PDA

View Full Version : How long is SFAS good for??

504PIR
12-30-2005, 12:52
I have a question that my "google-fu" has not answered. I knew at one time SFAS had a time limit on how long it was good for. IE you had to go to SFQC within 12 months of passing selection. Then it changed, to being good basiclly for lack of a better term "forever".

I heard a rumor from a gentelman that is no longer true. With the high-op tempo of all our forces active and NG I doubted it. However things change and I want to be sure.

I was selected in May of 03. Missions and deployments being what they are, I'm wanting to attend in late 05. If anyone has the correct information I would be most grateful.

18C4V
12-30-2005, 18:34
You're still good to go. We have a guy in the Q who went to SFAS in 98 and he started the Q in July of this year.

NousDefionsDoc
12-30-2005, 19:21
I think you should go again, just to make sure....:munchin

504PIR
01-01-2006, 00:44
NDD,

Selection is allot like going through divorce:

Its something you have to want to do, its intimidating,often agonizingly painful, you just want to get it overwith while going through it, don't know what will happen next, except it will hurt, when you are done you ache for awhile, glad you got thru it and you don't want to do it again.

Oh and at some point when its done you will wind up at a strip club with your friends.

NousDefionsDoc
01-01-2006, 07:04
Selection is never "done" - it is a life-long process.;)

Geenie
10-05-2011, 10:09
Gentlemen,

is the above information still accurate? Let's say someone is selected and has to wait for his clearance to be adjudicated (I understand a SECRET can take anywhere from 3-12 months); my understanding is that person would then just go back to his old unit and wait. During that time he may very well be tapped to deploy. Is this correct?

Thank you for your time.