PDA

View Full Version : Request for Assistance

The Reaper
12-06-2005, 17:57
I don't normally disseminate these, but this one caught my eye and is not on Snopes, yet, anyway.

This kid is getting a card from me, ASAP. If he has more than he can use, I hope that he passes it on to another servicemember there.

Hope that others feel the same way. Let's quit talking and start doing.

TR

"This morning on the FOX morning news/talk show, there was a story about Col. Ollie North and Col. Hunt (both members of the FOX news staff) visiting wounded US mil service members at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. They were talking to a recently wounded in Iraq soldier, a Joshua Sparling, who is recovering/re-hab'ing. On a wall next to the young paratrooper's bed was a single card that said someting akin to "die GI".....

Some anti-war and anti-US military puke had sent this soldier an "I hope you die" get well card. It was the only card that this brave kid had received. True to form, he put it on the wall next to his bed as an inspiration to recover, rehab and get back to his unit and 82nd buds.

Both the Colonels and the FOX news people thought this brave kid was an inspiration and certainly deserving better than a one time "go die" card....

Very likely written by a liberal democrat........

So, FOX put out his name and address at Walter Reed so he can get some Get Well Cards...... Bet you a $100 that his Xmas stocking is going to be overrun with cards and another $100 that he shares them with the other WIA's at Walter Reed. If there was ever a reason to go out and by a card this is it......

Send it on to everyone you know.

Name: Joshua Sparling
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, D.C 20307-5001

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 18:24
Hopefully the sender of the "get well card" will suffer some cruel fate.

Card will be written and sent. I think I'll include a couple of phone cards for him too. Thanks TR.

BMT (RIP)
12-06-2005, 18:37
TR, I think this is for real. He is in my son's unit.

BMT

aricbcool
12-06-2005, 18:42
Hopefully the sender of the "get well card" will suffer some cruel fate.

Card will be written and sent. I think I'll include a couple of phone cards for him too. Thanks TR.

Gypsy,

The phone card idea is a good one.

Is there a specific kind of phone card to get, or will any one do the trick?

--Aric

The Reaper
12-06-2005, 18:42
TR, I think this is for real. He is in my son's unit.

BMT

In that case, he has a care package coming to him.

Real Americans love their soldiers who fight for them.

Thanks for the confirmation!

TR

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 18:47
Gypsy,

The phone card idea is a good one.

Is there a specific kind of phone card to get, or will any one do the trick?

--Aric

Aric, since he's CONUS any type should do.

aricbcool
12-06-2005, 18:50
Aric, since he's CONUS any type should do.

Good point.

Thanks,
Aric

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 18:54
Real Americans love their soldiers who fight for them.

TR

Amen.

No problem Aric, I generally purchase the Sprint cards FWIW.

jatx
12-06-2005, 18:55
Last year, I sent about a dozen phone cards to soldiers at Walter Reed in lieu of normal Christmas presents for my extended family. The gesture was appreciated by all and will be repeated this year. CVS usually has the best deals, and the store manager will often give you an extra discount if you tell him where they're going.

Ambush Master
12-06-2005, 19:01
Last year, I sent about a dozen phone cards to soldiers at Walter Reed in lieu of normal Christmas presents for my extended family. The gesture was appreciated by all and will be repeated this year. CVS usually has the best deals, and the store manager will often give you an extra discount if you tell him where they're going.

Check SAM's Club, they have them for $.029/minute !! Tough to beat !!!

Later
Martin

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 19:03

I remember that little challenge we had going on here last year. Sprint was offering the cards buy one get one free, I did get mine at CVS too.

Thanks AM, will have to check them out!

Aequitas
12-06-2005, 19:39
BlackFive ran this the other day. This link comes from his post about the incident. Has an actual picture of the card and everything.

http://twobabesandabrain.typepad.com/two_babes_and_a_brain/2005/12/here_it_is.html

Sully

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 19:46
Looks like this is a more complete address from the above blog. Thanks Aequitas, hadn't checked in on the BlackFive blog this week.

