PDA

View Full Version : When Catwoman Strikes!

Roguish Lawyer
12-30-2005, 20:50
I have a really large bump on the top of my hand which resulted from a blow from a stick. It is the size of a silver dollar in diameter and the height of a dime on its side. I have an ice pack on it, but should I be doing anything else?

The Reaper
12-30-2005, 21:02
You need mumbleypeg.

He has some products for just such a situation.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
12-30-2005, 21:04
You need mumbleypeg.

He has some products for just such a situation.

TR

:p

QRQ 30
12-30-2005, 21:05
Sounds like a ruptured blood vessel. From a non-doctor, cold today to stop the bleeding and heat tomorrow to reabsorb the fluid.

Roguish Lawyer
12-30-2005, 21:09
Sounds like a ruptured blood vessel. From a non-doctor, cold today to stop the bleeding and heat tomorrow to reabsorb the fluid.

Thanks. Will drinking alcohol slow the healing process? I was about to start when this happened. Plus it hurts and that might help. :)

QRQ 30
12-30-2005, 21:16
Thanks. Will drinking alcohol slow the healing process? I was about to start when this happened. Plus it hurts and that might help. :)

Not unless you're into banging things when you drink.:D

I'm familiar with the sequence. When in HS I sprained an ankle during a basketball game and some idjit immediately put heat on it. In no time my ankle was bigger than my knee.:eek:

Eagle5US
12-31-2005, 01:43
Agreed...

Long as you can still wiggle and woggle all your digits. Not saying that they won't be sore...but make certain you can wiggle each joint by isolating it and flexing/extending at that joint.

Sifu had stuff..."Dit Da Jao" stank like reduced pig urine and burned when applied...but man it worked for exactly what you are describing.

Eagle

Jack Moroney (RIP)
12-31-2005, 05:58
but should I be doing anything else?

Perhaps you should pick nicer friends, strike first or raise your fees so that you can afford a decent pair of hockey gloves:D

Roguish Lawyer
12-31-2005, 09:44
Perhaps you should pick nicer friends, strike first or raise your fees so that you can afford a decent pair of hockey gloves:D

LOL -- was not playing hockey.

Roguish Lawyer
12-31-2005, 09:45
Agreed...

Long as you can still wiggle and woggle all your digits. Not saying that they won't be sore...but make certain you can wiggle each joint by isolating it and flexing/extending at that joint.

Sifu had stuff..."Dit Da Jao" stank like reduced pig urine and burned when applied...but man it worked for exactly what you are describing.

Eagle

Thanks Eagle! Still a bump this am, but much smaller. Can move all fingers OK, just sore.

NousDefionsDoc
12-31-2005, 10:04
LOL -- was not playing hockey.
He got beat on by a gurl!

Check the thread title!

Roguish Lawyer
12-31-2005, 10:08
He got beat on by a gurl!

Check the thread title!

LOL -- shot by the god gun again . . . :p

The Reaper
12-31-2005, 10:12
Spousal abuse, such an ugly thing.

Having met the both of you, the court is never going to believe your version of events.

I recommend that you settle out of court.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
12-31-2005, 10:18
Spousal abuse, such an ugly thing.

Having met the both of you, the court is never going to believe your version of events.

I recommend that you settle out of court.

TR
As far as I can tell, it has been settled. Note who is posting asking for medical advice...

Eagle5US
12-31-2005, 12:12
As far as I can tell, it has been settled. Note who is posting asking for medical advice...:D:D:D

Eagle

Bravo1-3
12-31-2005, 14:09
You should consider retaining an attorney. :D :boohoo

Surgicalcric
12-31-2005, 14:19
As far as I can tell, it has been settled. Note who is posting asking for medical advice...

[Larry the Cable Guy's Voice]Thats funny I dont care who you are.[/Larry the Cable Guy's Voice]

He may need something for that bruised ego as well.

