PDA

View Full Version : Gall's ??

blackkn
01-25-2006, 13:21
Has anyone used any products from Gall's Inc.?They carry police fire ems gear including Isralei bandages

Eagle5US
01-25-2006, 17:41
OK...I read it...:confused:

Eagle

The Reaper
01-25-2006, 17:48
Has anyone used any products from Gall's Inc.?They carry police fire ems gear including Isralei bandages

What is the real question?

IIRC, they do tend to sell a lot of knockoffs.

TR

bosljeff
01-25-2006, 17:53
I have "used" Galls for some Firefighting and EMS stuff, but I didn't use their brand. They, like many others, sell the name brand known stuff and also sell their versions of similar things for lower prices-you pay for what you get. Their service is pretty good. I live in a small city so sites/mags like that are the only source of such products, but my comfot came by purchasing reputable products through them, not particularly their brands...so yeah, fwiw

Huey14
01-25-2006, 18:55
I have a pair of the Galls brand leather gloves...overpriced I do say. Stitching isn't very good. I only wear them very rarely now.

CoLawman
01-26-2006, 01:01
Have used them quite often for LE gear. No problems.

blackkn
01-26-2006, 07:06
I have been thinking of making my own aid bag for this summer and I was just wondering if anyone has used the products they have.The have a website that I was told you can find numerous other products as well.I am also thinking of going to Walmart and just buying a bunch of things and would like to know the professionals thoughts.

Thank you.

Eagle just wondering if you or any other medical personnel have seen/used this company before.

Eagle5US
01-26-2006, 08:12
I have been thinking of making my own aid bag for this summer and I was just wondering if anyone has used the products they have.The have a website that I was told you can find numerous other products as well.I am also thinking of going to Walmart and just buying a bunch of things and would like to know the professionals thoughts.

Thank you.

Eagle just wondering if you or any other medical personnel have seen/used this company before.
If you do a little research (reading) you will find topics like "aid bag selection" have been discussed with significant input from some of the members here. Gall's was around when I first started running rescue in 1979 / 1980-they are affordable and gnerally not geared toward a military market. Similarly, their equipment is not designed to stand up to the demands of a military missino or environment.

As far as going to Wal-Mart...keep in mind that you get what you pay for. When conditions are their most severe is when you need your kit the most. That is when you want to be certain that the nickles you saved don't cost you a fortune in failure.

Eagle

The Reaper
01-26-2006, 11:51
If you are thinking of driving around with a bag of goodies looking for people to treat, you might want to lawyer up and get some legal counsel first.

Good Samaritan laws only cover so much care.

TR

VelociMorte
01-26-2006, 14:51
If you are thinking of driving around with a bag of goodies looking for people to treat, you might want to lawyer up and get some legal counsel first.

Good Samaritan laws only cover so much care.

TR

You mean driving around looking for people to treat isn't a viable hobby?:confused:

Many years ago, I was out driving around late at night, and was passed by a car travelling in excess of 100 mph, swerving from ditch to ditch. Awhile later, I came to a tee-intersection, and happened to see a glint of tail-light way off in the woods, and noticed that there was a lot of dust and smoke in the air. I did some quick math (2+2=4), parked, grabbed my flashlight, and went to investigate. Following the car's trajectory, I found trees that were broken off 6-10 feet above the ground, and a trail of car parts. At the car, I found two females who were about as f*ucked up as you can be and still be alive. They had, in a drunken stupor and at high speed, blown through the intersection, driven their car across a the ditch, impacted an embankment, gone over a fence, and into the trees in the middle of nowhere. Both women were unconscious, and the driver had open fractures of her upper extremities, head and facial lacerations, leg fractures, and was not breathing. The passenger was packed under the dash, her skull was degloved, she was bleeding out from her head, and she had multiple fractures.

To make a long story short, when the paramedics arrived about 45 minutes later, both victims were still alive, semi-conscious, and stable. The EMS guys were very impressed with my work, and told me so. They were a bit taken aback by the clamps sticking out of the passengers head, but when I showed them the size of the bleeders I had clamped off, and the inch of blood on the car floor, they got it.

Unfortunately, the Highway Patrol arrived at the same time as EMS. I'm kneeling, covered in blood. The cop takes one look at me, the two women layed out, piles of bloody bandages and wrappers, and the clamps sticking out of this woman's head bandages, and the first words out of his mouth are "Are you a Doctor?". I replied "I was for the last 45 minutes". The cop starts going off on me about practicing without a licence and gets genuinely pissed because, in his opinion, I've gone well beyond simply providing first aid. Things went badly for me from there.

Anyway, in the end, the only reason things worked out was because of the statements of the EMS personnel and the ER docs. They were willing to testify that had it not been for my actions, neither woman would have survived. It was made very clear to me that had one or both died, I probably would have gone to jail.

Eagle5US
01-26-2006, 15:52
At the car, I found two females who were about as f*ucked up as you can be and still be alive....
Both women were unconscious,
driver
- open fractures of her upper extremities
- head and facial lacerations
- leg fractures
- and was not breathing.
passenger
- was packed under the dash
- her skull was degloved
- she was bleeding out from her head
- and she had multiple fractures.

when the paramedics arrived about 45 minutes later, both victims were still alive, semi-conscious, and stable.
The EMS guys were very impressed with my work, and told me so. They were a bit taken aback by the[/b] clamps sticking out of the passengers head,[/b] but when I showed them the size of the bleeders I had clamped off, and the inch of blood on the car floor, they got it.

Sorry dude...I don't often call bullshit on someone-but I am calling it here. This even goes beyond the bounds of "a bit of embellishment."

Don't know you, don't really want the whole retort thing of "well you weren't there-you don't know- etc..." If you believe it happened as you say-good for you. Please don't pass it off to the rest of us on this board in the medical forum.
The amount of supplies and "superhuman effort" required for you to stabilize these two patients for 45 minutes would rival what we have available in our trauma bay, let alone the trunk of your car. Clamp off scalp bleeders (not to mention having clamps but not suture)?? In the dark on the side of the road on someone pinned under the dashboard who has a "degloved skull" while your other level one patient in is respiratory arrest with quad extremity Fxs??? You can't be serious.

Forgive my skepticism-I've only been doing this whole Civilian EMS / Military Medicine thing since '79 so my experience is definitely limited. But I call bullshit.:munchin

Eagle

zeroalpha
01-26-2006, 18:02
Im with Eagle on this one.

Im not a paramedic, but do have substantial Med training including serving in a few hospital A + E depts during my courses...

Nahh... Youre basically claiming some fairly serious and complex ops there dude... In a car, at night, with 2 patients, one "not breathing" and the other one under the dash just to make it even more complicated...

I call BS also.

Sacamuelas
01-26-2006, 19:03
EASY...EASY... he may have stayed at a holiday inn express the night before. :D LOL

blackkn
01-26-2006, 22:04
Gentleman,

I didnt mean to start a bs slinging forum just was wanting to know if anyone has used this company before.I am planning on enlisting for medic and was thinking of setting up an aid bag to have at house for outdoor activities foe the family.And would like to have little extra for any thing that may run in to.

Spent last few yrs. as a vol. firefighter that also helped in this thought.

VelociMorte
01-27-2006, 08:14
admin edit content-Eagle

I've seen and done a lot of stuff that people who don't know me find hard to believe. I'm OK with that. I know who I am.

Eagle5US
01-27-2006, 08:50
Original question answered:
Too many others raised-

Thread closed.