PDA

View Full Version : NREMT-P for 18D?

ender18d
11-29-2005, 03:20
I keep hearing rumblings that the schoolhouse may get back the ability to grant NREMT-P certification to 18D's (just read it again in the other paramedic thread in this forum)... Does anyone on here have any first-hand knowledge of this? If this rumor is true, how would this affect guys who have already gone through the course but did not have the chance to get NREMT-P certified? Would we be grandfathered in and given the chance to test?

Thanks in advance!

Gordon
12-03-2005, 02:37
I am currently in the course now. When we first arrived we were told that anyone past or present who is 18D certified will be given the equivilant associates degree, sometime within this comming year, in an unspecified area... Come next monday I can have the details on what that is, and also a direct answer to your question about emt-p.

ender18d
12-03-2005, 02:43
Thanks for the help! I'll look forward to finding out more.

-Ender

Eagle5US
12-03-2005, 11:15
I am currently in the course now. When we first arrived we were told that anyone past or present who is 18D certified will be given the equivilant associates degree, sometime within this comming year, in an unspecified area... Come next monday I can have the details on what that is, and also a direct answer to your question about emt-p.
Associates degree??? In what? "Special Operations Medicine?" From what accredited college?
Please do shed the light.
I would find this most interesting...

Eagle

Gordon
12-06-2005, 16:21
I had the oprotunity to talk to Col. Olivito today, who is basicly the big cheese when it comes to the socm portion of the course. As it stands right now EMT-P is currently not being sponsered by the school. But the school house is expecting promising results sometime next year to be allowed to give that certification out. (not set in stone)

Concerning the college education. Tentativly next year you can be awarded an associates in an undetermined medical feild, what it will be is still under negotiation (Some kind of medical technologies degree as the rumor goes.... Not sure what that would actually entail) Cambell University is who the school house is working the issue through.

What the schoolhouse is actually trying to do, in addition, is get certified as a junior college, which leads me to beilve that we will actually be the ones to award the degree, worth 64 credit hours. Also stated though was that when you have completed the course you can attend classes at Cambell University to work towards your bachlors. This basicly sums up everything he told me, but i also have a contact number for the man in charge of some of the programs run through the school that i will send you via pm. Any other 18D who are interested i would be more then happy to send you as well. I just hope the guy doesn't get a train load of phone calls...

Also don't get the impression that the college credits are set in stone eaither. But I was reasured that it will be more likly then not.

D9 (RIP)
12-13-2005, 15:35
Associates degree??? In what?

"Allied Health," is what our class was told.

Koob
12-13-2005, 19:02
Hey D9, I'll try and catchup with you about this as we haven't been told anything and I would like to know, as would a few class mates I'm sure.

Eagle5US
12-13-2005, 19:11
I would consider this strictly as RUMOR until someone graduates and has it in hand.

Eagle

Delta62
12-23-2005, 01:27
I keep hearing rumblings that the schoolhouse may get back the ability to grant NREMT-P certification to 18D's (just read it again in the other paramedic thread in this forum)... Does anyone on here have any first-hand knowledge of this? If this rumor is true, how would this affect guys who have already gone through the course but did not have the chance to get NREMT-P certified? Would we be grandfathered in and given the chance to test?

Thanks in advance!

Hey ender18d,

I left there this past Aug, I was an instructor with SOCMSSC. This was a common question so I will share what we found out; It all depends if your class was eligible for NREMT-P or the SOCOM Paramedic. I assume by your question that you were awarded the SOCOM Paramedic. If so you may register and take the NREMT-P written/practical exam BUT they will not grade it. The reason is at the time you went through the course it wasn't recognized by the NREMT and it is required to have attended a recognized program.
At the time I left there were negotiations with the Registry so that may happen again. As far as being grandfathered that remains to be seen. If I hear any further I will communicate.

ender18d
12-23-2005, 02:08
I appreciate the info! Yeah, I got a SOCM Paramedic card... hopefully they will work out a way to grandfather us in at some point!

-E

Surgicalcric
12-23-2005, 09:21
I appreciate the info! Yeah, I got a SOCM Paramedic card... hopefully they will work out a way to grandfather us in at some point!

-E

Hell I am hoping the course atleast will qualify as a refresher so I can get my Registry card back. Mine expired a little over a year ago... dammit.

I tried to get into a SFMSSP class but the 1SG over at SOPC wasnt having it...soooo...

