PDA

View Full Version : ESS Advancer Goggle Review

The Reaper
01-27-2006, 18:09
I recently picked up a set of the new Advancer V12 goggles from ESS.

They are of a design with lenses which click open and closed for ventilation, much like the vent windows on your car.

The goggles have built in "outriggers" which position the sides of the goggles for optimum comfort and sealing whether they are worn over a helmet of directly on the head.

The 2.8 mm ANSI certified protective lenses are also designed for quick change ballistic protection. There is a two lens Smoke and Clear package, as well as a slightly larger three lens kit which also adds a set of the high-vis Yellow lenses.

An adaptor allows a set of prescription inserts to be quickly snapped in and out for those of us old soldiers whose eyes need the help.

The goggles have a "Speed Sleeve" (a protective, anti-reflective soft microfiber cover) and the spare lenses come in hard cases, which all fit into a soft bag with compartments for the various components.

There are also vents at the top and bottom of the eyepieces which have a fabric over them to act as a filter. I am not in a desert environment, but thus far, they seem pretty effective at blocking out particulate matter.

The "cups" behind the goggles which contact the face are made of a soft neoprene like material which seals well and is fairly comfortable to wear.

In testing so far, they have proven to be low-profile, comfortable, and much less prone to fogging while riding my scooter, shooting, or geared up with the MICH for tactical wear. I trust the ballistic protection and have no desire to ruin a set of lenses with a pellet rifle or shotgun blast.

FWIW, I like them better than anything else I have tried to date.

http://www.essgoggles.com/Advancer-V-12_99_detail.html

TR

NousDefionsDoc
01-27-2006, 18:57
Excellent review Boss. Thanks for sharing.

18C4V
01-28-2006, 00:19
Sir,
Thanks for the link....I love it when the links have the NSN.....I know what I'm buying for our next JCET.