PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight Wear

Team Sergeant
03-11-2004, 20:34
What is everyone using to “resurface” their front sights from fair wear and tear? Is there anything out there that lasts longer than a few days?

Sight is a HK USP .45 (For all you sport shooters, I am fully aware of all sorts of short term treatments for a front sight, I am seeking a long term solution or something new on the market I’ve yet to evaluate.)

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
03-16-2004, 17:12
Damn, where are all the serious shooters?
OK where do I get my USP refinished?

TS

The Reaper
03-16-2004, 17:40
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Damn, where are all the serious shooters?
OK where do I get my USP refinished?

TS

I would send it to Robar.

If you don't mind a dull silver color, NP3 is the best finish I have ever used. Teflon and electroless nickel combo.

If you need black, Roguard.

Probably the best of both worlds is their combination NP3 frame and mags, and a Roguarded slide.

Not cheap, but it is the best.

Best part is, you are a lucky dog. Look where they are located.

The Robar Companies, Inc.
21438 North 7th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
United States
Phone: 623.581.2648
Fax: 623.582.0059
Email: info@robarguns.com
http://www.robarguns.com

Team Sergeant
03-16-2004, 18:37
Roger TR.
Will go and have a look see.

TS

Smokin Joe
03-16-2004, 19:47
TS,

They do amazing things at Robar...but a refinish will take 6 weeks last time I checked.

I had a guy do my AR its a Roguard nockoff, same stuff its just not done by Robar, for about 100 bucks, it took me about 2 weeks to get the rifle back. He is a part time Gunsmith in the valley, All he does is stock's and refinshing. Want me to see if I can get his info?

FullGallop
03-18-2004, 19:26
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
What is everyone using to “resurface” their front sights from fair wear and tear? Is there anything out there that lasts longer than a few days?

Sight is a HK USP .45
Team Sergeant

John Norell has a finish that I used on an AR upper and lower. It's a very hard finish that has held up extremely well for me. He has alot of color matches including an H&K black. It is also something you can do yourself with the proper equiptment. Here is the address:

http://www.johnnorrellarms.com

Hope this helps.

Sinister
04-06-2004, 20:15
I don't know if anyone makes one for the HK, but you could try replacing it with a low profile "Patridge" front sight. No matter what it's finished in the sight has a slight "Undercut" on the shooter's side to provide "Shadow" and make it appear darker. Some don't like the fact it MIGHT snag on something.

Air.177
02-06-2005, 16:33
Any news on this front?

What did you decide on TS?

The Reaper
02-06-2005, 16:48
I'm looking back at the title wondering why we would want to plate Front Sight because of wear.

What has her so worn down?

TR

Air.177
02-06-2005, 16:57
Must be that,"Razor edge" getting to her :D

alphamale
02-06-2005, 19:42
Sir TR, for your edification, I will post some attire 100% appropriate to the weapons forum and to the topic.

As opposed to what that rascal Mr. Harsey deems appropriate ::fswhip::.

FrontSight

alphamale
02-06-2005, 20:14
Pic 1 - A cape from the coolest cape store in Madrid, Spain, suitable for concealing multiple types of weapons, several HKs, and at least 1 MP5.

Pic 2 - A cape + mask from a mask store in Venice Italy, suitable for concealing all the above weapons + identity.

Pic 3 - The mask-maker. I watched him for ~ 1 hour. Got the one on the left.

FrontSight

The Reaper
02-06-2005, 20:25
I think Mr. Harsey had a catalog and was shopping for you again at the SHOT Show.

TR