PDA

View Full Version : Thrown out of the DOG PARK!?!

Eagle5US
01-15-2006, 21:59
RANT ON!!!

We couldn't believe it...

1st and last time we go to an "off leash" dog park. Our dogs are well trained, follow both voice and hand commands immediately-regardless of what they are doing at the time. I guess it is too much to ask to expect OTHER dog owners to be as responsible in an open "off leash" area.
We have learned our lesson-our dogs are too important to trust in the responsibility of others.

We went to this park with our Boston Terrier and Boxer-both are 7 and change. We had been there about 30 mins without incident. A larger dog (some variation of a collie) began chasing our Boston who came to me immediately on command. She slowed before getting to me and the collie mix snarled and bit at my little dog. I snatched up my Boston and the other dogs owner ran over yelling "no" at his dog.
While I am HOLDING my dog-his dog jumped up and snapped at my Boston's leg...at which time I slapped it back down to the ground and told the guy to come control his dog.

Well...that was when it all fell apart-
"You hit my dog! You don't hit someone else's dog! Haven't you ever been to a dog park before? You don't hit someone else's dog!"

I was beside myself-"Look here clown-control your dog or put it on a leash. You can see your dog trying to bite mine":mad:

He actually looked at me and called me a fucking idiot and telling me that it's no big deal.

I was FURIOUS-I called our boxer (who immediately came) my wife took the little dog and I walked up onto this jackass telling him that neither my dog, nor anyone else's dog should have to be put up with being chewed on and that if he couldn't control his animal it shouldn't be taken off leash.

Here is where things went from bad to worse...as a group gathered around to form the prorverbial "ring around the noise" before someone gets their ass kicked...

More than one other dog owner then spoke up...
-My dog is sensitive to violent people-you should leave
-We don't want any trouble here-if your dog can't handle being bit, you should leave
-His dog is a regular here-your's isn't...you need to go
:confused: :confused:

WTF?!?

My dogs are wonderfully trained and obedient, THEY didn't bite the other dogs. We were the ones being told to leave:confused:
We leashed our dogs and left. Our true consolation was that our dog was not injured. I must admit-I was bent.
Never again...

RANT OFF

Eagle

Sdiver
01-15-2006, 22:10
When I lived in Seattle, one of my ex-girlfriends and I went through pretty much the same thing.

Some people just don't know how to handle their dogs off leash, and when their "little precious" gets out of hand....it's not THEIR fault, it's always the other persons and their dogs fault.

Eagle, just do what we did.....find another off leash park.....

....either that or when you dogs "do their business" and you pick it up, just place it on the owners car, minus the bag of course....if you ever go back to that same park and see them again. :D

JMI
01-15-2006, 22:22
If it is any consolation I would have yanked my dog back away from yours and apologized profusely for my dogs action.

You have a right to be upset.

Roguish Lawyer
01-15-2006, 22:31
So I guess they wouldn't have liked it if you shot the other dog, eh? :eek:

Eagle5US
01-15-2006, 22:48
So I guess they wouldn't have liked it if you shot the other dog, eh? :eek:
Funny you should mention that...
Kimberly had her Law Enforcement weight Spyderco and I had my Benchmade just in case there was a dog "locked on" to ours that needed to be released.
The park has the "No concealed firearms" statute posted:rolleyes:

Eagle

Gypsy
01-15-2006, 22:50
These people are possibly the same types that would think it's ok for their kids to bite/act out etc. We have a few off leash parks here, I've gone with friends and I've never witnessed anyone not controlling their dogs if they got out of hand or aggressive. Hopefully you can find another park with more responsible owners.

Huey14
01-15-2006, 23:10
You were more restrained than I would have been- I would have given the Collie a size 10 to the head.

Air.177
01-15-2006, 23:51
I think TS started a thread simlar to this one a long time ago. I also seem to recall that it ended with ringing endorsements of the LeMas .45 round.:D

NousDefionsDoc
01-16-2006, 00:12
You should have bit their dog back. Scares the hell out of both the dogs and the ass clowns that own them.

Welcome to my world Brother. Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate, much less own a dog. Fookin' little rats runnin' around out of control, luring decent folks near manholes.

Those people are irresponsible untrained fools.

