PDA

View Full Version : My local gun dealer sucks

Roguish Lawyer
02-18-2006, 13:52
Yeah, yeah, I should move to another state, right? :rolleyes:

There is only one gun dealer close to my house. Catwoman got me a new H&K USP .45 for Christmas, and I went to this dealer to process a transfer from an out-of-state dealer. They refused, because they "don't want to compete against themselves." Now I have to go to the other side of town to get the transfer processed.

I've spent thousands of dollars at this store, and I told them that I'd never go there again if they wouldn't process the transfer, yet they still refused. Idiots. I just reported them to the California Attorney General, as the refusal to process the transfer is a crime. :D

DanUCSB
02-18-2006, 14:01
Yes, you do live in the wrong state. Trust me, I know. :(

However, good response to the problem.

sf11b_p
02-18-2006, 14:02
Not sure how it works in your case, but there's lists for FFLs. I'm thinking this is what you need an FFL who legally recieves the weapon to transfer to you. It doesn't have to be a storefront. The fee I've seen average $15-$25.

This is one such list.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

Two.

http://listings.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/

lksteve
02-18-2006, 17:02
Yeah, yeah, I should move to another state, right...I just reported them to the California Attorney General, as the refusal to process the transfer is a crime. therein lies the irony...in another state, you would not have had the problem to begin with...in another state, i doubt that refusing your business would be against the law...PRC is a whole 'nother country...

crow
02-18-2006, 19:27
Could be worse, you could live here in Taxachusetts. you can't even buy an pellet gun online and its against the law to own a sling shoot in this state.

Roguish Lawyer
02-19-2006, 13:56
Could be worse, you could live here in Taxachusetts. you can't even buy an pellet gun online and its against the law to own a sling shoot in this state.

Thanks, I feel much better now. LOL

Ambush Master
02-19-2006, 14:15

Can only ask the question, when the residents elect the likes of Kerry and Kennedy, what do you expect???

aricbcool
02-20-2006, 16:46
I just reported them to the California Attorney General, as the refusal to process the transfer is a crime. :D

I'd be interested in hearing updates if/when this develops. :)

Seth
02-20-2006, 22:11
RL,

Your experience is not isolated. Several gun shops, I visited, in Northern and Central California have stated similar policies.

Good gun shops in California are an endangered species, because the state creates a hostile environment for gun retailers. The Calif. Dept. of Justice makes the BATF/E look like slackers, when it comes to shop inspections.

-Seth