PDA

View Full Version : Is this a coincidence...or is it something more ??

Sdiver
03-14-2004, 20:42
We (America) have 9/11

Spain, now has 3/11

911 days seperate the two attacks.

311 days from 3/11 is January 17, 2005.

One day from the 3rd Tues. in January.

Any thoughts ???

longrange1947
03-14-2004, 20:51
All dates and activities can produce an array of coincidental oddities. I find them interesting but nothing more. That sounds like the Kennedy - Lincoln string.

Sdiver
03-14-2004, 20:59
Originally posted by longrange1947
All dates and activities can produce an array of coincidental oddities. I find them interesting but nothing more. That sounds like the Kennedy - Lincoln string.

I agree 100% about the Lincoln/Kennedy string.

But AQ does have a way of their "styleish" (for lack of a better word) types of attacks.

But the fact that the 311th day falls one day before the Presidental Swearing in, falls within their style.

Jimbo
03-14-2004, 21:14
Seriously. They don't think about that stuff. They carry out operations when they have the greatest chance of success.

Sdiver
03-14-2004, 21:50
Originally posted by Jimbo
Seriously. They don't think about that stuff. They carry out operations when they have the greatest chance of success.

This is true.

But....

Wouldn't it fall on them to now, more than ever, make use of this type of a coincidence...saying it's "Allah's will" and such. Seeing that W. will prby be sworn in for a 2nd trem ?

If Operation "Mountain Storm" doesn't come up with OBL and other high ranking AQ, this would be too good for them to pass up.

OBL has stated that he wants to become a martyr in the "Eagle's Belly". What a better place to do so, than in D.C. with a "device" straped to his back.

Jimbo
03-15-2004, 04:02
Originally posted by Sdiver
Wouldn't it fall on them to now, more than ever, make use of this type of a coincidence...saying it's "Allah's will" and such.

They also use a different calander.

brownapple
03-15-2004, 05:04
And Jimbo chimes in with a bit of common sense... ;)

The Reaper
03-15-2004, 08:50
I am with Jimbo on this one. Coincidence, just like we would be honoring the dead of 9/12 if there had been a weather problem. Let's not give these idiots supernatural capailities, it plays right into their hands.

Originally posted by Sdiver
OBL has stated that he wants to become a martyr in the "Eagle's Belly". What a better place to do so, than in D.C. with a "device" straped to his back.

How about becoming a martyr while sitting in a small chamber in the U.S. Penitentiary, Terra Haute, Indiana, with a needle in his arm after a few months of being fed three squares per day laced with bacon fat and lard? Is that a good enough way?

Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.

TR

CommoGeek
03-15-2004, 09:09
Originally posted by The Reaper
Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.

If there was ever a time to outsource a job, this is it. Send it "offshore" and tell me where to send my $49.95.

echoes
03-15-2004, 12:16

TR

Sir, I am right with this idea! I have the first candidate in mind...Saddam Himself! Grrrrrrrrr!:mad:

Holly

Para
03-15-2004, 12:32
Well, if you want to follow it up with oddities.....

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.htm

Airbornelawyer
03-15-2004, 12:55
They also use a different calander.

The days are the same length, though, so it was 911 (or 910 or 912, depending on where you start or finish) days after 9/11 on the Islamic calendar as well.

September 11, 2001 A.D. was 23 Juma'ada ath-thaani 1422 A.H., or 6/23/1422. March 11, 2004 was 19 Muharram 1425 A.H., or 1/19/1425. I suppose if you wanted to play numerology, you could note that 1/19 is 9/11 backwards. 6/23 backwards is 3/26, so either watch out on March 26 or on May 16 (3/26/1425 on the Islamic calendar). August 10, BTW, will be the 3-year anniversary of 9-11 on the Islamic calendar, so watch out then.

Either that, or we go out and kill all the terrorists before any more pseudo-anniversaries.

echoes
03-15-2004, 13:03
Originally posted by Airbornelawyer
Either that, or we go out and kill all the terrorists before any more pseudo-anniversaries.

GREAT IDEA!!! Bring 'em here to the Midwest...we "know" how to take care of business!

Holly

Smokin Joe
03-15-2004, 13:20
Posted by The Reaper Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised. I understand that this is currently prohibited by U.S. law.

Although I completely agree with this method of execution.

I think the best course of action would be a successful field execution caught on a digital camera by one of our troops. No muss, no fuss. Quick simple, no bullshit trial, no housing, feeding, or having to transport him, with the possiblity of having him escape.

*Edit to add* Then televise it world wide after the fact.

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2004, 14:12
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Although I completely agree with this method of execution.

I think the best course of action would be a successful field execution caught on a digital camera by one of our troops. No muss, no fuss. Quick simple, no bullshit trial, no housing, feeding, or having to transport him, with the possiblity of having him escape.

*Edit to add* Then televise it world wide after the fact.

Didn't work so well with Che. It made him a martyr.

The Reaper
03-15-2004, 14:59
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

Other than t-shirt and poster sales in college bookstores and head shops, what martyr effect did his death have?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2004, 15:56
Down here, not up there. Oh, he has had a major effect on recruiting, etc. I think not so much now, but up until they started getting involved heavily in the drugs. His memory practically built the ELN. Until Che went down, they weren't really doing much.

Roguish Lawyer
03-15-2004, 16:04
Note: I would personally prefer a different method of execution and disposal of the remains, like a globally televised electrocution, followed by disposal by tossing the cooked remains into the hog pen, also globally televised.

