PDA

View Full Version : Almost time

Amato
02-11-2006, 13:15
Monday is the big day, where I head off to SFAS. From what I have been told, I only have 1 shot at this now, so hopefully I am prepared. Ihave browsed this boards for a little bit now, and must say thanks for the good info you guys have up on here. Hopefully in 26 days from now I will be selected.

FearMonkey
02-11-2006, 13:28
Don't be late, don't be light, and don't be last. Good luck bro. :lifter

Gypsy
02-11-2006, 15:31
Good luck, Amato!

Kyobanim
02-11-2006, 16:35
Don't be late, don't be light, and don't be last. Good luck bro.

And don't be late for diner.

Good Luck!

Amato
02-11-2006, 16:57
Late for Dinner?

Martin
02-11-2006, 16:59
Good luck!

Martin

Kyobanim
02-11-2006, 17:23
Late for Dinner?

Didn't you know? If you're late for diner you have to clean up after everyone.

Warrior-Mentor
02-11-2006, 17:40
Good Luck.

dennisw
02-11-2006, 19:34
He is the winner who perseveres. Good luck.

Daver
02-11-2006, 20:06
Monday is the big day, where I head off to SFAS. From what I have been told, I only have 1 shot at this now, so hopefully I am prepared. Ihave browsed this boards for a little bit now, and must say thanks for the good info you guys have up on here. Hopefully in 26 days from now I will be selected.

Don't quit. That's all you can do now but that's all you ever need to be successful. If you never quit, it doesn't matter what else happens. At least you can look at yourself in the mirror and know you did your best.
Good Luck.

Blueboy
02-11-2006, 23:44
Good luck.

Roycroft201
02-12-2006, 01:14
Good luck, Amato!

18C Dad
02-12-2006, 14:31
Good Luck Amato. You have the support of the QP, other SF candidates and even the parents on this board. I know you will not take the opportunity for granted. Let us know how it turns out.

18 X Dad

3dfxMM
02-12-2006, 17:23
Good luck Amato. Keep us posted.

Kuri
02-12-2006, 19:47
We're rootin' for you.

Stiletto11
02-12-2006, 20:24
Good Luck, Cast or Tab!

Ammodawg
02-13-2006, 00:02
Make us proud! :lifter

Amato
03-09-2006, 17:32
Cast or tab hehe. Well... I got selected but I am in a cast. The course wasn't to bad, some stuff sucked but I enjoyed it. I loved having my house on my back, I loved being with motivated guys and I loved being away from the shit bags in my unit.

Gypsy
03-09-2006, 19:36
Congrats Amato! Well...except for the cast part.

Croooz
03-09-2006, 20:19
Sweet & sour.
Congratulations! Get well!

ZoneOne
03-09-2006, 21:17
Congratulations!

dennisw
03-09-2006, 21:22
Congratulations!

NousDefionsDoc
03-09-2006, 23:08
Congratulations. Get back to work. 501 Verbs in Spanish and for God's sake learn code.

Martin
03-10-2006, 03:54
Congratulations!

Martin

Kuri
03-10-2006, 08:32
Good job man! I'm going next month.

vsvo
03-10-2006, 09:53
Congratulations!

Warrior-Mentor
03-12-2006, 14:13
Cast or tab hehe. Well... I got selected but I am in a cast. The course wasn't to bad, some stuff sucked but I enjoyed it. I loved having my house on my back, I loved being with motivated guys and I loved being away from the shit bags in my unit.

Congrats...suffice it to say you knew basically what to expect?

Amato
03-13-2006, 10:12
Congrats...suffice it to say you knew basically what to expect?
For the most part yes. Im going to give your book to a buddy who is going to be heading to the April class. The footcare section will defenantly help him out alot.

Funny thing is I wish I was back out there now. I loved feeling like a soldier for once. I remember one day during the star and I thought to myself, "Wow...everything I am living off of is on my back!" I almost popped wood from that haha. One thing that is getting to me right now is I go from being around top notch guys who I'd have no problem serving in combat with to being back with guys I wouldn't even trust with a rubber duck.

NousDefionsDoc
03-13-2006, 12:57
Funny thing is I wish I was back out there now.
LOL - HOOKED! Bwaaa!

Croooz
03-13-2006, 13:40
being back with guys I wouldn't even trust with a rubber duck.
I take it you are either active duty or prior service NG...? How long of a wait for you now?

Amato
03-13-2006, 15:20
I take it you are either active duty or prior service NG...? How long of a wait for you now?
I am AD. I just got a real cast on today. I go back in 3 weeks, they'll take it off and take an XRay and see where I am at. The doctor told me it usually takes 6-8 weeks for a bone to heal. From the looks of it, it'll be a little while. It sucks, but it'll give me time to learn a bit of spanish.