Joshua Sparling
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Ave NW
Bldg. 2 Ward 57
Washington, DC 20307-5001

BMT (RIP)
12-06-2005, 19:52
About Friday this young man will probably have atleast 2 mail clerks to handle his mail and packages! :munchin

BMT

Bill Harsey
12-06-2005, 20:01
Thanks for the heads up, just printed this out and will do something first thing in the morning.

aricbcool
12-06-2005, 21:05
Just stopped by Sam's Club. They've got AT&T cards for in the US only with 120 minutes for $6.30. Prices may vary depending on your geographical location. I dunno.

--Aric

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 21:09
That's not a bad price at all, thanks for the info Aric.

JPH
12-06-2005, 21:20
Two cards will be bought on the way to work in the AM, one nested in the other, one to him thanking him for his service and a request that he hold the second card, that simply thanks the receiver for his/her service, until he sees someone else there that isn’t getting any support whether that time is now or weeks from now is up to him.

I thank you all for bringing this BS to our attention, it makes me sick…. I will stop there,

I would like to thank all members who are or have served our great country.

JPH out

blustr18b
12-06-2005, 21:42
This story was also confirmed on the Proud Army Moms website

This young man is in for a BIG surprize!
blustr

Bill Harsey
12-06-2005, 21:48
This story was also confirmed on the Proud Army Moms website

This young man is in for a BIG surprize!
blustr
Thanks.
Your right about the surprise if the folks at ProfessionalSoldiers.com have anything to do with it.

By the way, what's allowed in a military hospital care package/letter?

The Reaper
12-06-2005, 21:54
Thanks.
Your right about the surprise if the folks at ProfessionalSoldiers.com have anything to do with it.

He is in a military hospital in DC.

No guns, ammo, illegal drugs, or alcohol.

I would also recommend no high value items, weapons, etc.

Just my .02.;)

TR

Gypsy
12-06-2005, 23:05
Thanks.

In addition to what TR stated re packages, sometimes simple things go a long way such as hygiene products, crossword puzzle books, hand held games are nice. And the inevitable candy, breakfast bars, trail mix etc, loose fitting sweat pants, socks, tee shirts....

Martin
12-07-2005, 07:06
Thanks for bringing this up.

Heading out now.

Martin

VelociMorte
12-07-2005, 09:28
On the way. Normally, children hold a special place in my heart, but with whoever sent that card...my only wish is that he never has the opportunity to contribute to the gene pool.

Bill Harsey
12-07-2005, 18:04
Package out at 3:30 today.

SP5IC
12-07-2005, 18:54
"This morning on the FOX morning news/talk show, there was a story about Col. Ollie North and Col. Hunt (both members of the FOX news staff) visiting wounded US mil service members at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. They were talking to a recently wounded in Iraq Marine, a Joshua Sparling, who is recovering/re-hab'ing. On a wall next to the young Marines bed was a single card that said someting akin to "die Marine."

I thought that the Marines & Sailors were at Bethesda Naval Hospital. Why would this young Marine be at Walter Wonderful?

BMT (RIP)
12-07-2005, 18:56
He is assign to Co. "C" 3/504.

BMT

Bill Harsey
12-07-2005, 19:38
Walter Reed Military patient location phone no.: 202-782-1150.
No answer after 5 calls.

Walter Reed Innformation: 202-782-3501
No human available after several calls

Walter Reed (something else...)
No human there either.

mugwump
12-07-2005, 19:39
Package sent.

I went into Radio Shack, they've got a nice $79 portable DVD player - Axion® 3.6" Personal DVDPlayer if anyone is interested (that's after rebate). They had to call around to find one (they were sold out). The sales clerk was a bit, unmotivated shall we say, so I told him where it was going to give him a kickstart. It worked, and he found one at a nearby store. People at the counter who overheard me talking to the clerk started pulling out $20 bills and handing them to me. It financed a few DVDs as well.

Most people are good and, in my experience, most kids around here are patriotic.

Edit: I put "Or Any Soldier" as line 2 in the address (I know, that'll tick off the Marines). I've found that to be a good policy -- these young men move around to rehab, etc. WR knows to pass these "Any Soldier" packages on to another needy soul if the recipient is gone. Otherwise it's a strain on WR's resources to forward it.

Bill Harsey
12-07-2005, 19:54
OK,
I called the one no. for Walter Reed that I saved for last,
"Emergency" and asked for an (expletive deleted) operator and got one.

