PDA

View Full Version : Rapper Kills Himself With Pen Gun

The Reaper
12-06-2005, 13:28
There should be a law against stupiddity as well, but Darwin is unenforcable in court.

Shouldn't this guy have been named Steven McCoy-Horn-Zorn?

TR

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177807,00.html

Rapper Shoots Himself With Pen Gun
Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ST. PARIS, Ohio — Steven Zorn had put the pen gun to his head and clicked before, apparently thinking it was jammed and would not work.

But on the third try, the tiny silver pistol went off as the 22-year-old budding rap artist was drinking to celebrate an impending record deal. He died at a hospital.

The Nov. 18 shooting at Zorn's home in this rural village of 2,000, about 50 miles northeast of Dayton, is believed to have been accidental, according to family, friends and law enforcement officials.

"Steven had a career and his dreams all ahead of him," said Zorn's mother, Lisa McCoy-Horn. She said she wants lawmakers to outlaw pen guns, which are small-caliber, single-shot weapons that resemble pens.

Zorn had taught himself to play the keyboard and record tracts using inexpensive software on his home computer. He tracked down rap artist Miracle in Georgia and urged the crunk artist to listen to a CD of his original recordings.

"The lyrical content was awesome," Miracle said. "He had a lot of skill. I took a liking to him, took him under my wing."

Air.177
12-06-2005, 13:44
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pen guns are ALREADY OUTLAWED!!!! A true "Pen Gun" like the old MAC "Stinger" is considered an Any Other Weapon or AOW and is highly regulated and subject to registration and taxation, just like a machine gun, suppressor, or destructive device. What kind of moron plays Russian Roulette with a single shot pistol. Well, I guess that answers that.

SOGvet
12-06-2005, 14:47
But on the third try, the tiny silver pistol went off..

Duh... you know what they say.. "some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you..."

This Einstein's destiny was imminent.

jbour13
12-06-2005, 14:54
Duh... you know what they say.. "some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you..."

This Einstein's destiny was imminent.

Where can I buy said bear and let it run amok until it's heart is content. Maryland would be over populated with this breed if they existed. :D

Sure are a lot of Darwin award recipients in waiting. ;)

QRQ 30
12-06-2005, 15:02
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pen guns are ALREADY OUTLAWED!!!! A true "Pen Gun" like the old MAC "Stinger" is considered an Any Other Weapon or AOW and is highly regulated and subject to registration and taxation, just like a machine gun, suppressor, or destructive device. What kind of moron plays Russian Roulette with a single shot pistol. Well, I guess that answers that.

I think they are talking of a "Zip Gin". One of my first weapons in school.:confused:

The Dave
12-06-2005, 16:05
Does it make me a bad person if I'm laughing hysterically after reading this?

Bravo1-3
12-06-2005, 16:18
And for about 10 seconds, societies collective IQ went up about .000001 points.

Bob1984
12-06-2005, 16:23

You're correct, it is an AOW, same as a cane gun or any firearm that isn't readily identifiable as a firearm. Same as those cell phone guns. There's a $200 making tax, but the transfer fee is $5. IIRC, have to be a Class II or Class III dealer to transfer them. You could make one for your own use as long as you pay the making tax/go through the proper ATF forms (same as making a suppressor or a SBR), but I highly doubt anything like that was done with the pen gun in this incident. Yeah, I heard of someone playing Russian Roulette with a 1911 once. It ended badly for him and of course, alcohol was involved here as well. He actually was nominated for a Darwin award, I think it was back in 2000.

Team Sergeant
12-06-2005, 17:24
Some bipeds only purpose in life is to serve as an example......:rolleyes:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

Peregrino
12-06-2005, 17:54
One less rapper to pollute the gene pool and corrupt impressionable idiots with lyrics and lifestyle choices that are detrimental to civilized society. Nice of this one to eliminate himself before his buddies got jealous and did it for him. At least as a relative unknown we don't have to worry about legions of idiot fans forming a cult. Sorry - I have serious problems with rap (or anything resembling it), it's practicioners, and anyone who holds it up as an acceptable standard of life/music/etc. My .02 - Peregrino

The Reaper
12-06-2005, 18:09
One less rapper to pollute the gene pool and corrupt impressionable idiots with lyrics and lifestyle choices that are detrimental to civilized society. Nice of this one to eliminate himself before his buddies got jealous and did it for him. At least as a relative unknown we don't have to worry about legions of idiot fans forming a cult. Sorry - I have serious problems with rap (or anything resembling it), it's practicioners, and anyone who holds it up as an acceptable standard of life/music/etc. My .02 - Peregrino

Yo yo yo, like don't be a hater, Sahge!

Hate the game, not the playah!

A lesson his mother should learn.

TR

aricbcool
12-06-2005, 18:31

TR

What bizarre dimension have I walked into today? First I get the in depth lesson on menstrual myth and legend. http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103042&postcount=14
And now TR is channeling ebonics???
Lordy!

LOL :D

jon448
12-06-2005, 18:35

TR
TR sir,
that has to be one of the BEST quotes I have seen on here in a while. Thats getting nominated for a 2005 2nd half best quote. Alright off to go spend a few hours in the lab with the rest of the nerds... err... I mean electrical engineering majors.:cool:

aricbcool
12-06-2005, 18:40
TR sir,
that has to be one of the BEST quotes I have seen on here in a while. Thats getting nominated for a 2005 2nd half best quote. Alright off to go spend a few hours in the lab with the rest of the nerds... err... I mean electrical engineering majors.:cool:

You beat me to it! :D

--Aric

jatx
12-06-2005, 18:58
Pen guns for everyone!!! First shipments to be prioritized for delivery to California and Iraq!

G
12-06-2005, 19:15
Ok.....the Steven McCoy-Horn-Zorn thing has floored me. I can't even type I'm laughing so hard.

Nice work TR...

G

Huey14
12-06-2005, 19:19
I'll take two, jaxt.

The Dave
12-07-2005, 00:24
Pen guns for everyone!!! First shipments to be prioritized for delivery to California and Iraq!

Can I get one? And have it shipped to Kanye West with similar instructions that this idiot followed?

Pretty please?

Detcord
12-08-2005, 03:48
Does it make me a bad person if I'm laughing hysterically after reading this?

No.:munchin

brianksain
12-14-2005, 22:56
Gives a whole new meaning to "pen whipped" ...:cool:

casey
12-15-2005, 06:59

TR

Christ Sir I now have an image of you in a skullie, 5XL t-shirt, low hangin pants, upside down sunglasses, flashin' 7th Group hand signs cross yo chest while muggin this out - the last sign of the fookin apocalypse.

From personal experience, I have always tried to impress on every young rapper I've met that they should aspire to continue to sink lower on the civilization ladder, and avoid those pesky work ethic driven dreams of a future. My logic is quite simple, I have never - ever, drug one of dem to a rescue squad either dead or dyin' that wasn't thinkin' about, planning on, or just getting ready to become, a college student, doctor, good father, lawyer, or civic leader, or so it was later related via the media - hence i can only surmise that dreams kill. I'm just here to help.