PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl LX

Weazle23
01-26-2006, 21:35
What will the score be?

I'm going with a Seahawks win 24-21.

REMFlt
01-26-2006, 21:46
Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction for a game 20 years from now!
But seriously, Steelers are taking it by at least a touchdown.

Weazle23
01-27-2006, 19:18
Wow, thats a pretty bold prediction for a game 20 years from now!
But seriously, Steelers are taking it by at least a touchdown.

ARGH! LOL
Just wait, Super Bowl LX will be a repeat of Super Bowl XL!

Radar Rider
01-28-2006, 14:50
Seahawks, 34 - 21.

Of course, I picked Denver over Pittsburgh, too, so it's really just a guess.

mffjm8509
01-28-2006, 19:26
I'm still in mourning after the Bears loss.........would've been nice after 20 years

If the Steelers play like they have the past couple of weeks I think they'll pull it out

mp

gits
01-29-2006, 15:38
Seattle 35-24.

AMP
01-30-2006, 12:03
I'm with you on that mffjm8509. I have endured the pain since the days of Jim Dooley, Abe Gibron, Jack Pardee, Neil Armstrong. Then came along Da Coach Mike Ditka who gave us something to cheer about, although short lived. Oh well, maybe next year

Warrior-Mentor
01-30-2006, 20:53
Routing hard for Seahawks...wife's in Seattle...gotta go with her home team.
JM

Roguish Lawyer
01-31-2006, 12:18
I'm just not very interested in this match-up. But I'd like Pittsburgh to win. I've liked that team since I was a kid, and I like Bill Cowher a lot.

The Reaper
01-31-2006, 20:14
I'm just not very interested in this match-up. But I'd like Pittsburgh to win. I've liked that team since I was a kid, and I like Bill Cowher a lot.

Funny.

Cowher was a college acquaintance and the roommate of a friend of mine.

I would have never thought that he had the mentality to coach successfully. I am glad that he has proven me wrong.

TR

shootandloot
02-02-2006, 06:58
Steelers 27-24. I've been predicting a Steelers win for the past year, not because I have faith in my favorite team, but rather because I know that the one year I happen to be in Iraq would be the year they finally bring the trophy back to the 'Burgh.

QRQ 30
02-05-2006, 17:13
The first thing they had to do was render our National Anthem FUBAR. It should be a crime.:eek: :mad:

Sdiver
02-05-2006, 17:31
I'm just watching for the commercials. :munchin

There's not even going to be a "wardrobe malfunction" this year.

And know that they've TOTALY screwed up the National Anthem, the commercials are going to be the only good thing TOO watch.

Huey14
02-05-2006, 18:10
We just get the ESPN ads here. I want to see what a 2.3m ad looks like :(

Go Seahawks! (I knew a girl from Pittsburgh and she was a bitch).

Gypsy
02-05-2006, 18:50
The first thing they had to do was render our National Anthem FUBAR. It should be a crime.:eek: :mad:

I dig Aretha Franklin, but damn it I'm a purist when it comes to our National Anthem and hate that crap they did.

I'm not happy with the lack of a tribute to our Troops. Maybe at half time....

Sdiver
02-05-2006, 19:13
We just get the ESPN ads here. I want to see what a 2.3m ad looks like :(

Trust me Mate, you're not missing much.

Kinda lame so far. But it is better than that one year when it was ALL dot com commercials.

The Reaper
02-05-2006, 19:13

Have to agree with you there.

I rarely like much deviation from the norm for that song, and while Aaron Neville is okay with his own music, IMHO, he butchers most other song types he covers.

Aretha was not bad.

TR

Gypsy
02-05-2006, 19:49

Kinda lame so far. But it is better than that one year when it was ALL dot com commercials.

I thought it was just me, they do seem rather lackluster this year. The Ameriquest commercial (lady on the plane trying to get to the bathroom) was pretty funny though...

Peregrino
02-05-2006, 22:20
Let's see - FUBAR'ed the National Anthem, NOTHING for the troops, lackluster adds, Mick should have quit performing 20 years ago, and mediocre football. Did I miss anything? Oh - Weazle23 might have picked the winner except Seattle had some (really) bad luck at three crucial points. :munchin Peregrino

Huey14
02-05-2006, 22:31

Better than seeing the same ad for Euro soccer every ad break.

QRQ 30
02-06-2006, 08:32
Let's see - FUBAR'ed the National Anthem, NOTHING for the troops, lackluster adds, Mick should have quit performing 20 years ago, and mediocre football. Did I miss anything? Oh - Weazle23 might have picked the winner except Seattle had some (really) bad luck at three crucial points. :munchin Peregrino

I thought the game was well played other than the Osprey coach apparently losing it at the end of the half and game.

Did you miss something? I think I did. This is the first major sports event I have seen on TV that didn't at least mention our Armed Forces. Was this an omission or an intentional snub? I don't expect the media to fondle the Armed Forces but to at least mention that they are watching and the game is beamed overseas. Or was it?