That gentleman, obviously military, went down his list and not only found a Joshua Sparling but transfered my call to his ward.
I explained my business, that of Professional Soldiers.com, to Julie. She said he was there but could give out no information on Mr. Sparling. Julie then asked what mail address we have and she confirmed the one Gypsy posted. Julie said it is very nice that we are thinking of him and he will appreciate it.

We have a good address here,
Send away folks!

Gypsy
12-07-2005, 19:56
People at the counter who overheard me talking to the clerk started pulling out $20 bills and handing them to me. It financed a few DVDs as well.

That's simply awesome!

Gypsy
12-07-2005, 19:59
Mr. Harsey you rock!

aricbcool
12-07-2005, 21:00
I put "Or Any Soldier" as line 2 in the address (I know, that'll tick off the Marines). I've found that to be a good policy -- these young men move around to rehab, etc. WR knows to pass these "Any Soldier" packages on to another needy soul if the recipient is gone. Otherwise it's a strain on WR's resources to forward it.

Good idea, mugwump. I'll be putting that on my card as well.

Mr. Harsey, thanks for all your work confirming the address. Much appreciated, Sir.

--Aric

Bill Harsey
12-07-2005, 21:03
Good idea, mugwump. I'll be putting that on my card as well.

Mr. Harsey, thanks for all your work confirming the address. Much appreciated, Sir.

--Aric
Reaper and Gypsy already had it right.
I just needed something to do while hiding from my wife.:D

aricbcool
12-07-2005, 21:20
Reaper and Gypsy already had it right.
Roger that.

I just needed something to do while hiding from my wife.:D
Keep your head down Sir, and remember rule number 29 about wives: If you can see your wife, she can see you. If you can't see your wife, you may be seconds away from domestic chores or clothes shopping. :D

--Aric

The Reaper
12-07-2005, 21:23
Roger that.

Keep your head down Sir, and remember rule number 29 about wives: If you can see your wife, she can see you. If you can't see your wife, you may be seconds away from domestic chores or clothes shopping. :D

--Aric

I thought that it was, "If you can be seen, you can be hit and if you can be hit, you can be killed".

Maybe that applied to something else, but it still seems somehow apropos here.

TR

mugwump
12-07-2005, 21:35
Reaper sir, I hope this isn't seen as a hijack, it's more of an extension of the good thoughts.

I used to develop IV antibiotics used in serious burn victims -- I spent a lot of time at Brooke AMC/Sam Houston and it's never left my thoughts. The staff are amazing and the patients are heroic. These young men and women also need as much encouragement as they can get. They currently need pool cues/pool chalk, ping pong nets/paddles/balls, XBox games, board games, gifts for all ages with Christmas cards and wrapping paper (they all have family - little sisters, brothers, sons, daughters - who they want to send presents to, anything you send can be used by one of them).

If you have junior/senior high kids this is a great project for them, they really get into it. It's quick to organize via the student council. Each grade can be assigned an item category: postage money and boxes, games, cards, hygiene items, pool/ping pong, etc. Garbage cans set up in the cafeteria act as drop off points. If you do this don't forget that it takes $$$ to mail the items. We've had success hitting up large local businesses. Don't underestimate the need for cash.

We're doing Landstuhl; we had two local kids there.

I feel sorry for the kid who wrote that sick letter -- his parents should be horse-whipped. Kids are good when given a chance.

Edit: Flat-rate priority mail boxes are free and will cut your postage by 50%. PM me if you want advice, our town's been doing this for years. Only Gypsy has sent more stuff. :)

Contacts:

MGySgt Herminia Whitzel
Brooke Army Medical Center
3851 Roger Brooke Dr. (Bldg 3600)
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-6200
Herminia.Whitzel@amedd.army.mil

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center
Department Of Pastoral Services
CMR 402
APO AE 09180
E-mail Phillip McDonald
Phillip.McDonald@LND.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL

Womack Army Medical Center
ATTN: CH (MAJ) John Kiser
E-mail: john.kiser@amedd.army.mil
MCXC-CH (DMPC)
Bldg 42817 Reilly Road
Fort Bragg, NC 28310

CHAPLAIN (MAJ) TIMOTHY C. MONTGOMERY
2125 GARRISON SUPPORT UNIT (FWD) (ABN)
AT-5722 PRATT STREET, STOP A
FORT BRAGG, NC 28310-7500
Email : timothy.c.montgomery@us.army.mil

JPH
12-07-2005, 22:12
Renewed hope in people of all walks of life….

