View Full Version : ABC Reporters

BMT (RIP)
02-01-2006, 03:57
http://www.upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060131-041958-8164r
:munchin

BMT

QRQ 30
02-01-2006, 07:20
It has been my experience that every KIA and seriously WIA soldier from this area has received very extensive coverage on local TV -- where it counts.

CoLawman
02-01-2006, 08:40
I agree with Terry on this. The soldiers get extensive coverage by their home media. Which is appropriate in my opinion. Extensive national coverage would be to Al Qaeda's benefit.

CRad
02-01-2006, 08:57
Extensive national coverage would be to Al Qaeda's benefit.

And to the detriment of the people in the US. It's bad enough knowing the numbers on how many soldiers have been killed or wounded. We don't need to see how they got that way.

I'm not saying "out of sight, out of mind" because if you have a husband, wife, son, daughter, friend etc in the line of fire they are at the front of thoughts all the time. But, you'll make yourself crazy if you let your thoughts get graphic. And it doesn't matter where they are from Latin America to Iraq to BFE.

brewmonkey
02-01-2006, 09:22
Sadly in my neck of the woods the only time our KIA's get any attention by the media is when that assmuncher Phelps shows up at their funerals. Thankfully though my state passed a law banning him (or anyone else) from protesting within I believe 300' of a funeral, wake and so forth.