Looks spankin new

$649

Local gun store.

For daily carry.

Opinions???

Thanks-
Eagle

You should try a compact .40 as a CCW.

I carry a full size USP .45 in the winter and sometimes its a bit tough to conceal. A compact would be a better choice. $700-725 should get you a new piece.

If you do get it get a kramer holster, I have two and they are the heat. (one for my compact and one for my full size USP)

TS

Eagle5US
12-27-2005, 19:42
Thanks Boss...

Still on the prowl...

Held / fired the Springfield XD today...ugly gun that felt terribly front heavy in the hand so it's out-albeit a great price. ($437 w/ factory paddle and 3 Hi-Cap mags)

Also looked at the Kimber Ultra Carry and Colt Defender (both in .45) but were in the neighborhood of $750+/- with a single 7rd mag a piece....

Thanks for the insight.

Eagle

Eagle5US
12-27-2005, 19:48
You should try a compact .40 as a CCW.

If you do get it get a kramer holster, I have two and they are the heat. (one for my compact and one for my full size USP)

TSMy bride has already promised me one, (#3 IWB- in horsehide per the many recommendations) :D
All I need is the right weapon for it.

I have trouble with most compacts due to the size of my meat mashers. I am NOT one you want an over 40 physical from;)

I'm making the gun store rounds right now and pestering the bubbas behind the counters with the whole "can I hold this one, OK...how about THAT one" bit. But hey...my coin, my (and my families) protection. I'll gam over ALL of them if I have to :D

Eagle

Team Sergeant
12-27-2005, 19:51
My bride has already promised me one, (#3 IWB- in horsehide per the many recommendations) :D

I have trouble with most compacts due to the size of my meat mashers. I am NOT one you want an over 40 physical from;)

I'm making the gun store rounds right now and pestering the bubbas behind the counters with the whole "can I hold this one, OK...how about THAT one" bit. But hey...my coin, my (and my families) protection. I'll gam over ALL of them if I have to :D

Eagle

If you're a big guy by all means get a full size. If you don't like it we can work something out....;)

Air.177
12-28-2005, 08:52
My bride has already promised me one, (#3 IWB- in horsehide per the many recommendations) :D

Eagle

The HK P2000 is comfortable to most folks, and is available in compact and subcompact, it may be worth considering. There are a number of "Pre Owned" SIG pistols coming on the market now from LEO trade ins, they are not bad at all if they fit your hand. For your purposes, I recommend looking at a P229,
P239, and a P245. Kahr makes some very nice, very compact single stack carry pistols in their polymer framed guns. Their steel frames feel good and shoot well, but get heavy in a hurry for their limited mag capacity. Also, CZ is bringing in a CZ75 compact in .40 that may be worth looking at. In my experience, the CZ pistols are quite comfortable, very reliable, very accurate, and relatively inexpensive at the expense of being heavy (Full steel frame)

These are the first brands that come to my mind as things to look at.

Once again, YMMV, as none of my weapons have seen shots fired in anger, but I do spend nearly every weekend discussing the realtive merits of one pistol versus the other and I get to handle a ton of them regularly.

HTH

Good times,
Blake

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 11:19
Thanks for the reply Blake...your info does not fall on deaf ears.

The P2000 is awfully nice and was one of my front runners, but buying it for $850+ locally meant no accessorizing (extra mags, Kimber pancake, Tritium ghost ring).:cool:

I held about 4 different Kahr pistols yesterday but have never shot one and am not familiar enough with them to be comfortable. Kahr also runs a nice bit locally with 10% off their handgun prices for military.

Absolutely agree with your assesment of the CZ line.

THank you again for chiming in...I may just re-look the Kahr arms offerings.

Eagle

The Reaper
12-28-2005, 11:29
Thanks for the reply Blake...your info does not fall on deaf ears.

The P2000 is awfully nice and was one of my front runners, but buying it for $850+ locally meant no accessorizing (extra mags, Kimber pancake, Tritium ghost ring).:cool:

I held about 4 different Kahr pistols yesterday but have never shot one and am not familiar enough with them to be comfortable. Kahr also runs a nice bit locally with 10% off their handgun prices for military.

Absolutely agree with your assesment of the CZ line.

THank you again for chiming in...I may just re-look the Kahr arms offerings.

