11-27-2005, 21:06
Me !!

Bill Harsey
11-27-2005, 21:23
Me too!

Huey14
11-27-2005, 21:44
No.

Now excuse me, I have to cry in the corner.

Team Sergeant
11-28-2005, 08:49
I'll be there.

Kyobanim
11-28-2005, 09:21
Who's taking the camera?

Michelle
11-28-2005, 09:40
I'll bring a camera!!!

This will be the first time in 3 years that I will be there but not have to be working!

:lifter

m1

Bill Harsey
11-28-2005, 09:40
They don't allow cameras in there...

They actually have a security team set up to do nothing but stop photos from being taken. It's a pretty high speed crew too, ask the Team Sergeant or AM.

Bill Harsey
11-28-2005, 09:41
I'll bring a camera!!!

This will be the first time in 3 years that I will be there but not have to be working!

:lifter

m1
This will make your attendance at the Union meeting easier.

Team Sergeant
11-28-2005, 09:48
They don't allow cameras in there...

They actually have a security team set up to do nothing but stop photos from being taken. It's a pretty high speed crew too, ask the Team Sergeant or AM.

This is true. I did however manage to snap their picture to allow our members to view whom their dealing with.....

Michelle
11-28-2005, 10:22
They don't allow cameras in there... It's a pretty high speed crew too, ask the Team Sergeant or AM.

I worked SHOT in 2003 and 2004 (and Classic accross the street 2005).

Cameras come into play AFTER the show closes, when you actually have some good blackmail material worth taking. :D

This will make your attendance at the Union meeting easier.

Mr. Harsey, *I* am now a Union member? Oh.... that's right! I'm the 'Producer' now. :munchin

AND AND AND, if there is an "intimidation walk" for people who rip off other people's knife designs, can I go? ::: please please please::::

m1

Team Sergeant
11-28-2005, 10:31
AND AND AND, if there is an "intimidation walk" for people who rip off other people's knife designs, can I go? ::: please please please::::

m1

ahh such sweet memories....

Mick and Duane were in good form that day. It still brings a tear to my eye recalling the conversation between Mick and ripoff man.

TS

Kyobanim
11-28-2005, 10:36
It still brings a tear to my eye recalling the conversation between Mick and ripoff man.

Elaborate please?

Air.177
11-28-2005, 13:19
I *May* be there this year, and if so I'll be working :(

Ahh well, most of the good stuff is after the show closes anyway

Team Sergeant
11-28-2005, 14:16
Elaborate please?

IIRC we posted some commentary on Mick's forums....

http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/index.php

It was a sight to witness! I was left laughing for days afterward...

Michelle
11-28-2005, 15:25
IIRC we posted some commentary on Mick's forums....

http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/index.php

It was a sight to witness! I was left laughing for days afterward...

For those who don't want to have to sign up and search, synopsis is as follows: (This happened at Blade Atlanta)

[
m1

The Reaper
11-28-2005, 15:47
I worked SHOT in 2003 and 2004 (and Classic accross the street 2005).

Cameras come into play AFTER the show closes, when you actually have some good blackmail material worth taking. :D

m1

Good point.

Should I post the link to the pics of you over at Badlands?

TR

Michelle
11-28-2005, 15:58
Good point.

Should I post the link to the pics of you over at Badlands?

TR

Sir Reaper,

If you are posting a pre-existing link to another public forum, one would assume whatever it is you are "exposing" is already public domain and therefore quite exposed already.

Therefore, your blackmail leverage would be ?

(I know you have an answer to this as you are always four steps ahead of me.... I just can't imagine what it's going to be.....)

;)

m1

The Reaper
11-28-2005, 16:17
Sir Reaper,

If you are posting a pre-existing link to another public forum, one would assume whatever it is you are "exposing" is already public domain and therefore quite exposed already.

Therefore, your blackmail leverage would be ?

(I know you have an answer to this as you are always four steps ahead of me.... I just can't imagine what it's going to be.....)

;)

m1

Please, "blackmail" is such an ugly word....

Most people may have been unaware of the existence of the pics, which I believe you felt were less than complimentary.

