PDA

View Full Version : G-21 with grip modification

SERPENT5XX
12-31-2005, 17:47
Gentlemen,

Here is a picture of my new G-21.

I had the grip modified. A reduction was done to the grip as well as a beaver-tail being installed.
The grip on a G-21 is not too big for my hands, but with the reduction it now feels much like a 1911.
The beaver-tail is a nice addition and helps protect the web of my hand from slide bite.

SERPENT5XX

SERPENT5XX
01-03-2006, 19:43
Gentlemen,

I guess I forgot to add that the Mods were done by Tom Snell at Heritage Firearms in Austin, TX

www.heritagefirearms.com

Sorry,

SERPENT5XX

The Reaper
01-03-2006, 20:11
You know that we are bros and I bet it runs well, but that takes an ugly pistol to a new level of horrendous Frankengun appearance.

Thanks for the pics, hermano, it will keep me from freaking out to much when I see it in person.

TR

SERPENT5XX
01-03-2006, 21:10
LOL!!!!:D

Ugly it is, but it shoots great!!

TXSWAT
01-04-2006, 11:56
It does shoot nice.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-04-2006, 15:33
Interesting modification... looks ugly; however, if it shoots better for you so be it!

I notice that LAPD seems to have been having trouble with Glock 21s lately. I have heard that they may have banned their use on the department. Anybody else heard about this?

El Cid
01-04-2006, 16:19
Interesting modification... looks ugly; however, if it shoots better for you so be it!

I notice that LAPD seems to have been having trouble with Glock 21s lately. I have heard that they may have banned their use on the department. Anybody else heard about this?
Glock is replacing a bunch of them it seems.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462274&highlight=LAPD

They were getting light strikes resulting in a click when they wanted a Bang. This is from that thread: "The issue was misaligned rails on a few of the guns, which caused interference with the free movement of the firing pin. That is where the "ignition failure" problems began. As a result, Glock is examining all our G21s, mostly owned by individual officers. All G21s discovered to be out of factory specifications, or otherwise unserviceable, are being fixed or replaced, on the spot, by Glock."