient Analysis:

Nutrient Single Serving Total Recipe
Calories (kcal)* 98.75/790.00
Protein (g)* 3.70/29.63
Carbohydrates (g)* 6.24/49.88
Fat (g)* 7.22/57.76
Saturated Fat (g)* 0.03/0.27
Cholesterol (mg)* 0.00/0.00
Sodium (mg)* 105.75/846.01
Total Dietary Fiber (g) 2.63/21.00
Digestible Carbs (g) 3.61/28.88

Nutrients marked with an asterisk (*) indicate data totals with some values not available. This may result in an under reporting of values.

JMI
04-14-2006, 20:42
I am going to try this tomorrow night on the GF.

Keep the chicken recipes coming.