PDA

View Full Version : Hamas vs Fatah...

Eagle5US
01-28-2006, 11:56
This is just going from bad to worse...
Gunmen sieze Parliament (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060128/ts_nm/mideast_dc)
The only direction I see any of this going is down. Can there be any real hope for any semblence of peace regarding this fragmented element of the world's society? Breaking it down to it's most basic parts-it comes down to being one big turf war between rival gangs. What a friggin mess:rolleyes:

We will be drug into this-and if our next administration shapes up like the "runners" up from the last election; it generates significant worry in my home.

Eagle

QRQ 30
01-28-2006, 12:28
This may be an omen of things to come as we install "Democracy" in the Middle East.

The interest thing is that most of the rioting is intra-party -- Al Fatah people demanding their loser government resign.

HOLLiS
01-28-2006, 13:01
There was a good article in the Israeli paper (Arutz Sheva?). Electing Hamas is a good thing. The author contended that Hamas and the PLO were no different. The false belief that PLO could be a partner in peace lead to a number of mistakes in dealing with terrorism. The election of the Hamas, is forcing the liberals and leftist to accept reality, the PLO and Hamas are both terrorist organizations. The goals have always been the same, the destruction of Israel. There is a belief, that I agree with, Arafat never wanted peace. This new intifada was not because of Sharon' visit to Temple mound but is a deliberate act to continue acts of terrorism against Israel. Sharon's visit was in September but on the raid to Arafat's HQ, document showed the PLO was planning the intifada way before Sharon's visit.

The Arab League knows that is cannot militarily defeat Israel. Financing terrorism against Israel may offer them something they (Arab League) can not achieve on the battlefield. IMHO, the whole Palestinian issue is just a smoke screen, a ploy to divert the true intentions of the Arab League. The President of Iran has stated it very clearly, the destruction of Israel.

Religiously for the Muslim extremists, Israel is a thorn in their holy book. If Allah is the creator, then why does Israel succeed under such overwhelming odds. To destroy Israel would reinsert Allah as the supreme creator.