Crip

The Reaper
12-23-2005, 09:27
Hell I am hoping the course atleast will qualify as a refresher so I can get my Registry card back. Mine expired a little over a year ago... dammit.

I tried to get into a SFMSSP class but the 1SG over at SOPC wasnt having it...soooo...

Crip

Well, not everyone takes a year to complete SFAS.:munchin

TR

Surgicalcric
12-23-2005, 09:45
Well, not everyone takes a year to complete SFAS.:munchin

TR

It actually only took 4 weeks to complete Sir. I did however take 9 months to get there... healing and all... :D

Crip

The Reaper
12-23-2005, 10:08
It actually only took 4 weeks to complete Sir. I did however take 9 months to get there... healing and all... :D

Crip

Not to quibble, but from the Army's perspective, your arrival time at Bragg, till you completed Phase I, was the time it took you to complete SOPC and SFAS, unless you had another assigned school in route.

We have high hopes that you can be a first time go at Phase III.:D

TR

Razor
12-23-2005, 10:53
I can barely put a Band-Aid on a small cut correctly, so I'm by no means trying to dispense professional medical advice, but IMO I'd be less worried about civilian certifications and more concerned about learning as much as I could to be an asset to my team and their efforts. Uncle Sugar will underwrite your permission to practice far more medicine at your level than you ever would be allowed out of the Army with your NR card.

Doc
12-23-2005, 11:52
Anyone know the record on longest stay as a student at SWCS? I don't, that's why I'm asking.

:munchin

The Reaper
12-23-2005, 11:57
Anyone know the record on longest stay as a student at SWCS? I don't, that's why I'm asking.

I have seen guys at SWCS as students for as much as 36 months.

I figure a couple of late recycles for young Crip, and he can break that. After all, he has finished Phase 2 of 6 and he is past the one year mark already. As long as he doesn't get injured again:D

TR

Doc
12-23-2005, 12:19
I have seen guys at SWCS as students for as much as 36 months.

I figure a couple of late recycles for young Crip, and he can break that. After all, he has finished Phase 2 of 6 and he is past the one year mark already. As long as he doesn't get injured again:D

TR

Records were made to be broken. :D

Surgicalcric
12-23-2005, 14:46
Glad to know I am thought so highly of around here... lol.

Razor: As to my NR cert... Gotta get it back or I will be out of a civilian job when I do finish training. I am just trying to plan ahead. ;)

Crip

Aequitas
12-23-2005, 15:09
Glad to know I am thought so highly of around here... lol.

Razor: As to my NR cert... Gotta get it back or I will be out of a civilian job when I do finish training. I am just trying to plan ahead. ;)

Crip

Wait, does that mean you aren't staying on the teams? For shame......:boohoo

Have a good christmas brother.

Surgicalcric
12-23-2005, 15:15
Wait, does that mean you aren't staying on the teams? For shame......:boohoo

Have a good christmas brother.

I am a NG guy. When training is over I am going back to Ft Livingroom until my unit deploys, unless I leave my FD job and pick up something more interesting... I hope I make the 2007 deployment.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Crip

Razor
12-23-2005, 15:31
You don't need to go back to the FD; just keep recycling the phases and time it so you finish the course just in time for a unit deployment. Given your history, no one would be any the wiser. :D

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas. :)

Guy
05-10-2006, 12:33
I am currently in the course now. When we first arrived we were told that anyone past or present who is 18D certified will be given the equivilant associates degree, sometime within this comming year, in an unspecified area... Come next monday I can have the details on what that is, and also a direct answer to your question about emt-p.I'm in the process of trying to get into the University of California. I'm currently attending a community college and have an advisor from Berkeley...

I was only awarded a total of 15 credit hours, for all the training I attended while in the military.

Hopefully this info helps some you guys out.

Take care.