So I got my two cards I was talking about on the way to work… only my manager was there so I told him about the cards and we opted to get them out when more people were there to write in the…. Long story short I left for school at Missouri State University, took the cards with me so they didn’t get beat up… while sitting in class telling a friend about everything, she ask if she could write something in it… with in a moments I am in front of the whole room of “liberal college puck” students explaining what had happened then with in seconds I can’t move fast enough, people at lining up to write in these cards.

After 4 years of hearing these people bad mouth things I believe in; they all ban together and prove me at lest a bit wrong…

Needless to say there wasn’t any room to have the guys at work write in them….

They may not see things from my view point and I may think they don’t understand and think they are wrong…. But they have harts and they know what is right and wrong…. I filled two large cards in maybe 15 minuets… I plan to by a few more cards and then mail them all with the “or any soldier” line.

After seeing these people come together and do the right thing I can’t imagine the level of scum the person who sent the ‘you die’ card is…. I didn’t like these people very much before today. So what dose that say about the person who wrote that other card?

JPH
out

Gordon
12-07-2005, 22:26
OK,
I called the one no. for Walter Reed that I saved for last,
"Emergency" and asked for an (expletive deleted) operator and got one.

That gentleman, obviously military, went down his list and not only found a Joshua Sparling but transfered my call to his ward.
I explained my business, that of Professional Soldiers.com, to Julie. She said he was there but could give out no information on Mr. Sparling. Julie then asked what mail address we have and she confirmed the one Gypsy posted. Julie said it is very nice that we are thinking of him and he will appreciate it.

We have a good address here,
Send away folks!

Above and beyond work Mr. Harsey, despite what ever motives drove you to do so.

Card enroute.

adidasink
12-08-2005, 10:12
Card bought, filling it out now and will be sending.

As a civilian getting ready for the long journey into military life and ultimately as a QP....I am thankful for people like this good Marine....I plan on writing someting very personal to him to hopefully raise his spirits....and that portable DVD player was an awesome idea. My wife was in the hospital for 5 months (necrotizing faciitis, sepsis, and a whole range of nasties) and we were sent a portable DVD player that was used so much and provided a chance for her to forget that she was in the hospital.....so that is going to give this Marine a chance to do the same. I plan on going to Target today on my lunch break and buying him a DVD...something comedy based to lift his spirits...any ideas? I have a few..Deuce Bigelow European Jigilo, or maybe the new Family Guy DVD collection....yeah..the Family Guy collection....

On a side note...when my wife finally was released from the hospital I had to learn how to administer antibiotic IV, and clean and pack open wounds...I almost thought about going for the 18D instead of the 18E only because of my "experiece" in that...and the knowing I was helping heal someone...

Anyway I digress.....this true American Hero is going to receive a card with some personal sentiments and a copy of the new Family Guy DVD set to put a smile or two and a few chuckles on his face....it is the very least I can do.

-John

mugwump
12-08-2005, 12:32
I plan on going to Target today on my lunch break and buying him a DVD...something comedy based to lift his spirits...any ideas?

Already sent:

24 season 3
Bourne Supremacy
Dawn of the Dead
Dodgeball
Girl Next Door
Kingdom of Heaven
Man On Fire

Recommend:

Anchorman
Incredibles
A Cristmas Story (Red Ryder BB gun)
The first Bourne movie
Underworld - Kate Beckinsdale in tight leather, that'll cheer him up

Gypsy
12-08-2005, 20:14
Edit: Flat-rate priority mail boxes are free and will cut your postage by 50%. PM me if you want advice, our town's been doing this for years. Only Gypsy has sent more stuff. :)

You really can get a lot in the flat rate boxes if you pack them tight, saves tons of money on shipping too. More room for goodies and stuff.

I just do what I can with what I have mugwump, but thanks. We're in the same AO, should combine our efforts sometime.

one-zero
12-10-2005, 11:54
I'll be at WR Monday and see if they let me drop by...

pbr549xxx
12-10-2005, 13:36
He is assign to Co. "C" 3/504.

