PDA

View Full Version : Creatures of habit...?

Robideaur
01-05-2006, 10:31
In the SOF community, we all know and learn to vary our activities (avoiding complacency) - yet we seldom roll too far from the tree. Many, in time, will find some way (or connection) back to group or the SOF community. Not to wear the uniform or carry the ruck, rather to find a place among those familiar to us that we might look to the left and to the right and know the person standing there.

Since retiring in 1998, I have crossed paths with a good number of brothers (both far and wide) and to a man, they appear less than fulfilled in their civilian lives. Be it with government service, contracting or private industry - the comraderie, trust and professionalism of the SOF unit is seldom (if ever) replicated.

It is a pleasure to find this site and I look forward to reading/participating in future postings.

Team Sergeant
01-05-2006, 14:08
In the SOF community, we all know and learn to vary our activities (avoiding complacency) - yet we seldom roll too far from the tree. Many, in time, will find some way (or connection) back to group or the SOF community. Not to wear the uniform or carry the ruck, rather to find a place among those familiar to us that we might look to the left and to the right and know the person standing there.

Since retiring in 1998, I have crossed paths with a good number of brothers (both far and wide) and to a man, they appear less than fulfilled in their civilian lives. Be it with government service, contracting or private industry - the comraderie, trust and professionalism of the SOF unit is seldom (if ever) replicated.

It is a pleasure to find this site and I look forward to reading/participating in future postings.

And one of the very reasons this website was created.
Welcome aboard MSG! Hope you enjoy the place.;)

Team Sergeant
MSG SF (ret)