R71
06-08-2006, 21:13
New to the forum but wanted to share my expierience as far as the NREMT-P thing is. I was in Phase III from 2004 to 05 and we recieved the SOCOM card but told us they were working on getting back whatever it was they needed for us to able to take the NREMT-P exam in the soon future along with the associates degree. Long story short, when I graduated the course I filled out the application had to get it filled out at the schoolhouse along with signatures from the EMS director and the Medical Director, sent it in with my money and it got sent back with a letter saying our course was not approved and therefore I could not take the exam! I called NR and they told me to call AMEDD. I called AMEDD down in Ft. Sam in TX and talked to the head of the EMS certification dept. who empathized with our situation and has had numerous calls about this topic but said their hands were tied and that suggestions have been made to the schoolhouse to get them back up to par to be able to test the NREMT-P. He told me I needed to call the EMS dept. of USSOCOM in FL and talk to them to see if this topic is being looked at or changed, which I did but the person I needed to talk to was not in at the time (CPT Briggs). The phone number is on the back of the SOCOM paramedic cards! I also read an interesting article on the internet from the SOCOM medical director just recently that stated they are going away from the National Registry standard and more towards the Combat Medicine Approach, which makes me think they will probably not go back which makes since as we need the medical training on what we will expierience in war more than civilian side of medicine and its protocols. But it does seem a shame that when a 18D gets out of active duty whenever they choose, or have to, that even though they went to an CoAEMSP approved Paramedic course, they will only be able to work as an EMT-B unless they go through a whole new program. So much for making a long story short, sorry! Just wanted to shed some light on the Picture that it has not happened as of yet!

NousDefionsDoc
06-08-2006, 21:23
New to the forum but wanted to share my expierience as far as the NREMT-P thing is. I was in Phase III from 2004 to 05 and we recieved the SOCOM card but told us they were working on getting back whatever it was they needed for us to able to take the NREMT-P exam in the soon future along with the associates degree. Long story short, when I graduated the course I filled out the application had to get it filled out at the schoolhouse along with signatures from the EMS director and the Medical Director, sent it in with my money and it got sent back with a letter saying our course was not approved and therefore I could not take the exam! I called NR and they told me to call AMEDD. I called AMEDD down in Ft. Sam in TX and talked to the head of the EMS certification dept. who empathized with our situation and has had numerous calls about this topic but said their hands were tied and that suggestions have been made to the schoolhouse to get them back up to par to be able to test the NREMT-P. He told me I needed to call the EMS dept. of USSOCOM in FL and talk to them to see if this topic is being looked at or changed, which I did but the person I needed to talk to was not in at the time (CPT Briggs). The phone number is on the back of the SOCOM paramedic cards! I also read an interesting article on the internet from the SOCOM medical director just recently that stated they are going away from the National Registry standard and more towards the Combat Medicine Approach, which makes me think they will probably not go back which makes since as we need the medical training on what we will expierience in war more than civilian side of medicine and its protocols. But it does seem a shame that when a 18D gets out of active duty whenever they choose, or have to, that even though they went to an CoAEMSP approved Paramedic course, they will only be able to work as an EMT-B unless they go through a whole new program. So much for making a long story short, sorry! Just wanted to shed some light on the Picture that it has not happened as of yet!

Hi. Welcome aboard. You need to do a couple of things (I'm in a really good mood, some Brothers called the Wrath of God [not allah, God] down on a terrorist asshat today).

First of all you need to fill out your profile. Then read the rules and all the stickies. Then you need to go to the Introductions thread and introduce yourself.

And please, please, please - use paragraphs.

Tex Tackleberry
06-15-2006, 06:05
I was reading up on the 18D forums and came across this one that I have some but un-verified information.Realizing that I am a Volunteer firefighter/EMR in Jacksonville,Fl; I come across SOCM students from all branches.

Usally our(civilian) EMT-B through EMT-P are required for "ride a long" and clinical training before they test for NR. We(firefighters) are under the impression that you(18D students) were here for experiance and NR requirements.I come across the instructors every now and then and I will try to confirm my info ASAP.

It isn't much input though it might be some what helpful. By no means am I trying to step out of my lane,understanding that I am only a DEP and not a soldier.

Eagle5US
06-15-2006, 07:55
I was reading up on the 18D forums and came across this one that I have some but un-verified information.

You should have stopped here. Period.

We do not deal in hearsay, rumor mill, scuttlebutt, I heard that she said that her cousin was sleeping with a family member of one of the guys who failed out of the course garbage...

Got it?

Eagle

Tex Tackleberry
06-15-2006, 08:34
Understood.No excuse.

Surgicalcric
02-10-2007, 19:45
...We have high hopes that you can be a first time go at Phase III.:D

TR

Your hopes weren't misplaced Sir; first time go.

Which one of you lost the bet on my recycle? :D

Crip

The Reaper
02-10-2007, 21:42

Crip

Holy Necropost, Batman!