BMT

That is correct. Josh Sparling is a Paratrooper in the 82nd Abn. Charlie Company 3-504 PIR.

blustr18b
12-10-2005, 13:47
I mailed 2 cards to our young Josh, and gave the address to my daughter to share with her friends, who have already wrote cards and letters! These girls are on student council, and are currently organizing drives for the soldiers at their jr./sr. high school. Mugwump, thanks for the addresses! I'll put some boxes together this week with the kids. This was all over Proud Army Moms also!
blustr18b

pbr549xxx
12-14-2005, 13:02
I just wanted to thank all of you Quiet Professionals for taking care of one of our Paratroopers. I know he will appreciate it.

AATW

Bill Harsey
12-14-2005, 13:39
I'll be at WR Monday and see if they let me drop by...
Tell us if you make contact and Thanks.

The Reaper
12-14-2005, 16:37
I just wanted to thank all of you Quiet Professionals for taking care of one of our Paratroopers. I know he will appreciate it.

AATW

No worries, just glad to hear that he was not a Marine.:D

He should have gotten a package from us today, hope that he enjoys it and has a Merry Christmas. I invited him to drop in here if he gets the chance.

Thanks again to all of the real Americans here who send a card or a package or said a prayer for their All-American soldier. That is what this site is all about. Appreciate the support.

De Oppresso Liber.

TR

Doc
12-14-2005, 17:05
Christmas Card out to Joshua. I invited him on here as well.

Thanks to the fantastic efforts by our members.

Doc

blackkn
12-14-2005, 17:25
Going to get a card and am planning on having my kids make one as well.

BMT (RIP)
12-14-2005, 18:44
Josh underwent 12-18 hours surgery today. They are trying to save his leg!!

BMT

Gypsy
12-14-2005, 21:17

BMT

Prayers out as well...

casey
12-14-2005, 21:43
Sent him several of our "special" shirts from the shop last week - delivered today.

Bill Harsey
12-14-2005, 22:23

BMT
That's some serious longass surgery. Hope it does what it's supposed to.
Thanks all you other guys and Gals for checking in here.

Casey, How much are your special T-shirts in 3XL?

blustr18b
12-15-2005, 00:17
Prayers for Joshua and his family! Hope his surgery went well.

Roycroft201
12-15-2005, 01:21

BMT

Thanks for the update, sir. Please keep us posted on how Josh is doing.

Roycroft 201

hoepoe
12-15-2005, 01:53
I wish Josh a speedy and full recovery.

Hoepoe

Endorphin Rush
12-15-2005, 02:33
TR,

Card sent.

I hope you don't mind, but I forwarded this info to all of the LEO's on my mail list, also. And to my wife, who works for a supplier to one of the largest petroleum producers on the east coast. Joshua should understand the true measure of our support very shortly.

Prayers out to him.

casey
12-15-2005, 08:05
That's some serious longass surgery. Hope it does what it's supposed to.
Thanks all you other guys and Gals for checking in here.

Casey, How much are your special T-shirts in 3XL?

While I'm sure Chelsea would appreciate the thought brother Bill.... She doesn't look to be a 3XL to me.

Bill Harsey
12-15-2005, 08:40
While I'm sure Chelsea would appreciate the thought brother Bill.... She doesn't look to be a 3XL to me.
First, Prayers out to Josh for good healing on that leg and a thanks to the Docs for taking the time to try and get it right.

Casey, that's too damn funny! :D
I was actually thinking of getting her one of Rush's "Club Gitmo" shirts. I could hand deliver it to her, she's staying in a nice hotel just up the road.

blackkn
12-16-2005, 21:25
Got card and kids will be making some this wkend.

Hope things improve for him.

catd11r
12-16-2005, 22:42
Sirs, Thank you for his address. He will certainly be receiving a care package, and a long thank you note.

frostfire
12-17-2005, 01:18
always nice to see a soldier well taken care of. Prayer sent for his recovery.

He couldn't have expected such morbid card turn to a feast for him and his comrades. I hope we get to hear from them here.

mugwump
12-19-2005, 11:28
Anyone heard how the surgery went?

Bill Harsey
12-21-2005, 09:31
I just got a nice thank you card back from Josh.

Hang in there Josh and keep healing.

The Reaper
12-21-2005, 14:32

BMT

BMT, what is new with our young soldier this week?

TR

BMT (RIP)
12-21-2005, 14:38
I don't have any news on Josh.

