PDA

View Full Version : Christmas or Get Well Soon Card help

JPH
12-19-2005, 16:14
I need some help finding a good Christmas or Get Well Soon Card for a Former Action Guy who is a great mentor to me. He just had massive rotator cuff and other shoulder stuff surgery and is down and out for a bit. He still tries to push it and when the pain really gets to him it hurts in more than just the physical way...

I want to send a Gunfighter or Warrior style / minded card something that will put a smile on his face, something with a good photo or cartoon or something on it and a good quote or saying that will be appropriate for someone like us. Nothing that is all I feel sorry for you and crap, more something that is keep on fighting, can’t wait to get back on the range with you stuff…

If you have a photo and quote combo I am more than willing to put the two together in Photoshop and print it my self.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks
JPH out

Detcord
12-20-2005, 05:16
If the guy really is a mentor to you, why not write him a card??? And no, writing a card is not gay or lame...

Detail how he has helped you become a better, stronger person. List examples of tough times you have had that were made better by his guidance/advice. Mentoring is a labor of love. You can pay your friend back by telling him what a good job he has done helping you and others.

You can find lots of cool looking cards and quotes, and that might be OK for general purpose use, but it sounds like he's a more than just a "general purpose" friend.

Despite the hard outer shell, real tough guys have big hearts with lots of emotion inside. He'd probably really appreciate something unique and heartfelt. You can close with "can't wait to get back on the range with you" or something "macho" like that. You could attach the card to a box of ammo to show the ultimate in class. :)

Just my .02...