I don't think it was the NFL players who usually travel abroad to visit the troops are responsible. Isn't Detroit a center of moslem immigrants?:mad:

The Reaper
02-06-2006, 08:48
They mentioned the troops early during the opening ceremonies and that the game was being broadcast overseas to soldiers.

TR

QRQ 30
02-06-2006, 09:24
They mentioned the troops early during the opening ceremonies and that the game was being broadcast overseas to soldiers.

TR

Thanks, I missed it. I was planning on sending over a few rounds via E-Mail.:lifter .

BTW the two best renditions of the National Anthem I heard last year were at NASCAR Races and sung by female Officers - one was a USMC Field Grade and the other was a USAF Captain. -- I think!!

18C Dad
02-06-2006, 11:39
It's a sad day in the Emerald City the day after the Super Bowl, but at least the sun is out. Had a great view of the snow capped Olympic Mountains as I drove into work this morning.

If one just looked at the statistics from the game it would seem that the Seahawks should have won. However, they didn't complete their mission.

Anyway, congrats again to the Steeler fans - your team played better than the Seahawks and deserved the victory.

18 X Dad

Airbornelawyer
02-06-2006, 12:44
Isn't Detroit a center of moslem immigrants?:mad:The centers for Muslim immigration in the United States are pretty much the centers for most immigration: New York/New Jersey, Southern California, Florida and the Washington, DC area.

Michigan has the largest Arab population in the United States - about 10% of all Arab-Americans and about 1.2% of Michigan's population. But keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of Arab-Americans, about 77%, are Christian.

Airbornelawyer
02-06-2006, 12:47
And back on topic - I think it is more the case that the Steelers played "less worse" - they don't really deserve the term "better". One lucky break on a running play and one trick play (an impressive one, granted) in the midst of a lot of mediocre play.

jatx
02-06-2006, 13:11
Well, this Super Bowl just underlined for me why I prefer college football. The NFL just seems to be over-hyped, and I can't relate to all the thugs and divas.

Weazle23
02-06-2006, 15:06
That game was hard to watch. I thought the Offensive Pass Interference call that took away a Seahawks TD was a horrible call. I don't think the receiver gained any advantage at all and it wasn't much of a shove off either.

Ben's touchdown was upheld upon further review...ok, the tip of the ball might have grazed the edge of the end zone and that's all it needs, but I don't see how the ref could have seen that in real time. If he would have called it down with inches to go, I'm not sure if the replay would have overturned the call on the ground.

2 missed field goals, one wide right the other wide left, didn't help either.

All that being said, the Steelers made the big plays. My old coach always said that there's usually 4 or 5 huge plays that make or break the game and whoever can control those plays will win. The longest rush ever in a Super Bowl and that flea flicker play made the difference. I will admit, in the flea flicker play that receiver threw a great pass on the run to Hines Ward.

rant over

Huey14
02-06-2006, 15:34
Well, this Super Bowl just underlined for me why I prefer college football. The NFL just seems to be over-hyped, and I can't relate to all the thugs and divas.

I couldn't help thinking at one stage some of the players could be better if it wern't so obvious they spent most of their training time on their dancing.

QRQ 30
02-06-2006, 15:55
That game was hard to watch. I thought the Offensive Pass Interference call that took away a Seahawks TD was a horrible call. I don't think the receiver gained any advantage at all and it wasn't much of a shove off either.

That is the real shame. It was a good call, contact was made. The stupid part was that the receiver had no reason to push off since Hasselbach has a knack of throwing away from the coverage. Blame that one on the receiver. To look at the other side of the coin, a brush of the hand certainly didn't cause Hasselbach to go down or fumble the ball. "Down by contact" was another literal but questionable call. Score EVEN!!

Ben's touchdown was upheld upon further review...ok, the tip of the ball might have grazed the edge of the end zone and that's all it needs, but I don't see how the ref could have seen that in real time. If he would have called it down with inches to go, I'm not sure if the replay would have overturned the call on the ground.

The ref probably couldn't tell in real time and the call would have been challenged by either side depending upon the call. As they are prone to do the replay was played dozens of times and there was never any doubt in my mind that the ball crossed over the line. The end zone begins at the field edge of the line. The ball went over the line then the QB pulled it back to protect the ball and himself when he contacted the ground. Good call!!

All that being said, the Steelers made the big plays. My old coach always said that there's usually 4 or 5 huge plays that make or break the game and whoever can control those plays will win. The longest rush ever in a Super Bowl and that flea flicker play made the difference. I will admit, in the flea flicker play that receiver threw a great pass on the run to Hines Ward.

rant over

Here I agree. If there were no luck, calls or other human imperfections or surprises they could save money and time and computerize the game. I would like to see most challenges done away with. I would only allow a review in the event the ref isn't sure. It really isn't realistic for us to see the play from several angles, several times and in slo and stop motion. The officials don't have these luxories.

Warrior-Mentor
02-06-2006, 20:15
Disappointed...what else can I say. Seattle had a great 1st half, but the scoreboard didn't reflect (thanks to a questionable call or two).