What are we at Crip, 31 months to complete the first three phases?:munchin

TR

Surgicalcric
02-10-2007, 22:45
...What are we at Crip, 31 months to complete the first three phases?:munchin

TR

I arrived here on Bragg for SOPC-1 on 11 October 04. That makes it 28 months Sir.

Damn I have been here entirely too long.

Crip

Roycroft201
02-11-2007, 03:12
Crip,

When you graduate, can ALL of us come to help you celebrate ?

;)

RC201

Gypsy
02-11-2007, 09:59

Crip

Congrats J!

LOL, better yet...what was the bet? :munchin

Books
02-11-2007, 10:01
Good on you Crip!!

Surgicalcric
02-11-2007, 11:41
...what was the bet?

Are you asking me?

I have no clue, but I wouldnt put it past a few to have a pool going, on my odds of recycling something, in the back room. :lifter

Crip

Gypsy
02-11-2007, 12:51
Are you asking me?

I have no clue, but I wouldnt put it past a few to have a pool going, on my odds of recycling something, in the back room. :lifter

Crip

LOL no, I figured you wouldn't be in on that part...just the reason for it. ;)

Razor
02-12-2007, 17:39
Crip,

When you graduate, can ALL of us come to help you celebrate ?

Since we'll all be retired by then and not have anything else to do... :p

Surgicalcric
02-12-2007, 17:46
Since we'll all be retired by then...

Invitations will be forthcoming.

Crip

sg1987
02-12-2007, 18:25
Congratulations. Way to persevere!!!

18DocDave
07-05-2007, 19:08
Just talked to the instructors there, and here is the latest "no bull" poop. Just in the last two days, Mr. C said that the national registry is allowing 18D's now to test for the paramedic. This just came down. Couple of rules though

1) you have to pay for it yourself, and study yourself
2) They are backdating it up to two years
3) You have to had graduated SFMS no longer than two years ago.

Since that last one is the "catch" Mr. C is trying to get them to recognize SOCMSSP as paramedic refreshers....when that happens, anyone who is an ATP and stayed current with SOCMSSP will be able to get NREMT-P.

weeman
03-31-2008, 13:34
Here is the latest as of right now. I talked to the EMS coordinator, Mr. C, at the school house and he told me that once you finish with the course you may take all your certificates, grades, and course descriptions to a community college, have them review your records and then if they wish to transfer your credits from JSOMTC to whatever their college is then take the state NREMT-P exam through their college then challenge the National Registry.
As of right now that is the course of action for anybody wanting to attain the NREMT-P certification.

uboat509
03-15-2009, 01:26
As of three weeks ago, the EMS coordinator is saying that we can chalenge the EMT-P written test. We have to pay for it ourselves but that isn't the hard part. We also have to find a place to to take the hands on portion. One of the SEALs cadre here is working on it but so far the nearest place he has found is Virginia Beach. The coordinator said that the schoolhouse is trying to work out a deal with one of the local colleges here in Fayetteville to allow students to do the hands on portion here but it hasn't been worked out yet. Now that I have finished the 18D course and headed back to Carson, I am going to try to find a place there.

SFC W

rcm_18d
03-16-2009, 12:58
Col. Farr mentioned at SOMA '08 the possibilities of a flight medic credential. Anyone here anything else on that?

Eagle5US
03-16-2009, 14:33
Col. Farr mentioned at SOMA '08 the possibilities of a flight medic credential. Anyone here anything else on that?
While an interesting proposal...there is much more the the Flight Medic course than your standard Emergency Medical Part. There is (or at least was) also two weeks of aviation specific medicine (flight / medication / altitude interaction), altitude physiology, chamber rides, and hoist training.
They would have to have some sort of bridging course to meet USASAM's requirements I think.

Eagle

TrooperT
03-16-2009, 17:01
I can barely put a Band-Aid on a small cut correctly, so I'm by no means trying to dispense professional medical advice, but IMO I'd be less worried about civilian certifications and more concerned about learning as much as I could to be an asset to my team and their efforts. Uncle Sugar will underwrite your permission to practice far more medicine at your level than you ever would be allowed out of the Army with your NR card.

It's not like gathering merit badges because it's all valid emergency medical education and IMO, you should get every certification that you can. Someday you guys will leave active service and everything you once were allowed to do in the military and SF will be seriously curtailed on the civilian side. Having National Registry Paramedic and other certifications makes you immediately employable.

doctom54
03-16-2009, 20:47
It's not like gathering merit badges because it's all valid emergency medical education and IMO, you should get every certification that you can. Someday you guys will leave active service and everything you once were allowed to do in the military and SF will be seriously curtailed on the civilian side. Having National Registry Paramedic and other certifications makes you immediately employable.

