PDA

View Full Version : Training for SFAS in Boulder, Colorado

SS02
02-11-2006, 17:41
I am new to Colorado, and have been enjoying training along the Front Range. So Far I have been able to push myself while training, but I would like to find some other SF candidates in the area to train with.

I have been rucking at least 3 times a week, and running 4 day a week. I have also been working on push ups, pull ups and sit ups, as well as lifting my kettlebells to help with upper body strength and stamina.

So if anyone is in the Boulder area and would like to log some miles let me know. I would love to set up my training, and it’s a lot easier pushing it when training with a group.

If anyone is in my AO and would like to get to get a group together for training PM me.

Firebeef
02-12-2006, 08:32
Retired SF in Greeley, CO. Still in pretty good shape for a FOG. I have a job that affords me plenty of time off during the week and weekends. I'm a good hiker and wantin to do a bunch more this summer, so would be interested in gettin back into summer shape, and since I've been there, can maybe help ya with some off line training tips....hell, I won't even hold it against ya that you're one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. If ya think ya can hang with an old guy from Greeley drop a line back and we can talk.

C0B2A
02-12-2006, 18:39
www.crossfit.com .... these work out rutines are being used in the phase 3 echo course as a trial bases to see if the rest of the MOS's will move to it. I have found it incredibly helpful and have alowed me to score over a 300 on my APFT. Just thought I would let ya know.

NousDefionsDoc
02-12-2006, 18:45
Ah, I am getting the warm and fuzzies. PS.com works!

Blueboy
02-13-2006, 01:23
Crossfit is pretty popular in Group as well. Many teams incorporate at least 2-3 CF workouts a week in garrison. It's a good system to use while deployed as well b/c a typical workout does not require a great deal of time or equipment. I find that the workouts are uniquely suited to our line of work----incorporating both aerobic and anaerobic for short, intense bursts. Great for conditoning guys to move out with lots of kit, climb obstacles, recover a fallen teammate, etc.

Roguish Lawyer
02-13-2006, 01:45
Ah, I am getting the warm and fuzzies. PS.com works!

That it does. The candidate just scored, or at least he got himself one helluva block!

SS02
02-13-2006, 15:13
Thanks for the replies;

Firebeef,
It would be great to hit the dirt with someone and continue to progress my training. And any off-line training tips from a BTDT would be great. I will PM you this week to figure out when we can log in some miles.

-Misguided Children, hey you can’t give the Marines a hard time. They really aren’t that uptight, the high and tights just that make us look that way.

CO2BA,
Great site thanks for the info. I have been getting bored with my weight routine and looking to mix it up.

Warrior-Mentor
02-13-2006, 17:25
Smart Man.
Squared away.
JM

SS02
02-13-2006, 20:45
Warrior-Mentor,

I just wanted to let you know your book (Get Selected) has been a great help in the development of my training. I am half way through a modified version of your 30 day training plan, and I am happy with the fitness base I have been establishing.

I have read the books you suggested and have noticed a difference in my focus, and determination while training. I should be getting my Personal Power II cd’s this week and plan on listening to those while driving to classes, and running early in the morning.

Thanks for the great information, I know the training and reading you suggested will help out at 0-Dark hundred when I am facing my mental demons.

RG