NousDefionsDoc
01-16-2006, 00:14
BTW, BWAAAAAA!!!! You got thrown out of a fag dog park!:p :boohoo :p

ROTFLMAO!

Eagle5US
01-16-2006, 00:22
BTW, BWAAAAAA!!!! You got thrown out of a fag dog park!
ROTFLMAO!
:D:D:D

That is pretty funny isn't it:p

Eagle

Pete
01-16-2006, 06:04
Dog owners can raise some of the most rude dogs. That's because some of them are rude and crude themselves.

I like to take our dog, a cross breed mostly Dobbie, on walks. It's is always on a line. It is amazing the number of people who just open the front door and let their little kick dog out under no supervision.

Of course the little rat dog runs up to mine and starts yipping and nipping. Mine wants to face the dog, not turn his back and I don't blame him. And so the dance begins.

I have no problem with strays and dogs that only get out now and again. It's the every other day ones that get me. My goal is to drop-kick one little yapper back into his yard. He's a quick one and I've missed a couple of times but a good connection is coming.

The problem with yap dogs is their owners didn't kick them a few time when they were growing up.

And don't tell me to call the county Animal Control or the police. To get any action from them you have to have a cell phone, call from the spot and get control of the animal. If you go home and call they'll ask if the dog is loose now. If you reply that you don't know then they will not come out. If you call from the spot and the guy takes his animal in the same thing, when the cops show up they see no dog and depart. Animal control? 9-5 and never on a weekend.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
01-16-2006, 06:21
[QUOTE=Pete] Animal control? QUOTE]

Had my pup snatched on to by a boxer mix that I had to choke in order to break her free. The vet emergency room placed a call as required by VA state law to the animal control folks. The owner showed up bent out of shape that I had almost killed his dog in the process of saving mine and told me that his kids just couldn't control the dog and was upset that the vet had called animal control and why hadn't I just come to him. I told him it wasn't my call, that I did not have time to come to him because my dog was bleeding and in great pain, and that had I come to his door I would have kicked his sorry ass and would do so the next time his dog came anywhere near me or my pup. Never saw his dog again and everytime I passed his quarters he went inside. Evidently the answer is owner control:D

The Reaper
01-16-2006, 07:03
Funny you should mention that...
Kimberly had her Law Enforcement weight Spyderco and I had my Benchmade just in case there was a dog "locked on" to ours that needed to be released.
The park has the "No concealed firearms" statute posted:rolleyes:

Eagle

OC works better, leaves less evidence, and tends to look better in the eyes of the law.

BTW, you weren't thrown out of anywhere. You decided to leave, and walked yourself out.

TR

Sten
01-16-2006, 07:59
That jackass should see what happens to a dog in the developing world that snaps at a person. I will never cease to be amazed by people who place animals above people.

Goggles Pizano
01-16-2006, 08:32
OC works better, leaves less evidence, and tends to look better in the eyes of the law.

TR

Absolutely correct. When I was in the Narcotics squad our breechers routinely used OC to negate pitbull (the drug dealer's pooch of choice) defenses. It will neutralize the immediate threat and allow you time to regroup, or carry on with the mission.

As for the asshat in question believe in the circle theory: You will see him again...on your terms! :D

jatx
01-16-2006, 10:11
A small water pistol with an ammonia solution will take care of most unfriendly dogs, too.

Patrick Coy
01-16-2006, 10:49
Dig a hide site and be done with it

18C Dad
01-16-2006, 11:28
Eagle,

It's lucky for that dog and its owner that you are a QP. Imagine what might have happened if they had done the same thing to a Ranger.

18 X Dad

Eagle5US
01-16-2006, 11:53
Eagle,

It's lucky for that dog and its owner that you are a QP. Imagine what might have happened if they had done the same thing to a Ranger.

18 X Dad
:D

I had to chuckle at that one...

Eagle

mffjm8509
01-16-2006, 12:07

TR

Not only does this work well on the dog, but if properly doused it will get the owner as well. I've used this a few times while running PT and come upon dogs allowed to run loose.

mp

Doc
01-16-2006, 12:28
Not only does this work well on the dog, but if properly doused it will get the owner as well. I've used this a few times while running PT and come upon dogs allowed to run loose.

mp

Ditto. OC is a great thing to have when you go running. I've used it with great success.

