PDA

View Full Version : Radical lefty professors outed at UCLA

brewmonkey
01-20-2006, 06:46
http://www.uclaprofs.com/

This is a program being run by the Bruins Alumni association which is paying students to monitor and record radical professors so they can be "outed" and listed on their site for their leftist views.

Goggles Pizano
01-20-2006, 10:38
It's wonderful to see a program like that in place (exposure seems to be the worst that can happen to these "elitists"). The sad part is that it needs to be in place at all. I hope I can find a nice conservative college for my kids when they grow older.

jon448
01-20-2006, 10:54
It's wonderful to see a program like that in place (exposure seems to be the worst that can happen to these "elitists"). The sad part is that it needs to be in place at all. I hope I can find a nice conservative college for my kids when they grow older.

It'll probably have to be a military academy since that's the only college out of the 4 I've been to that was conservative. Part of the problem could be all the schools I've been to have been in the Northeast, so I really can't comment on schools in other parts of the country.

rubberneck
01-20-2006, 11:02
I hope I can find a nice conservative college for my kids when they grow older.

Outside of the military academies and the likes of Citadel, VMI etc the school that impresses me the most (from a conservative standpoint) is Texas A&M. My sister went to grad school there and I would have no worries about my kids being Aggies.

I just wish they had this rewards program when I attended the University of Wisconsin. Other than Cal Berkley I can't think of a school with a more reactionary left wing bias. I must say that while it was annoying to be a very conservative student at a very liberal school it was fun to bait them and then sit back and watch them stutter and foam at the mouths.

CPTAUSRET
01-20-2006, 11:06
Outside of the military academies and the likes of Citadel, VMI etc the school that impresses me the most (from a conservative standpoint) is Texas A&M. My sister went to grad school there and I would have no worries about my kids being Aggies.

I just wish they had this rewards program when I attended the University of Wisconsin. Other than Cal Berkley I can't think of a school with a more reactionary left wing bias. I must say that while it was annoying to be a very conservative student at a very liberal school it was fun to bait them and then sit back and watch them stutter and foam at the mouths.

Our youngest got her Ph.D. from Wisconsin, her BS from UCSD, a bit of culture shock after living in Iowa City, Iowa.

Chris
01-20-2006, 11:26
Awesome! Us students need to be given the heads up about this. Another good site I check future/current profs out on is RateMyProfessor.com

rubberneck
01-20-2006, 11:39
Our youngest got her Ph.D. from Wisconsin, her BS from UCSD, a bit of culture shock after living in Iowa City, Iowa.

At least she was able to ease her way into it. Growing up near the University of Iowa was probably a good way to be exposed to liberals without having to deal with the off the wall reactionary types. Then her sojurn at UCSD introduced her to the wacky off the wall California liberals then finally her days in Madison introudced her to the most vile strain of liberalism. Me I was raised by conservative parents in a fairly conservative community before heading off to Madison. Talk about culture shock.:D

brewmonkey
01-20-2006, 13:26
Univeristy of Wisconsin at Madison is one of the most liberal schools in the country.

CPTAUSRET
01-20-2006, 13:55
Univeristy of Wisconsin at Madison is one of the most liberal schools in the country.

Yup!

Terry

rubberneck
01-20-2006, 14:50

Ya think? One thing I came to realize is out of 38,000 students it is the 2,000 wing nuts that get most of the attention. Most of the other students are mildly liberal to apolitical.

JMcD76
01-21-2006, 08:33
Here is a list of the top ten conservative colleges. Patrick Henry is a new one, but it looks like it has a pretty good corriculum.

http://www.yaf.org/2004-2005_top10.asp

The Dave
01-21-2006, 12:17
Here is a list of the top ten conservative colleges. Patrick Henry is a new one, but it looks like it has a pretty good corriculum.

Maybe I'm blind...but...where is this top ten list?

CoLawman
01-21-2006, 12:50
Maybe I'm blind...but...where is this top ten list?

Jeez.....you are tough to please! At least he listed 10%.:D

longrange1947
01-21-2006, 14:37
One of the reasons that Texas A&M is so conservative is that it was one of the several military schools in the US as are The Citadel (EL Cid), VMI, and Norwich. Anyone know what A&M stands for, can't remember, believe the A stands for Agriculture though.

rubberneck
01-21-2006, 15:17
One of the reasons that Texas A&M is so conservative is that it was one of the several military schools in the US as are The Citadel (EL Cid), VMI, and Norwich. Anyone know what A&M stands for, can't remember, believe the A stands for Agriculture though.

From the TAMU website:

Texas A&M, the state’s first public institution of higher education, was opened on Oct. 4, 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The school owes its origin to the Morrill Act of 1862, which established the nation’s land-grant college system.