PDA

View Full Version : LEO Help

Roguish Lawyer
12-12-2005, 21:32
If anyone knows how to successfully obtain a concealed carry permit in Los Angeles County, please PM me. My understanding is that there isn't even much point in applying, since you probably will be denied and a denial will be a strike against you if you apply elsewhere.

The Reaper
12-12-2005, 21:45
RL:

From packing.org, about the best source there is on this:

http://www.packing.org/state/california/#thisstatehonors

Los Angeles County
General notes
Date updated: Jul 30, 2005 @ 12:35:07 am EDT

CA DOJ records indicate there are 1391 permits in this county as of 2003. County population as of 7/1/2000 = 9,578,468

Here is the link to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department's page for CCW application procedures. This page has links for "Department Retirees - Regular" and "Department Retirees - Reserve", as well as "General Public".

The State Admin has heard from numerous LASD Deputies that CCW permits are now being issued to the civilian populace with a valid cause and the willingness to jump through the same hoops present in other municipalities.

Good luck.

TR

jatx
12-12-2005, 21:46
Go to Packing.org and check out which combination of non-resident permits from other states would give you the best coverage outside of California. Jump through the required hoops and wait until the permits are in hand before applying in CA.

Also, consider getting more involved in local election campaigns and/or applying for an FFL. The latter might help you to demonstrate need.

Roguish Lawyer
12-12-2005, 21:47
Thanks. I've been to that site before, and also to the Sheriff's site. Would like to speak with an LEO in the county about the process before I jump into it.

jatx
12-12-2005, 21:48
Doh! Beat by a mere second on the packing.org tip! :D

Roguish Lawyer
12-12-2005, 21:49
I am told that you can't get an FFL anymore unless you have a real storefront.

Smokin Joe
12-12-2005, 23:56
I am told that you can't get an FFL anymore unless you have a real storefront.

I have heard that as well but cannot confirm it.

Why don't you become a reserve officer?

ChandlerSniper
12-14-2005, 09:16
I am told that you can't get an FFL anymore unless you have a real storefront

That all depends on where your at. I have my FFL at my house. My office is homebased and since I do the majority of my sales from shows and meeting with departments or officers on training days. I have a letter from the city allowing it, as long as I do not conduct more then 10% of my business from walk in customers. That`s not a problem..I don`t allow anyone I don`t know to come over.

CS

El Cid
12-14-2005, 16:13
I saw a thread on a different forum (can't find it for the life of me) that said it's pretty much impossible in LA county unless you are LE. They all said the easiest in that area is San Bernadino County. Of course, "easy" by CA standards may not still be very friendly. Good luck.

Edit: found it -- http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/315105334