Doc

Surgicalcric
01-16-2006, 13:30
I have 2 VERY large rotties I will loan you for your next trip. See if the assclown is so calm when a 180 lb tank has a grasp on his collies neck...

Seriously though, before coming to Bragg I took my dogs to the park damn near every Sunday I wasnt at the FD. I never had a problem other than people looking at me funny... I of course never let mine off the leash, nor for fear of them disobeying me but because people are ignorant when it comes to large dogs, especially rotties and the such.

Crip

dennisw
01-16-2006, 14:08
My dog is sensitive to violent people-you should leave

I thought folks in California were bad. You sure you weren't in Laguna Beach? :D

This story is almost too funny.

"You hit my dog! You don't hit someone else's dog! Haven't you ever been to a dog park before? You don't hit someone else's dog!"

By the way, do you have to wear a pasley or tie dyed shirt when you go to a dog park? Maybe some remedial training related to working with indigenous populations is in order. :D Sounds like fido and his owner may have to spend considerable time in therapy to overcome this encounter. :D

Sorry, but I cannot even believe the other dog owners.

-His dog is a regular here-your's isn't...you need to go

Obvious cronyism at work.

dennisw
01-16-2006, 14:34
We don't want any trouble here-if your dog can't handle being bit, you should leave

Classic. Those folks may want to curb their intake of pixie dust.

I for one, thought you exercized remarkable restraint. The other owner is lucky you haven't attending the Jack Moroney school for dog owners. He may have received a well deserved old school beat down.

Thanks for posting. Funniest thing I heard in a long time.

Go For Broke
01-16-2006, 14:53
Eagle,

You must live in the nuclear free zone of Olympia :D (side reference to the SSN 717 - OLYMPIA issue)

I wonder if that same argument We don't want any trouble here-if your dog can't handle being bit, you should leave (correctly applied to "humans") would work on the crowd down at Evergroove...or Groovie U V near COL Moroney :D

V/R,

Not sure if I saw more Birkies in WA or VT...but definitely saw more flannel in VT and "gucci crunchy" in WA.

kgoerz
01-16-2006, 18:01
I live in west Hoke County NC out on a farm and had a similar situation.a new neighbor who lives about a mile away moved in and had the ordasity to tell me his Dobermans run loose and I should be careful if they show up on my property because they bite and I have kids (There is a no leash law in hoke county, Also you can shoot dogs in Hoke County if they are endangering live stock) First time they showed up they endangered my live stock and got two thirty round magazines dumped into them. I spent a few hours in jail but was released with no charges files....end of problem. I have eight dogs myself and I am a Dog lover. But I refuse to tolerate irresponsible ownership of Animals. We see it every day in Hoke County since my Wife is a volunteer Animal Control Officer.

Pete
01-16-2006, 19:19
...First time they showed up they endangered my live stock and got two thirty round magazines dumped into them....:D

While I'm sure 2 rounds would have been enough sometimes that 18B in all of us just has to sneak out. To an 18B an empty magazine is a happy magazine. Moving targets to boot.

Too bad about the time in the lock-up.

I'll give a wave as I cruise down 401 to Wagram and Scotland County in the AM.

Spartan359
01-16-2006, 19:56
A small water pistol with an ammonia solution will take care of most unfriendly dogs, too.

Or a small water pistol full of gas and a lighter will work too. :D. Eagle if I were you I wouldn't find a new place to walk your dog. I'd go back just to piss people off. Who are they to tell you that you can't walk your dog where you want? I had a similar experience when my dog was a pup. I took him (a golden retriever/irish settler) to the local park and someone's loose dog decided they were gonna make my pup a chew toy. Seeing how I view my dogs a family, I took no humor in seeing my dog eaten so I clocked the other dog with my fist as hard as I could. Asshole pet owners must be universal because the guy said the same thing. "You can't hit my dog!" I picked my shivering pup up and look at him and said "You'd rather I hit you?" He took his dog and walked off.

Spartan359
01-16-2006, 20:03
First time they showed up they endangered my live stock and got two thirty round magazines dumped into them.

Damn, what's a good way to get coke off a monitor? I'd hate to see what you have in store for a robber. :munchin

Eagle5US
01-16-2006, 20:08
I picked my shivering pup up and look at him and said "You'd rather I hit you?"
I wish I would have thought of these EXACT words.

Nicely put.

Eagle

jatx
01-16-2006, 20:17
Or a small water pistol full of gas and a lighter will work too. :D.

You're a sick puppy. :D

Spartan359
01-16-2006, 20:19
I wish I would have thought of these EXACT words.

Nicely put.

Eagle

I'm sure you will have another opportunity sir. Unfortunately.

Spartan359
01-16-2006, 20:21
You're a sick puppy. :D

:D

jbour13
01-17-2006, 11:56
I live in west Hoke County NC out on a farm and had a similar situation.a new neighbor who lives about a mile away moved in and had the ordasity to tell me his Dobermans run loose and I should be careful if they show up on my property because they bite and I have kids (There is a no leash law in hoke county, Also you can shoot dogs in Hoke County if they are endangering live stock) First time they showed up they endangered my live stock and got two thirty round magazines dumped into them. I spent a few hours in jail but was released with no charges files....end of problem. I have eight dogs myself and I am a Dog lover. But I refuse to tolerate irresponsible ownership of Animals. We see it every day in Hoke County since my Wife is a volunteer Animal Control Officer.

Each year back home the neighbors down the road would be notified of a beagle being shot for chasing livestock on the family property in MO. Dogs are pack animals and even though they were only beagles they would cause a hell of a lot of trouble when the cows would trample fences and get stuck in the damn ponds trying to get away from them.

The neighbors had about 20 beagles at any given time and not a pot to piss in. Good logic did not prevail in that family.

On seperate occasions we'd be deer hunting and would hear the bucks crashing through the trees trying to get away from the damn dogs. Your day is pretty well fooked from there so I would vent my anger. Whistles would get the dogs attention and I could get at least one with the 7mm Mag. 2 if I they were close enough or stopped to look back.

Turkey season was no different. It's April and I'm about 16, I'm using a mouth call to get a tom in to shoot and a damn beagle steps in front of me about 10ft out. Doesn't see me, only smells me. I got him before the hairs on his neck stood up. Federal 3in 12ga magnum took care of that problem.

I love dogs and would much rather slot the owners but sometimes it's not an option. I've used OC on dogs in Iraq with great success. Bear in mind that all dogs do not let go when you give'em a shot of 10% OC. Some shake and bite harder 'cause it pisses them off. :eek:

Bill Harsey
01-17-2006, 14:11
Eagle5US,
I can come up and help walk the dogs with you.

You take care of the dogs and I will speak reasonably with the possibly misguided gentleman and povide some kind and gentle role play counseling on the value of social graces in public places.

sf11b_p
01-17-2006, 14:52
Your going to dress the guys dog out with one of your knives aren't you.

Razor
01-17-2006, 15:00
You take care of the dogs and I will speak reasonably with the possibly misguided gentleman and povide some kind and gentle role play counseling on the value of social graces in public places.

What's the legal limit on jackasses there, and are there black powder and archery seasons as well?

Bill Harsey
01-17-2006, 16:48
What's the legal limit on jackasses there, and are there black powder and archery seasons as well?
Unfortunately the right to be an arrogant misguided twit here in the Northwest is protected above and beyond any other.
We could work to put them on the endangered species list but I'm afraid they are being bred faster than rifle, shotgun, black powder, archery and trapping season could put a dent in.
The best we could do is re-locate them to a better place, like Vermont. :D

edited to add: Live trapping can be done humanely by pouring a thin layer of patchouli oil in the bottom of environmentally friendly shipping containers made with over 60% recycled steel re-melted in hemp straw fires and closing the door for transport when several dozen of 'em are rolling in the fragrant scent.
This relocation effort will be done to re-establish a breeding population in their native habitat even if the species was never there before.

sf11b_p, I wouldn't hurt the dog, he didn't choose his owner.

Chris
01-17-2006, 17:27
The best we could do is move them to a better place, like Vermont. :D

More fodder for the good Colonel, eh Mr. Harsey? :munchin

sf11b_p
01-18-2006, 06:51
sf11b_p, I wouldn't hurt the dog, he didn't choose his owner.

I really didn't think you would. ;)