Eagle

I believe that the P2000 should be available for much less, CDNN has the V3 variant for $640. It comes with 3 high cap mags, you can get extras from CDNN for $40 each, and they throw in a free 10 rounder with each high cap purchased.

They also have the full-sized USP in 9mm or .40 for $617, the .45 USP for $672, and the .45 Compact for $699.

Your local dealer may handle a transfer for a small fee if you want to do it that way or come down on their price if they know you are looking elsewhere.

Just my .02.

TR

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 12:07
I believe that the P2000 should be available for much less, CDNN has the V3 variant for $640. It comes with 3 high cap mags, you can get extras from CDNN for $40 each, and they throw in a free 10 rounder with each high cap purchased.

They also have the full-sized USP in 9mm or .40 for $617, the .45 USP for $672, and the .45 Compact for $699.

Your local dealer may handle a transfer for a small fee if you want to do it that way or come down on their price if they know you are looking elsewhere.

Just my .02.

TR
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks TR!

Looks like your ".02" is worth about $200 regarding the local dealer prices!

Transfer fees here are about $25. I'll approach them on the other prices.

Eagle

vsvo
12-28-2005, 12:11
Eagle, here's another data point for you to consider for H&K's. I just ordered a P2000 .40 LEM with 3 hi-cap mags from Clyde Armory for $689 shipped. They have a good selection: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=123656

I'll echo TR that CDNN is great as well. I bought the hi-cap mags for my Compact and got the free 10 rounders.

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 12:31
Man! Where do you guys FIND these places?!?
My google-fu must REALLY need some meditation:(

Eagle

The Reaper
12-28-2005, 12:41
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks TR!

Looks like your ".02" is worth about $200 regarding the local dealer prices!

Transfer fees here are about $25. I'll approach them on the other prices.

Eagle

J:

I just think that your local dealers' prices are a bit unrealistic, unless they have a captive audience.

Should have provided the link to CDNN:

www.cdnnsports.com

Download and look through the catalog, the website restricts browsing by non-FFL holders to accessories only, but the catalog mailed out regularly and downloadable online has the firearms as well.

On the vsvo link, I would opt for the P2000 .40 cal. SA/DA with decocker & Night Sights $749 (free shipping). Decent night sights will run you at least $60 per set, handgun shipping is normally overnight (by shipping company policies) so add another $40 for shipping, so figure that the pistol is running you about $674, plus S&H and options, plus the $25 transfer fee. All you need to add is the spare mags and a holster.

The other beauty of this transaction is that if you pay the internet dealer directly, your local store does not collect state sales tax on the transaction (which would save NC residents another $52 on the deal). You are responsible for squaring that away with your state at the end of the year, along with your other out of state internet purchases.

The P2000 DA/SA is what I got and is in my pics. I would say that the LEM trigger, like the SIG DAK, gives you a mediocre trigger pull (like a long, gritty revolver trigger) every time, versus the bad first DA squeeze followed by the decent SA on all following rounds.

Your call. PM me if you have any specific questions.

TR

Team Sergeant
12-28-2005, 13:03
Man! Where do you guys FIND these places?!?
My google-fu must REALLY need some meditation:(

Eagle

Also check with "Chandlersniper" before you buy, see what sorta deal he'll give you.

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 13:04
J:

I just think that your local dealers' prices are a bit unrealistic, unless they have a captive audience.

On the vsvo link, I would opt for the P2000 .40 cal. SA/DA with decocker & Night Sights $749 (free shipping). Decent night sights will run you at least $60 per set, handgun shipping is normally overnight (by shipping company policies) so add another $40 for shipping, so figure that the pistol is running you about $674, plus S&H and options, plus the $25 transfer fee. All you need to add is the spare mags and a holster.

The other beauty of this transaction is that if you pay the internet dealer directly, your local store does not collect state sales tax on the transaction (which would save NC residents another $52 on the deal). You are responsible for squaring that away with your state at the end of the year, along with your other out of state internet purchases.

Your call. PM me if you have any specific questions.

TR
I just shot the vsvo guy an e-mail on this weapon :D

Thanks again for all the help and information folks.

Boy I love this place!!!

Eagle

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 13:19
Also check with "Chandlersniper" before you buy, see what sorta deal he'll give you.