Note that I have not posted any links.

Leverage would imply that I need some advantage over you, and that I would stoop to using it.

TR

mumbleypeg
11-28-2005, 18:15
I missed last year and am still pissed about it.
If I can escape the leech pond, I'll be in attendance

Roguish Lawyer
11-28-2005, 19:06
RL, knight in shining armor, hereby reduces TR's leverage over Ms. Michelle. (Lawyers will stoop to anything -- actually, we're already so low, it's not even stooping!) :lifter :D

JMI
11-28-2005, 19:13
um...ah...WOW!

Air.177
11-28-2005, 19:26
RL, knight in shining armor, hereby reduces TR's leverage over Ms. Michelle. (Lawyers will stoop to anything -- actually, we're already so low, it's not even stooping!) :lifter :D

Stooping, No........

Slithering on the other hand:D

I know, I know Too easy a shot to pass up

The Reaper
11-28-2005, 20:24
Stooping, No........

Slithering on the other hand:D

I know, I know Too easy a shot to pass up

Wrong pic, counsel.:D

TR

Michelle
11-28-2005, 20:27

Sweet sweet sweet RL! YES my knight in shining armor!

BUT! That's not such a bad picture.

TR still has leverage. He's got access to a couple of pics from 2 years ago when I was at a show with red-eye jet lagg and a bad case of the flu. They are not pretty. And the Strider guys and the HMX-1 guys kept telling me if I drank more Jack Daniels, it would make me feel better.

They were right!

But they were also very very wrong! :eek:

m1

Edited to add: The fact of the matter is, I am secondary Admin at Badlands directly under FS. So, if I were truly bunched up about having ugly pix of me out there, I could have killed them. Not my style. You will find bad pictures of me as well as posts of people cussing me out. I don't believe in censorship whenever possible. ;)

The Reaper
11-28-2005, 20:36
Sweet sweet sweet RL! YES my knight in shining armor!

BUT! That's not such a bad picture.

TR still has leverage. He's got access to a couple of pics from 2 years ago when I was at a show with red-eye jet lagg and a bad case of the flu. They are not pretty. And the Strider guys and the HMX-1 guys kept telling me if I drank more Jack Daniels, it would make me feel better.

They were right!

But they were also very very wrong! :eek:

m1

Edited to add: The fact of the matter is, I am secondary Admin at Badlands directly under FS. So, if I were truly bunched up about having ugly pix of me out there, I could have killed them. Not my style. You will find bad pictures of me as well as posts of people cussing me out. I don't believe in censorship whenever possible. ;)

Mmm, a little whiskey girl. I like that. Have you ever had Booker's? Sometimes a taste test can be quite informative. :D

As I am sure you are aware, anything posted on the net is subject to being copied to a viewer's computer and stored for future reference. Deleting the pic from the site later will not guarantee that it will not appear again.

Back to the SHOT, yes, I should be there and I will have a camera, somewhere.

TR

Bill Harsey
11-28-2005, 22:06
I missed last year and am still pissed about it.
If I can escape the leech pond, I'll be in attendance
Do you need a pass? If so please advise.

mumbleypeg
11-29-2005, 09:57
Thanks Bill. I'm set.

brianksain
12-15-2005, 18:53
Any of you fine folks going?

I will be there. Booth # 478 in LE Section.

Stop in and say hello.

BK

Ambush Master
12-15-2005, 19:28
Yes!!!

The Reaper
12-15-2005, 19:41
Yep.

TR

Air.177
12-15-2005, 20:07
I don't know if I'll be there or not, If I am I will be at the XS Sights Booth during the day.

brianksain
12-15-2005, 20:08
Good deal!

Will be really good to put a face with the avatar and look at something besides hurricane destruction for a change.

I will be one busy Cajun at that gig ...

See you fellas there.

Bill Harsey
12-15-2005, 20:41
Haven't we already done this thread?

brianksain
12-15-2005, 20:59
Searched it and saw last years thread but none for 2006.

Maybe I overlooked it.

BK

Bill Harsey
12-15-2005, 21:14

Maybe I overlooked it.