Warrior-Mentor
03-13-2006, 16:32
Let me guess...stress fracture?

Croooz
03-13-2006, 17:03
it'll be a little while. It sucks, but it'll give me time to learn a bit of spanish.
Descanse y encuentrate una latina para que practiques. Hay bastante latinas en Carolina del norte.

Warrior-Mentor
03-13-2006, 17:18
?tiene una dictionaria de pelo larga?

Amato
03-13-2006, 17:26
Huh?

Its not a stress fracture but a full blown fracture.

Croooz
03-13-2006, 19:26
Warrior-Mentor,
No entiendo.

Amato,
Heal smartly.

crucialfixation
03-13-2006, 19:44
I'll be going out to Selection this weekend (18MAR06), and hopefully I'll pass out of selection, and not just be comical relief for the rest of the candidates. I've had mixed reviews from my chain of command after signing my volunteer statement from fake concern from NCO's, to encouragement, to an absolutely vitriolic response from my Brigade Sergeant Major, "You dont need to get special forces now, you can special forces anytime, you need to go to the Warrior Leader's course...' Not that I Value his opinion much, because he's been thriced divorced, and he has a faux hawk that looks half-squirrel half-muppet. I had originally planned to go to the Foreign Relations program at Georgetown University, but, I'm reaching my last year in the Army, and I wanted to try something challenging before I try to embark on a career in the CIA w/ in the paramilitary wing. Maybe I'll succeed, maybe I'll fail, but I'll definitely learn something about myself in the process of the SFAS course, and whether I'm fit for this kind of work.

take care,

jorj

The Reaper
03-13-2006, 19:47
I'll be going out to Selection this weekend (18MAR06), and hopefully I'll pass out of selection, and not just be comical relief for the rest of the candidates. I've had mixed reviews from my chain of command after signing my volunteer statement from fake concern from NCO's, to encouragement, to an absolutely vitriolic response from my Brigade Sergeant Major, "You dont need to get special forces now, you can special forces anytime, you need to go to the Warrior Leader's course...' Not that I Value his opinion much, because he's been thriced divorced, and he has a faux hawk that looks half-squirrel half-muppet. I had originally planned to go to the Foreign Relations program at Georgetown University, but, I'm reaching my last year in the Army, and I wanted to try something challenging before I try to embark on a career in the CIA w/ in the paramilitary wing. Maybe I'll succeed, maybe I'll fail, but I'll definitely learn something about myself in the process of the SFAS course, and whether I'm fit for this kind of work.

take care,

jorj

Jorj:

I think that the people you want to work for would not want you discussing it on an internet board.

Why on this earth would you go to SFAS if you have no intention of going to the SFQC?

Finally, you need to fill in your profile a bit and introduce yourself in the proper place before posting again.

TR

Warrior-Mentor
03-14-2006, 11:16
Warrior-Mentor,
No entiendo.

Was a joke.
"Do you have a long haired dictionary?"
Means get a Spanish speaking girl-friend to help you with your language skills.
JM

Croooz
03-14-2006, 11:30
Was a joke.
"Do you have a long haired dictionary?"
Means get a Spanish speaking girl-friend to help you with your language skills.
JM
Oh, then it will be "largo" in this case.

Warrior-Mentor
03-14-2006, 12:16
You might want a largo, but I wasn't asking so please don't tell. :lifter

CoLawman
03-14-2006, 17:27
?tiene una dictionaria de pelo larga?

Crooz,

Idioms can be confusing........;)

Gender attaches to the subject as well as the adjective..........Not that there is anything wrong with Largo dictionarios!!??:D

Croooz
03-14-2006, 18:06
Crooz,

Idioms can be confusing........;)

Gender attaches to the subject as well as the adjective..........Not that there is anything wrong with Largo dictionarios!!??:D
Well....since we're getting all semi-official. The adjective in this case, largo, is describing the pelo which is masculine. Therefore "una dictionaria de pelo largo" would be the way to say it.

Hey, I didn't write the rules, you gentlemen who went to school know them better than I. I speakee spaneesh and am just letting you know from my perspectiva how it should be worded.

Warrior-Mentor,
Most men would like a largo time with a beautiful latina. :cool:

Warrior-Mentor
03-14-2006, 20:23
Although technically correct....I still say:

You can have your "largo"...I'll take a chica flaca. :cool:

M4Guru
03-14-2006, 20:42

take care,

jorj

:rolleyes:

Croooz
03-14-2006, 20:43
Although technically correct....I still say:

You can have your "largo"...I'll take a chica flaca. :cool:
You got it sir. Yo me largo ahora. :D

CoLawman
03-14-2006, 21:08
Well....since we're getting all semi-official. The adjective in this case, largo, is describing the pelo which is masculine. Therefore "una dictionaria de pelo largo" would be the way to say it.

Touche! I stand corrected!:o