Crip

The Reaper
12-31-2005, 14:37
[Larry the Cable Guy's Voice]Thats funny I dont care who you are.[/Larry the Cable Guy's Voice]

He may need something for that bruised ego as well.

Crip

I'm sorry, Lord.

And God Bless the starving pygmies in New Guinea.

Amen.

Michelle
12-31-2005, 19:39

Alcohol will actually thin the blood, making the hematoma diffuse out more. Which is not a bad thing... the lump will go down and spread out. The back of your hand ought to look absolutely smashing tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the pun.

Couldn't resist.

m1
p.s. As a long time practitioner of eskrima, I've been there and can sympathize. I have a surgery in my future for a stick strike I took to the hand a few years back that chipped the knuckle bone and then recalcified badly. Burst veins are painful but pretty quick to heal.

mumbleypeg
01-01-2006, 10:31
Happy New Year . I can send a bag of leeches, should you need.

Razor
01-01-2006, 12:34
I can send a bag of leeches, should you need.

Must...resist...obvious...dig. :D

Eagle5US
01-01-2006, 12:45
As a long time practitioner of eskrima, I've been there and can sympathize.
:eek:
I tried escrima once...
verdict:
That stuff HURT!!!

I couldn't quite get the hang of the "I TOLD YOU the object is to NOT get hit" statement.

Got the hell beat out of me. I sucked:boohoo

Eagle

Michelle
01-01-2006, 19:00
:eek:
I tried escrima once...
verdict:
That stuff HURT!!!

I couldn't quite get the hang of the "I TOLD YOU the object is to NOT get hit" statement.

Got the hell beat out of me. I sucked:boohoo

Eagle

LOL! Yes.... blocks are your friends. Strikes are good, but blocks are awful important too. Not getting hit happens on a good day. Lots of days it happens though.

It got REAL interesting when we would go visit Grandmaster in Stockton for quarterly meetings/training camp. After the meeting and the requisite Filipino BBQ (some GOOD FOOD (not counting Balut), the training would start and go into the wee hours of the morning..... Hanging with hard core Stockton Filipino guys, and a bottle of NG KA PY, and around midnight, the sticks would get stashed and the machetes would come out. Same drills... same strikes... same blocks.... full speed, but with machetes. Those were the times you REALLY had to stay on your toes. Talk about no quarter given.

m1

The Reaper
01-01-2006, 19:53
LOL! Yes.... blocks are your friends. Strikes are good, but blocks are awful important too. Not getting hit happens on a good day. Lots of days it happens though.

It got REAL interesting when we would go visit Grandmaster in Stockton for quarterly meetings/training camp. After the meeting and the requisite Filipino BBQ (some GOOD FOOD (not counting Balut), the training would start and go into the wee hours of the morning..... Hanging with hard core Stockton Filipino guys, and a bottle of NG KA PY, and around midnight, the sticks would get stashed and the machetes would come out. Same drills... same strikes... same blocks.... full speed, but with machetes. Those were the times you REALLY had to stay on your toes. Talk about no quarter given.

m1

Yeah, its all fun till someone gets an eye put out and goes home crying for mama!:D

TR

NousDefionsDoc
01-02-2006, 19:21
I KIAd a snake once with a stick - a sharp pointy stick...

Roguish Lawyer
01-02-2006, 19:25
I KIAd a snake once with a stick - a sharp pointy stick...

And then you ate it with ramen and the maggots from the junior demo man's arm wound, right? ;)

DoctorDoom
01-03-2006, 10:00
x

Roguish Lawyer
01-03-2006, 12:08
Just a quick thing RL: given an acute bleeding injury I would stay away from alcohol. It does indeed thin blood, including the clot that would form to seal off any damaged or ruptured vasculature.

Too late! ;)

NousDefionsDoc
01-03-2006, 17:20
And then you ate it with ramen and the maggots from the junior demo man's arm wound, right? ;)
Negative, I was a Delta, not a Bravo...

DoctorDoom
01-05-2006, 20:55
x