I concur. If you can get your EMT-P or any other certifications while on active duty, do so. It is MUCH easier if you all ready have it rather than trying to convince someone of your experiences. Very very few in the civilian world have any idea how an SF Medic has trained and what he is capable of.

Tom (former 91B4S, guess that dates me:D)

TrooperT
03-16-2009, 21:18
Very very few in the civilian world have any idea how an SF Medic has trained and what he is capable of.

Tom (former 91B4S, guess that dates me:D)

This is also very true. When I came home, the local EMS region wouldn't even let me challenge basic EMT certification after a year and a half of training. I bagged the idea of becoming a paramedic and went to nursing school instead. I can't say it was a bad choice as I've had more career progression and opportunities as an RN.

BTW doctom, I was originally a 91B3S until the 18 series appeared in the 80's. Guess that dates me too. But then again, so does my avatar...

crashedtheqc
05-18-2009, 21:19
I stopped by the schoolhouse today because I thought I'd seen something about us being able to challenge the NREMT-P.

I found a flyer from USSOCOM's Director of Medical Education and Training. In short, it says that your ATP cert makes you eligible to sit for the Board of Critical Care Transport Paramedics (BCCTP) Flight Paramedic Certification and the NREMT-P. Also, if you're a current ATP then you can apply to the state of Georgia for a Paramedic license.

"Details of these certifications, how the current ATP can apply for them, and how the VA will reimburse you or pay for them is soon to be distributed through your respective component Surgeons and Senior Enlisted Medical Advisors"

I hope this helps.

TrooperT
06-03-2009, 21:20
It would be a good idea to take a review course prior to taking the FP-C exam. It is very heavy on critical care subjects. At the flight program where I work, we require all of our Paramedic Base Site Managers to obtain this certification. Every one of them describe it as the hardest exam they ever took and most need every minute of the 3 hours that you get to complete the exam.

It is also an expensive test to take so you don't want to have to repeat it.

alfromcolorado
09-06-2009, 07:41
The paramedic certification is becoming more important for former "S" qual'ed or 18Ds. In the US it is a given; if you don't have civilian certs you don't work.

Overseas used to be an exception but almost all of the job offers I see now require EMT-B at a very minimum, EMT-P or above much more often.

My NREMT-P expired in Iraq in 2003 because the company I worked for didn't care much about it and didn't have anything in place to keep it current. (I probably could have gone back to the US and spent some time and money... But the money was just do good over there...:rolleyes:)

Now I am negotiating for a job as an Ops Mgr and they want at least a current paramedic cert.

So get it and keep it if you can without screwing over your team to get it.

Now, to my mercenary interest in this thread. The guy I talked to at this company (former action guy too) seemed to think there was some means out there, for guys whose paramedic certs had expired, to get them back by some abbreviated means. By abbreviated, I mean not going through a full blown course to do it.

Anyone know anything about that? I am on the search path for it and rumors are cool too... I will look into them.

If people are interested I will post the results of my search here ASAP.

My guess... I would have to do a full blown course.

bosljeff
09-06-2009, 07:56
http://bcctpc.org/

I just attended SOCMSSC and now there is a "Bridge Course" in Savannah for 3 weeks @ $1100, E. New Mexico and Tidewater Virginia for 6 weeks but at least 6 people need to sign up.

Also, yet another "confirmation" that certain states accept the ATP card to sit in on the EMT-P Test. Georgia for example: you get some form, a passport pic, criminal record report, copy of ATP card then take an exam prep course, give them $125 for the 12 skill stations and $110 for the written and you're in....

I stopped by the schoolhouse today because I thought I'd seen something about us being able to challenge the NREMT-P.

I found a flyer from USSOCOM's Director of Medical Education and Training. In short, it says that your ATP cert makes you eligible to sit for the Board of Critical Care Transport Paramedics (BCCTP) Flight Paramedic Certification and the NREMT-P. Also, if you're a current ATP then you can apply to the state of Georgia for a Paramedic license.

"Details of these certifications, how the current ATP can apply for them, and how the VA will reimburse you or pay for them is soon to be distributed through your respective component Surgeons and Senior Enlisted Medical Advisors"

I hope this helps.