BK
No worries Brian,
I'll see ya there. :D

longrange1947
12-15-2005, 21:15
If it is not declared a "boondoogle" again by the higher ups, I will try to make it this year.

Will be in early for the Remington demo.

Hope to see some you guys this year.

Sacamuelas
12-15-2005, 21:39

Maybe I overlooked it.

BK
I found it.... they are merged together now and renamed SHOT 2006

Blarney
12-15-2005, 22:55
I should be in attendance, just look for the wierd kid oogling over all the Paraclete and Eagle gear whilst he wears a battlelab hat.

Ambush Master
12-17-2005, 09:51
Here's some interesting data:

http://www.shotshow.org/App/homepage.cfm?appname=100300&moduleID=2640&LinkID=20259&campaignid=10736&iUserCampaignID=20617476

Later
Martin

Rotor Strike
12-17-2005, 18:35
I'll be there this year. Hopefully the military is going to spring for the trip. If they bitch out, I'll pay my own way out. You'll find me with the Strider guys.

Peregrino
12-17-2005, 19:01
Here's some interesting data:

http://www.shotshow.org/App/homepage.cfm?appname=100300&moduleID=2640&LinkID=20259&campaignid=10736&iUserCampaignID=20617476

Later
Martin

The stats on that link make me want to review all the boots/feet threads here just in case I can find something to make it easier on the "dogs". They were whimpering last year and I don't expect it to be much better this year. Though I do have a good pair of Wellcos this time that are properly broken in. I probably ought to get one of those carry-on luggage thingy's with the wheels and extension handle too. The knapsack last year wasn't big enough and by day's end it felt like a commo ruck. !Si - la chucha me duele! :D Peregrino

JMI
12-17-2005, 19:36
Can anyone attend this or is it invite only?

Peregrino
12-17-2005, 20:24
Can anyone attend this or is it invite only?

It's an industry show - primarilly for vendors/exhibitors and purchasing agents. To the best of my knowledge it is not open to the general public. You have to be credentialed and advanced registered (or call in a favor with somebody who will cover you). FWIW - Peregrino

Air.177
01-04-2006, 22:20
Curses!! Foiled again!!

Well, I have been looking forward to making this show for a year now, unfortunately, you folks will have to Police AM by yourselves. A good friend of mine has invited me on a Bird hunt that weekend and Was recently given just a few months to live. SHOT is a blast, but it will happen again next year, I fear I will not have another chance to walk the fields and enjoy his company.

Take care,
Blake

Michelle
01-04-2006, 22:27
Curses!! Foiled again!!

Well, I have been looking forward to making this show for a year now, unfortunately, you folks will have to Police AM by yourselves. A good friend of mine has invited me on a Bird hunt that weekend and Was recently given just a few months to live. SHOT is a blast, but it will happen again next year, I fear I will not have another chance to walk the fields and enjoy his company.

Take care,
Blake

Clearly the right decision.

You will be missed, but I wish you happiness, joy and added fond memories with your friend.

God bless.

m1

Peregrino
01-04-2006, 22:33
We'll see you next year. Here's hoping the hunting is perfect. And wishing your friend fair winds and a following sea for his next voyage. Peregrino

GackMan
01-05-2006, 01:59
I'll be there.

<-- I look like that.

Team Sergeant
02-07-2006, 10:31
Those of you that wish to meet face to face send me a PM and we'll set up a meet. There's a few of us that will be there.

Or if you find Mr Harsey he'll know where we are.......

See you all at Shot Show.

Team Sergeant

longrange1947
02-07-2006, 15:14
See you guys there Thursday. Coming in tomorrow evening and will be at the show bright and early. :D

DanUCSB
02-09-2006, 23:12
I had a great time last year (it's nice to put names to faces), and will be attending again this year. Unfortunately, responsibilities preclude me from attending before Saturday, as I will be arriving tomorrow evening.

Hope to see many of you again.

Kyobanim
02-10-2006, 08:45
Well I couldn't go to this one but next year it's in Orlando. I got that one covered.

