PDA

View Full Version : Best Commercial Ever

ObliqueApproach
12-20-2005, 08:57
And in the left (a minor pun intended:mad: ) corner we have the liberal press; and in the right (definitely a pun intended:) ) corner we have Anheuser Busch:) You choose the winner?!?!?:lifter bestcommercial.asf (http://www.zippyvideos.com/7699524582689336/bestcommercial/)

dennisw
12-20-2005, 09:59
Unbelievable! AB has the right idea. Thanks for posting that.

sf11b_p
12-20-2005, 11:57
It was good, I remember that from a year ago or maybe two. I haven't seen anything like that recently.

Weazle23
12-20-2005, 13:06
first time I saw it, thanks for posting.

longrange1947
12-20-2005, 14:14
Thank you for the post, had not seen that one. :)

Goggles Pizano
12-20-2005, 15:12
IIRC that commercial ran during last year's Super Bowl. Wonderful spot and wish they would replay it more often!

Gypsy
12-20-2005, 19:33
IIRC that commercial ran during last year's Super Bowl. Wonderful spot and wish they would replay it more often!

Correct. However I never get tired of viewing it, thanks OA.

The Reaper
12-20-2005, 19:33
They also play that at Sea World before the Shamu Show, and they ask all of the veterans in the stadium to stand and be recognized afterwards.

Just wish that they made beer.

TR

dennisw
12-26-2005, 14:08
Showed it to my sister during Christmas. She said the same thing happened to her at the Atlanta Airport.

What ever happens, we don't want news like this to get out. My change a mind or two.

Doc
12-26-2005, 16:05
First time viewing for me.

I was at the Detroit Airport this morning and saw a Soldier kissing his family good-bye. Lots of memories came out of that scene for me.

Thanks for posting this.

Doc

Razor
12-26-2005, 19:57
They also play that at Sea World before the Shamu Show, and they ask all of the veterans in the stadium to stand and be recognized afterwards.

We visited Sea World last June. Expecting a crowd, we got there before the park opened. Before the gates opened, a voice came over the parkwide PA and asked everyone to please stop and pay respect to our nation, and then they played the National Anthem before unlocking the gates to let anyone in. Pretty rare act nowadays, and needless to say AB's stock went up in my eyes that day.

Team Sergeant
12-27-2005, 10:34
Not unbelievable, it actually happens.

Happened to me and a couple of Paratroopers (82nd) returning from Desert Storm. I took a C-5A from Saudi to Spain and then to Massachusetts. We were in uniform, dirty, and smelled of oil well fires. We boarded a civilian A/C to fly from Mass to Ft Bragg. We took our seats (four of us) and waited for the plane to take off. The Captain gets on the PA and says the normal pilot stuff and then he says:

"I would also like to extend a warm welcome to the soldiers on our flight, thank you for defending this nation, the nation of Kuwait and our freedom. Welcome back."

The entire A/C ( about 100 +) started clapping and cheering. The flight attendant then came to each of us and asked if we would sit in First Class, as we got up the clapping and the cheering started again. There were just enough seats for all of us. Free beer all the way home……

It happens, we still have patriots out there.

TS