BMT

Ambush Master
12-21-2005, 15:11
They're fixing to interview him on the show!! I'll let'chya know what he says.

Max_Tab
12-27-2005, 21:55
They're fixing to interview him on the show!! I'll let'chya know what he says.

Did they interview him? Wish I could of heard it.

The Reaper
12-30-2005, 19:28
I got a nice thank you note from him.

Seems like a sharp young kid.

TR

BMT (RIP)
01-27-2006, 16:22
WRAMC was able to save Josh's leg!! :lifter

BMT

The Reaper
01-27-2006, 16:41

BMT

Outstanding news!

Well done, WRAMC and Josh.

TR

Gypsy
01-27-2006, 18:04
Fantastic news, thanks BMT!

lrd
01-27-2006, 18:44

BMT
Excellent news!

Gypsy
05-21-2006, 16:27
Thought you all might like to read this....it's a letter from Joshua's father.

http://gunnnutt.blogspot.com/2006/05/day-in-life-of-hero.html

The Reaper
05-21-2006, 17:18
"Another lady spoke up and said, “That’s what you get for fighting in a war we have no business in.” Madder and very emotional I asked, “Can’t you remember 9-11?” She responded that was just our excuse to be in Iraq when we should not be there and we deserved whatever we got."

She (or her mother) probably went to the airport to spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam and called them "baby killers".

I really hope that there is a special place in Hell for her and all those who even think like they do.

TR

Gypsy
05-21-2006, 17:24
I originally refrained from posting my thoughts on that woman because I was...well...let's just say I was beyond angry. Suffice it to say had I been around she'd have been repeatedly kicked until she was at the other side of the terminal.

Five-O
05-21-2006, 18:56
First thing in the morning...going to pass a card for all the guys at work to sign along with a nice little care package. Will have it out in the mail by wed-thurs.

Thanks TR

The Reaper
05-21-2006, 19:11
Five-O.

No worries, I sent him a package when I first saw the story, as did many here.

Hope that doesn't come across as chest thumping, I just thought that was the right thing to do.

I am sure that he will appreciate you and your people's support as well.

Take care and prayers out for Josh.

TR

Bill Harsey
05-21-2006, 19:16
Do we have a current PO Box for Josh?
I want to follow up with him.
Bill

Gypsy
05-21-2006, 20:12
I've requested his new address, as soon as I get it I'll let you know.

Bill Harsey
05-21-2006, 20:16
I've requested his new address, as soon as I get it I'll let you know.
Thank you very much.
If it's a home address, probably best to not post it on an open forum.
Just thinking out loud.
Bill

Gypsy
05-21-2006, 20:18
Agreed Mr. H. I would only pass it along via PM's to folks here that are known.

Gypsy
05-22-2006, 19:36
Since this is not a personal address, and is the same as provided by TR in his original post...here's the scoop. Josh's mail will be held at Walter Reed until he returns in June. The staff will make sure he gets everything sent to him so you can address cards and letters as such:

PFC Joshua Sparling
c/o WRAMC
6900 Georgia Ave., NW Bldg. 20

Team Sergeant
05-22-2006, 19:44
Since this is not a personal address, and is the same as provided by TR in his original post...here's the scoop. Josh's mail will be held at Walter Reed until he returns in June. The staff will make sure he gets everything sent to him so you can address cards and letters as such:

PFC Joshua Sparling
c/o WRAMC
6900 Georgia Ave., NW Bldg. 20

Thanks Gypsy.

Team Sergeant

Gypsy
05-22-2006, 19:47
My pleasure TS. I'm sure he will very much enjoy reading the cards/letters and opening the packages that I know will be sent his way. :lifter

slcraig
05-22-2006, 20:47
It's a long way from Australia to WRAMC, but will be sending a package soon. Airmail will get it to him okay. Thanks for the info, I don't think we could ever do enough for these fine men.

Cincinnatus
05-22-2006, 21:16
Someone once said that free speech allows "others to say that which you find most offensive", or words to that effect. I think that this is as good a definition as I've ever heard and one I tend to agree with. I'm generally tolerant of other's opinions. I was therefore a bit surprised at the absolute RAGE I felt when I read that woman's comments.

I do believe if I'd been present I would have voiced some unkind words of my own.