Air.177
02-10-2006, 09:29
Well, I couldn't make it in person, but I am told that my smiling face is on TV out there. Shooting gallery or one of those chows is being shown on one of the tourism channels describing SHOT to visitors in hotels. Apparently a good part of the show had them at the DPMS trigun match following various squads around (Mine included) Nevermind the fact the some Miculek guy and his wife were also on said squad.

Good times all

Blake

militarymoron
02-14-2006, 15:27
had a great time at SHOT - it was a pleasure to see TR, TS and ambush master again. blake, kudos to you for choosing to miss it - hope you get to spend more time with your friend. there'll always be more SHOT shows.
cheers,
MM

Team Sergeant
02-14-2006, 16:12
had a great time at SHOT - it was a pleasure to see TR, TS and ambush master again. blake, kudos to you for choosing to miss it - hope you get to spend more time with your friend. there'll always be more SHOT shows.
cheers,
MM

Ditto MM.

I saw quite a few members from Professionalsoldiers. It was a pleasure to meet and chat with everyone at Shot Show.

TS

longrange1947
02-14-2006, 17:43
Good to see a bunch of you guys at the shot show. Wish I had more time to sit and BS with some of you guys. Wish also that I could have seen more of you. I lost a bunch of numbers form my PDA doing the death hiccup. Hope to see you guys again on another trip.

The Reaper
02-14-2006, 18:18
Ditto MM.

I saw quite a few members from Professionalsoldiers. It was a pleasure to meet and chat with everyone at Shot Show.

TS

Same here.

Great to put faces with names.

TR

GackMan
02-14-2006, 18:23
Now I know who you are.... :cool:

Good to meet and greet with you guys.

stay safe.

Team Sergeant
02-14-2006, 19:24
Now I know who you are.... :cool:

Now that I know what you look like without the beer mug....:rolleyes:

gunnerjohn
02-14-2006, 21:12
It was great to meet all that attended SHOT Show. Hope we can do it again.

Sdiver
02-15-2006, 13:37
Now that I know what you look like without the beer mug....:rolleyes:

Scary, isn't it.:eek:

brianksain
02-17-2006, 13:53
Had a blast.

Got to meet TR, TS, Peregrino and Ambush Master and also a couple of CMH recipients.

Saw pals John Plaster and Longrange.

Also saw Anne and Chris Reeve but missed Mr. Harsey ... a couple of times.

Got drunk as a monkey at the GA Precision party. They say I was in rare form ... whatever that means.:cool:

13 miles of aisles ... crazy. Orlando for 2007.

Best regards,

BK

DanUCSB
02-17-2006, 18:39
H but missed Mr. Harsey ... a couple of times.

Just the opposite for me. Got to chat with Mr. Harsey again, but missed everyone else, unfortunately.

Still, very happy I went.

Michelle
02-19-2006, 20:41
A very BIG thank you for those who made some time to meet me. TS, Mr. Harsey, AM and Gunner John, it was a pleasure and an honor.

And nooooo.... I wasn't askeered when I came down that aisle to find you all lined up in a row accross the thoroughfare.... all you men... and one little redhead walking (limping) up to that gauntlet......

It's rare that I find myself in the presence of people whom you can feel their eyes burn down into the depth of your soul and assess you and measure your worth in a mere 6.4 seconds. I should have had a beer before I walked into that. :D

The rest I'll keep close-hold... I'm like that when things are important to me... other than the moment when TS said "Let me see your hands"... and when I held them out he started laughing and said "I thought you were kidding when you said you had the tiniest hands ever.......... yea.... stay with your 9mm". :lifter

m1

The Reaper
02-19-2006, 21:02
It's rare that I find myself in the presence of people whom you can feel their eyes burn down into the depth of your soul and asses....

m1

Hmm, did you mean assess, or were their eyes lower than they should have been?:munchin

TR

Roguish Lawyer
02-19-2006, 21:04
Hmm, did you mean assess, or were their eyes lower than they should have been?:munchin

TR

LMAO

Ambush Master
02-19-2006, 21:06
... other than the moment when TS said "Let me see your hands"... and when I held them out he started laughing and said "I thought you were kidding when you said you had the tiniest hands ever.......... yea.... stay with your 9mm". :lifter

m1

Fear not Lady!! I've been packing a 9 for MANY YEARS and have put many into the DIRT with it!!! It's not what you pack, or how you pack it......but how you use it!!!!

