PDA

View Full Version : A question for you all.

Hopeful_20
12-25-2005, 19:54
Hello all, I had seen this site advertised and I though I would check it out. I do have a question though. Currently, I am not in Special Forces, or even in the Army for that matter. I am currently a Sophmore in College and I am lookin to eventually get into either the 20th or 19th Special Forces. There is however, one small problem. I am SLIGHTLY red/green defficient. It is not very severe as I can see vivid red and green JUST fine only weird shades give me problems. I was told to not even think about trying for the SFAS if I have mild difficluties with red and green, but, I can see vivid reds and greens as I had said, as I hold a valid PA drivers license. What do you all think. All opinions are welcome.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

Eagle5US
12-25-2005, 19:58
Tyler-not a good start here...

1. Fill out your profile
2. Your first post should be in the introductions thread.
3. Read all the stickies...you know, the things that say "READ THIS FIRST":rolleyes:

Eagle

The Reaper
12-25-2005, 20:10
Hello all, I had seen this site advertised and I though I would check it out. I do have a question though. Currently, I am not in Special Forces, or even in the Army for that matter. I am currently a Sophmore in College and I am lookin to eventually get into either the 20th or 19th Special Forces. There is however, one small problem. I am SLIGHTLY red/green defficient. It is not very severe as I can see vivid red and green JUST fine only weird shades give me problems. I was told to not even think about trying for the SFAS if I have mild difficluties with red and green, but, I can see vivid reds and greens as I had said, as I hold a valid PA drivers license. What do you all think. All opinions are welcome.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

First read, then post.

It would appear that your color vision is not your only deficiency.

TR

Hopeful_20
12-25-2005, 20:39
Sorry Reaper, not trying to get under anyones skin here.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

FearMonkey
12-26-2005, 20:45
I don't see a problem with being red/green color blind... It's the BLUE lines that you've gotta watch out for! ;)

NousDefionsDoc
12-26-2005, 22:24
Dude,
If you read, you will find that Reaper has posted the applicable regs. Then you get the reg and read it and you will have the answer to you question. That's one of the really cool things about the military - there's a rule book for the whole game. Everything.

A much better post would have been:
"I have read AR-Br549. I believe the applicable paras are XYZ and ZYX. Here they are. I understand this to mean ABC and DEF. Am I correct?"

And we could have answered "Yes".

Now, there are several people on this board that know the answer right off the top of their Green Hat-wearing heads. So why, oh why, do we insist on being assholes?

Well, when you do it our way:
1. It shows that you are not physically or mentally handicapped - the latter being a common trait of slack-jawed assed civilians that can't cross a street without a "Walk" sign.
2. You will retain the info better if you have to work for it.
3. It is a demonstration of your willingness to put forth effort.
4. It shows respect for the leg that spent all that time typing that shit up.
5. It keeps us from having to answer the same question multiple times on multiple threads.
6. We are not librarians.
7. We are not the Help Desk.

There are seven answers. The same number as the number of unfortunate souls that will fit into a CRRC. Coincidence? Think about it.

Word to the wise, don't ever let Chief shit you into thinklng he's the only one that can drive and always wait a second after he says, "Ones out of the boat!" Oh, make sure you if you forget rules one and two above that you close your mouth before getting out and don't hang on after.

Know what I miss?

The Cold War.

rcogan - your thinly veiled reference to the area-specfic geographical landmarks we all love shows signs of fear and weakness son. You must embrace the draw monster to overcome your fear. Don't be a wimp, get in there and mix it up. Running "around" and hiding from TACs is no way to go through life.

FearMonkey
12-27-2005, 14:38
NDD - I'm not going to lie. My first encounter with the monster left me in a terrible state (and minus a puss pad!). However, the best thing to do when you fall off the horse is jump right back on, and thats what I did... over, and over, and over. Now I can honestly say that I've busted the monster enough that the fear has dissipated! The TAC's have done their work well. :)

(Well, Bones Fork is still one mean sonofa....)

The Reaper
12-27-2005, 14:39
(Well, Bones Fork is still one mean sonofa....)

And what about SCUBA Road?

TR

skipjack
12-27-2005, 17:16
Haha,

Never used SCUBA road, it was way too high. But I did get stuck in Bones Fork for hours (reason for Star 2 GO)... now that I think about it, maybe I should have tried SCUBA road...lol. Oh well.

-skipjack

FearMonkey
12-27-2005, 19:28
TR, as for SCUBA Rd...

"SFAS Packing List (Optional Items)"
- Snorkel; 1ea.
- Mask; 1ea.
- Fins; 1 pr.

(p.s. sorry for the thread hijack!)