You Betcha!

Eagle

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-28-2005, 13:48
Glock has some nice handguns in the .40 caliber range. The model 22 is used by many local PDs. Also one can get barrels for 9MM and .357 fairly cheap and use the same Mags, etc as the .40 to fire them. Its a lot cheaper to fire 9MM then .40:munchin

Eagle5US
12-28-2005, 13:59
Glock has some nice handguns in the .40 caliber range. The model 22 is used by many local PDs. Also one can get barrels for 9MM and .357 fairly cheap and use the same Mags, etc as the .40 to fire them. Its a lot cheaper to fire 9MM then .40:munchin
Yessir, yessir it is cheaper to fire 9mm, and certainly, Glock does have a MULTITUDE of offerings.

Eagle

jbour13
12-28-2005, 22:02
40 Compact is my summer carry. Loaded with Winchester Rangers. This time of year I go with a full sized 1911. TLE RL II is on me now with 230gr CorBons.

I live in VA and have come to find NC as a pretty nice place. I'm visiting a friend at Bragg right now and haven't run into any problems (I work in MD just outside DC). He live's in Hope Mills.

I'd still like to see in person the LeMas ammo. Good info and pics, just need a good line on some of it!!! ;)

Oh yeah,....I never realized how big Bragg was. Friggin huge!!! Lots of places for sneaky dudes to hide. :cool:

The Reaper
12-28-2005, 22:10
Oh yeah,....I never realized how big Bragg was. Friggin huge!!! Lots of places for sneaky dudes to hide. :cool:

During the War for Southern Independence, there was a major cav battle on Bragg, three or four corps worth.

I looked it up on the current range map today. For those who know Bragg, north of Campbell's Crossroads, just south of Morganton Road, between Juniper Creek and Nicholson Creek. Battle of Monroe's Crossroads.

TR

Eagle5US
12-31-2005, 01:52
Thanks folks...each and every one

New H&K P2000 .40, SA/DA w/ decocker, Night Sights, 3 high capacity magazines, box and papers

$749 shipped :D

I am quite pleased:lifter

Eagle

The Reaper
12-31-2005, 09:35

New H&K P2000 .40, SA/DA w/ decocker, Night Sights, 3 high capacity magazines, box and papers

Eagle

That is sweet!

I think you will like it.

If you call Kramer and talk to Will, he is making a MSP for the P2000 for me. I am sure that he could throw a second one together at the same time. Be sure to mention that you are SF at the same time. They like that.

As far as accessories go, I think that you will need an X200B from SureFire if you do not have one, and the DG-14 switch that you can see in my pics will fit, though it is not designed for the P2000. PM me if you decide to order anything from them.

Congrats. Another one coming over to the dark side. I guess that the TS is the leader of this cult.:D

TR

Team Sergeant
12-31-2005, 10:34

Eagle

Welcome to the Dark Side.....

I'll have to get my paws on one to test...

Eagle5US
12-31-2005, 12:10
That is sweet!

I think you will like it.

If you call Kramer and talk to Will, he is making a MSP for the P2000 for me. I am sure that he could throw a second one together at the same time. Be sure to mention that you are SF at the same time. They like that.

As far as accessories go, I think that you will need an X200B from SureFire if you do not have one, and the DG-14 switch that you can see in my pics will fit, though it is not designed for the P2000. PM me if you decide to order anything from them.

Congrats. Another one coming over to the dark side. I guess that the TS is the leader of this cult.:D

Cult "Grand PooBah" TS...I like it!

TR
WILCO Boss!!!

Thanks again for all your guidance. If I order the surefire light...do I get a hat :D

I do think my toy budget has been maxed for a couple of months though...just put about $500 into the Vette as well :(

Eagle

vsvo
12-31-2005, 15:14
Nice pistol, Eagle. Congrats!

If you don't like the extended baseplate on the mags, check these out:

http://www.robertrtg.com/uspcflatplates.html

Real nice folks, I received some today, wrapped in The Peoria Republic!

The Reaper
12-31-2005, 21:33
Welcome to the Dark Side.....

I'll have to get my paws on one to test...

Come to NC for a visit.

TR

nmap
06-15-2009, 17:22
After searching, this thread seemed like the closest match...

I have recently acquired an HK USP 9 SD. :D

Based on other information, it seems that the condition 3 configuration is preferable to DAO. Therefore, I would not want to change that aspect of the firearm.

Would it be worthwhile to obtain the match trigger in a carry weapon? Are there trade-offs to consider? Are there drawbacks?

Other threads suggest that the match trigger assembly is difficult to purchase, and finding installation services is problematic. However, I believe I have a source for the match trigger.

I'm under the impression that Team Sergeant uses his H&K's with no modification to the trigger, so this may be a strong argument against using the match trigger.

I regret to say that my Google searches have produced remarkably little information, although there seem to be a few reports that the match trigger is somewhat better than the original item.

As always, thoughts and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Sten
06-15-2009, 17:45
Would it be worthwhile to obtain the match trigger in a carry weapon? Are there trade-offs to consider? Are there drawbacks?

, thoughts and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I was told not to modify a carry piece at all. If your involved in a defensive shooting the theory is modifications can cause you problems in civil and possibly criminal court .

I was also told to only use factory ammunition in your carry gun (some guy from the internet said to try and use the same bullets as your local LEOs???).

ccrn
06-15-2009, 18:07
Congratulations on your purchase.

I love HK and the USP and USPc in particular.

If I remember correctly the Tactical and Expert variants use a match grade trigger. But from the sources I have spoken to and read I would at this time agree with the above post regarding modification of the trigger for CCW until such time I learn different.

In anycase, the USP or USPc can outshoot me as it is, so I spend my bank and schools instead-

nmap
06-15-2009, 18:23
Thank you, Sten. You make some good points - and I had not even considered finding out which ammo the LEOs in the area use. That's a great idea!

Ccrn, as nearly as I can tell, the 9mm version has an adjustable trigger stop, but NOT a match grade trigger. This contrasts with the .40 and .45 version. (I am not certain this is the case - so I would not want to be dogmatic.)

Thank you for the kind words and good advice!

kawika
06-16-2009, 18:35
The 9mm tactical has a stock trigger-no overtravel stop. The Tactical, Match, Expert, Custom sport and elite all come with the match trigger.

nmap
11-09-2009, 12:56
So I now have my HK USP in 9mm with HK tritium sights and match trigger.

The gunsmith said the trigger was wicked - he was right. Pull is about 3.5 pounds, and as crisp as anything I've ever owned.

But it seems that gun Nirvana is not so easily achieved.

I put snap-caps in, then put the weapon in condition 3. I pulled the trigger, the hammer snapped...but the trigger did not go into position for a double-action pull. It simply hung. A gentle touch with a finger resulted in it going forward. This seemed to happen consistently.

I put a drop of militec oil on the exposed parts of the trigger (I did not field-strip the firearm), and the hanging went down to 2/3 of the time.

The weapon is hardly fired - perhaps only a round or two by the gunsmith who installed the match trigger.

I called H&K - they suggested a trigger installation problem.

So...should I visit the gunsmith for an adjustment? Shoot a few hundred rounds through it first? None of the above?

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks...

steelcobra
11-10-2009, 12:06
So I now have my HK USP in 9mm with HK tritium sights and match trigger.

The gunsmith said the trigger was wicked - he was right. Pull is about 3.5 pounds, and as crisp as anything I've ever owned.

But it seems that gun Nirvana is not so easily achieved.

I put snap-caps in, then put the weapon in condition 3. I pulled the trigger, the hammer snapped...but the trigger did not go into position for a double-action pull. It simply hung. A gentle touch with a finger resulted in it going forward. This seemed to happen consistently.

I put a drop of militec oil on the exposed parts of the trigger (I did not field-strip the firearm), and the hanging went down to 2/3 of the time.

The weapon is hardly fired - perhaps only a round or two by the gunsmith who installed the match trigger.

I called H&K - they suggested a trigger installation problem.

So...should I visit the gunsmith for an adjustment? Shoot a few hundred rounds through it first? None of the above?

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks...

HK hammers normally sit a bit loose and backed off from the strike cap. Is the trigger resetting after you pull the trigger and letting you pull it back in DA?

If not, you might need to ask your smith to check his work for burrs, rough spots, or a spot where the tolerances were set too tight.