I hurt from the first I layed eyes on'ya!!! I would have loved to have hugged 'ya, but you were obviously really in a BAD HURT!!!!

Do take care,..and I look forward to our next encounter!!

Later
Martin

Roguish Lawyer
02-19-2006, 21:14
It's not what you pack, or how you pack it......but how you use it!!!!

You know, it's not the size of the wave, it's the motion of the ocean. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself . . . :) ;)

gunnerjohn
02-19-2006, 22:00
Now now TR,
We were all on our best behavior :D
Plus we figured that dynamite does come in small packages and always fear the red hair.

Team Sergeant
02-19-2006, 22:17
A very BIG thank you for those who made some time to meet me. TS, Mr. Harsey, AM and Gunner John, it was a pleasure and an honor.

m1

m1,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Chris. Next time we meet I hope it is on the range. Listen to Ambush Master; 9's work just fine in the right hands. Get better and lets go shooting.

TS

Michelle
02-20-2006, 11:01

TR

LOL. Sir Reaper..... nothing gets by you. Typo fixed!

m1

Bill Harsey
02-21-2006, 17:24
Now now TR,
We were all on our best behavior :D
Plus we figured that dynamite does come in small packages and always fear the red hair.
all of this!
Good to meet ya Ma'am. Get better SOON!

Bill Harsey
03-04-2006, 15:31
Guess who we found at SHOT Show?

Kyobanim
03-04-2006, 15:59

I didn't know was going to be at the SHOT show?

NousDefionsDoc
03-04-2006, 18:50
Bwaaa. But it's plural, did she have her coven...err...cabal there too?

Bill Harsey
03-04-2006, 19:01
Bwaaa. But it's plural, did you have her coven...err...cabal there too?
I believe there were members of an enslaved group there...

Bill Harsey
03-04-2006, 19:03
Any of you guys from Texas recognize this gentleman I had the honor and privilege of spending some time with?

Ambush Master doesn't count. ***Edited to add***: that wasn't said quite right, Ambush Master counts a lot but he was there and met him too so he knows the answer too easy.

OK, anyone outside of Texas?

gunnerjohn
03-04-2006, 21:02
It didn't take you guys very long to locate her in that town either.

The Reaper
03-09-2006, 09:02
Bet you don't have to look far to find the cuffs.

TR

Michelle
03-09-2006, 12:01
WHERE do you keep finding these GREAT shoes please?

m1

rab97
03-11-2006, 15:31
Mr. Harsey, I'm from Texas and that is the great Randy White I do believe.

Bill Harsey
03-11-2006, 18:27
Mr. Harsey, I'm from Texas and that is the great Randy White I do believe.
Yes Sir, You are correct.
Mr. White is also an extraordinary gentleman who is doing some very interesting work, which is why we "was" introduced.

Anyone care to guess what that work is?

Max_Tab
03-17-2006, 08:24
or pay $500+ for a pair of custom-made ones to your feet that get mailed to you in 6 weeks.

I can guess !!!! :lifter

That's for a pair of mountaineering boots right? I can't see spending $500 on anything you can't put a crampon on.

lksteve
03-17-2006, 08:38
That's for a pair of mountaineering boots right? Pivetta's didn't cost that much...

The Reaper
03-17-2006, 10:33
OK today is Dictionary Day...

No, not those.:rolleyes:

Spikes on your boots for ice climbing.

TR

The Reaper
03-17-2006, 11:09
I do detect that TR is in a playful mood on this Fine Friday :D .

I always am, to some degree.

The trick is to figure out where the line is without crossing it.

TR

The Reaper
03-17-2006, 15:44
Noooooo, sometimes you can be just plain grumpy !!! :lifter

I think you have me confused with another person, perhaps my evil twin.

My sense of humor is dry and occasionally a bit acerbic, but it is intact nonetheless, as my former teammates here can readily attest.

Perhaps you are deficient or your humor meter is not properly calibrated for real men, like the XYs here.

TR