I knew I liked you for a reason!

longrange1947
03-15-2004, 17:11
The last thing we need is OBL in jail where all the idiots can take hostages the world over demanding his relesase. If he is taken alive figure a massive upswing in attacks and hostage taking for the leverage.

I believe that the man needs to die in the field and he needs to have his body displayed for two weeks and then publically buried with pig entrails after his body was wrapped in a pig blood soaked shroud.

Just my two cents.

Jimbo
03-15-2004, 17:29
The days are the same length, though, so it was 911 (or 910 or 912, depending on where you start or finish) days after 9/11 on the Islamic calendar as well.

September 11, 2001 A.D. was 23 Juma'ada ath-thaani 1422 A.H., or 6/23/1422. March 11, 2004 was 19 Muharram 1425 A.H., or 1/19/1425. I suppose if you wanted to play numerology, you could note that 1/19 is 9/11 backwards. 6/23 backwards is 3/26, so either watch out on March 26 or on May 16 (3/26/1425 on the Islamic calendar). August 10, BTW, will be the 3-year anniversary of 9-11 on the Islamic calendar, so watch out then.

Don't they not have leap year?

Camilo
03-15-2004, 17:48
Down here, not up there. Oh, he has had a major effect on recruiting, etc. I think not so much now, but up until they started getting involved heavily in the drugs. His memory practically built the ELN. Until Che went down, they weren't really doing much.

Additionally, Che, due to his martydom, was the inspiration for subcomandante Marcos, leader of the Chiapas insurgency by the EZLN.

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2004, 17:50
Don't they not have leap year?

You don't think the leadership is sophisticated enough to plan the attack on the date? And they aren't sophisticated enough to know to make it significant to the intended audience?

IMO, the thing about terrorism is its intended to illicit a psychological response - an emotion. Therefore, dates and such become much more important, as they add impact, making the emotion stronger. I don't think they would do it because the number of days is significant to them, but rather to the audience.

And I don't think its supernatural capabilitites - just good management and advertising. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to say "Well, everybody's ranting about 9/11, so in 911 days, lets do something else."

If it was a coincidence, it was a good one for them.

I'm not sharpshooting you.

Solid
03-15-2004, 17:51
It seems to me that London will be the next target of AQ's terror. Do you guys agree?

Solid

brownapple
03-15-2004, 18:13

Being 911 days after 6/23 doesn't mean much, does it?

And as far as I know, Americans are the only ones with the habit of putting the month first when using dates converted to a numerical system. Most of the rest of the world uses the more sensible system of going from the smallest time span to the largest, so 11 September, 2001 would be 11/9/01.

Jimbo
03-15-2004, 18:43
You don't think the leadership is sophisticated enough to plan the attack on the date? And they aren't sophisticated enough to know to make it significant to the intended audience?

IMO, the thing about terrorism is its intended to illicit a psychological response - an emotion. Therefore, dates and such become much more important, as they add impact, making the emotion stronger. I don't think they would do it because the number of days is significant to them, but rather to the audience.

And I don't think its supernatural capabilitites - just good management and advertising. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to say "Well, everybody's ranting about 9/11, so in 911 days, lets do something else."

If it was a coincidence, it was a good one for them.

I'm not sharpshooting you.

While I agree with what you are saying, I think that contemporary terrorism is less dependent on dates. The act itself becomes the date. Before media was as focused as it is on terrorist violence, they had to combine actions with a date. So reporters would say, "on this 3rd anniversary of the defeat of People's Front's campaign to topple the government, 15 people died as ..." Now, with mass-casualty terrorism, the event becomes the reason to remember the date. " Today is the 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, 5 year anniversary of Sept.. 11th, the Madrid Bombings, Omagh bombings, the Ashura massacre." I think if they could, terrorists would attack every day. Fill up the calendar with reminders of their ability to strike anywhere anytime.

I can really tell you that they don't think about date crap. Really.

NousDefionsDoc
03-15-2004, 19:30
I can really tell you that they don't think about date crap. Really.

Yeah, but since you can't say how or prove it...

I WIN! I WIN!

Again!:lifter

Jimbo
03-15-2004, 19:38
Nuts.

Smokin Joe
03-15-2004, 21:42

Unfortunately everyone needs an idol or someone to look up to. It doesn’t matter if its OBL, Che, Mao, everyone has a cause and they all need someone to rally behind. If it wasn’t OBL it would be Jackin Some Camel, or Abdula whatever the hell. He is just a person, granted a lot of terrorists look up to him and his cause, just like a lot of people looked up to Che, Mao, but weather OBL becomes a martyr or not remains to be seen. No one will know until he is dead

Hey that could be the next poll

Will OBL be a Martyr or a forgot pain in the ass?

Sdiver
03-16-2004, 00:41
Pretty much what I expected with my first post, that it being just a coincedence. But none-the-less...I was just thinking outside the box. Seeing that OBL is/was an engineer and delt with numbers. What a way to get into an opponents head though.

I agree with what everyone has said about how this goat sniffing yahoo should departe this world.

I do hope that the boys in A-stan are soaking their 5.56's in Pig blood and their 7.62's in bacon drippings....."Hell sern't...it makes the rounds come out the rifle faster."

Razor
03-16-2004, 13:19
I have recently taken a liking to the retribution techniques used by the British to avenge the massacre at Cawnpore in 1857. Tie the condemned in front of a muzzle of a field piece, with their torso in the line of fire, then touch the cannon off. You can stuff their mouths with pork to add insult to injury, if you prefer.