PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson's new AR's

rubberneck
02-09-2006, 11:54
I guess Smith and Wesson decided there is more to life than making handguns. Hopefully some of the shot show guys can give us the skinny on these new AR's.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&categoryId=33803&top=Y

Also it looks like Sig is going to start selling "assault rifles" to the general public. From the pictures I saw it will be piston operated.

kgoerz
02-09-2006, 17:36
Too much money for an AR. I didn't see anything on that sight under a thousand. Glad more people are making them but anyone out there can find one cheaper with good quality. I’m sure there is a thread in here about where to buy one. If not we need to start one.

rubberneck
02-09-2006, 18:38
Those are retail prices. I would expect that if you have a good FFL you can probably get them $200 below the listed prices.

Air.177
02-09-2006, 19:17
Having Been in the CIVILIAN firearms industry, I can say that they will sell a ton of these. All of the Backwoods PDs and Sheriff's Offices who have been using Mini-14s for lack of a familiar name in the AR world will say,"Hey, Smith & Wesson, I've carried one of them for 30 years, and my grandpappy before me." Not to mention GP folks who fit the same category of finding a "Familiar Name" in a World of Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS, etc.

It is my understanding that this rifle was built with much input from Troy Industries. Those boys have a rep for doing good work.

It is also my understanding that there are only about a half dozen companies making AR receivers in the US, but if you order enough of them, they'll mark them however you want. Hell, on ARFCOM, I saw one Marked Umbrella Corp UC-15 from the Resident evil series.

Just my .02, Take it for what it cost.

longrange1947
02-14-2006, 09:33
Guys, at the shot show, every swinging dick had a version of the AR. I was looking for some with rear view mirrors. Almost expected to find it!! :D

Cripes the market is flooded and most of them are not worth the effort.

BB493
02-15-2006, 23:02
I was looking for some with rear view mirrors. Almost expected to find it!!

You must have missed that booth in the LE section. They were marketing it as a poor mans corner shot. The rear sight is on a swivel that spins around to reveal a folding mirror. Check it out at mirrorsight.com

longrange1947
02-16-2006, 19:14
You must have missed that booth in the LE section. They were marketing it as a poor mans corner shot. The rear sight is on a swivel that spins around to reveal a folding mirror. Check it out at mirrorsight.com

An I thought I had seen it all. :eek: