PDA

View Full Version : How is the work and/or life different?

Rodeo
01-08-2006, 17:57
I have done a lot of research regarding the work and life of the professional soldier but all my research is about active duty professionals; there is very little information about how National Guard units are used and how the life is different. This thread is directed to Quiet Professionals who are National Guard Quiet Professionals and/or have worked with National Guard Quiet Professionals.

My questions:
How often are you (Quiet Professionals) deployed?
How long are the missions?
How often do you training besides the normal weekend and three week yearly training?
How you keep skills up if not training?
How often are you away from home?

Please add any other information that I failed to ask. I have searched for this information but if this issue has been discussed please direct me to the proper location.

Thanks, Chris

Patrick Coy
01-11-2006, 13:59
Talk to a recruiter to answer these questions, see redneckasian in other post thanks.

Team Sergeant
01-11-2006, 14:24
I have done a lot of research regarding the work and life of the professional soldier but all my research is about active duty professionals; there is very little information about how National Guard units are used and how the life is different. This thread is directed to Quiet Professionals who are National Guard Quiet Professionals and/or have worked with National Guard Quiet Professionals.

My questions:
How often are you (Quiet Professionals) deployed?
How long are the missions?
How often do you training besides the normal weekend and three week yearly training?
How you keep skills up if not training?
How often are you away from home?

Please add any other information that I failed to ask. I have searched for this information but if this issue has been discussed please direct me to the proper location.

Thanks, Chris

Chris,

We do not discuss missions period. (Not on a public board anyway.) This includes how often, mission duration, training requirements etc etc etc. Questions such as yours could land you a knock at your door by the local FBI. Your question is not stupid, but we’re not going to entertain these sort of questions in public. I read your profile, you’re a fireman, I’m betting you’re also a smart guy. Find some SF’ers in your local area and have a chat with them.

Team Sergeant

Rodeo
01-11-2006, 16:26
Chris,

We do not discuss missions period. (Not on a public board anyway.) This includes how often, mission duration, training requirements etc etc etc. Questions such as yours could land you a knock at your door by the local FBI. Your question is not stupid, but we’re not going to entertain these sort of questions in public. I read your profile, you’re a fireman, I’m betting you’re also a smart guy. Find some SF’ers in your local area and have a chat with them.

Team Sergeant

Thanks for the response. Will Do.

Thanks, Chris