RockyFarr
10-07-2009, 07:42
Nope. rumor. New grads can now sit for 1st time NREMT-P if they show their USSOCOM ATP card. NO PLAN or way to retro anyone from before.

bosljeff
10-07-2009, 15:41
Grads from the Delta course or grads from the entire pipeline?

Scimitar
10-07-2009, 16:46
Nope. rumor. New grads can now sit for 1st time NREMT-P if they show their USSOCOM ATP card. NO PLAN or way to retro anyone from before.

Thank you Sir for keeping us informed.

Scimitar

kawika
10-17-2009, 16:44
I thought you can challenge the test even if you've been to refresher a few times. Georgia offers us their state paramedic now. With that according to what I have read and been told(by the 18d schoolhouse no less) you can challenge the test. This is from the NREMT website.

"If your initial Paramedic educational program was completed more than two years ago and you have maintained state licensure at the Paramedic level, you must submit documentation verifying completion of a Paramedic refresher training program within the past two years"

In any event hopefully georgia state paramedic will at least qualify you for those jobs. Otherwise it looks like ill have to convince my unit to pay for me to go to the bridge course.

NATE_ALWAY
10-18-2009, 00:40
Just went to the refresher course in july and had some of the same questions that some of you are asking. First as for the NREMT-P they are trying to get it for students, what you can do right now is call the school house and get info about getting it thru GA. A school down there is taking our course as credit. You have to pay for the certificate and to take your national test but after that you should be able to get it. If i remeber right it cost around $500 for everything. I know that no one wants to pay for it but for now thats all they got unless something has changed sense july. Second just got done signing up with the education office here at Lewis. I did some leg work with the help of another medic at 3rd and found out that Western Carolina U. offers a degree just to 18D. You have to go see some one at your education office and get signed up for GO-ARMY-ED. Tell them that you want to enroll in WCU, its in the system. They will bring up the school and start you from there. (If you already have a bunch of collage credits you might not have to take any classes. Im still waiting to get my classes translated into thier system.) Next you should contact Mr. Gross at Cgross@CATAMOUNT.wcu.edu or 828-227-2135 to see how you can get into the school. He is the directer of military assistance and training at the school, and he will get you started. Once the school excepts you, (it wont be a issue if you are smart) you will have to take some classes from them. Its all done on-line and the army pays for it. I still need a few english and math classes to get the degree. The degree is in emergency med and it is a 4 year degree. So the first step for you would be go see the education office and tell them you want to apply for WCU and GO-ARMY-ED. After that is you have any more questions let me know. I hope this helps------------Happy Hunting Nate :confused:

LeapingGnome
12-09-2009, 09:14
I went to refresher at the beginning of the year and heard the same information. Does anyone have an update or additional information that has been to refresher recently? Has anyone gone through the process? Thanks in advance for the G2.

kawika
12-17-2009, 20:52
Ok heres the deal. There is basically two routes you can take. One is register to take the NREMT-P using the new JSOMTC site code. Depending on when you graduated this might not be an option. It will definately work if you just graduated/haven't been in group long enough to need a refresher. The information for this course of action can be obtained by contacting the schoolhouse. For who specifically send me a PM.

Alternatively you can go the route I went. I applied for my Georgia state paramedic liscence. I now have it. I registered for the NREMT by this option and am waiting a response.

From here both routes are the same. Once you are approved to take the test you take the written test and then the practical. Order does not matter. But taking the practical is the hard part as you have to find someone in your area offering a practical test. For information on upcoming practical tests login to the NREMT webpage using your current NREMT login.

If you need more clarification/help let me know here or better yet in a PM. I have some documents I can scan/send that will help clarify.

kawika
01-06-2010, 23:17
The newest issue of the Journal of Special Operations Medicine has the information you guys are looking for. It's the handout the school house has been giving to people that have been asking for the past few months. Go here http://jsoupublic.socom.mil/publications/jsom_2009-0.php and click on the fall 09 issue with the guys on the front doing a dentcap.

bosljeff
02-23-2010, 05:49
---My email to ATP to confirm:

"I was reading a photocopied page I found from the Journal of Special Operations Medicine, Fall 09, and according to this one page, the implication of Georgia's EMT-P reciprocity sounds too good to be true.

"Georgia will issue a state EMT-P license based on the medic being a current ATP, and having an ATP score on file. You must have taken and passed the ATP exam to be eligible for reciprocity."

The way I read this is that all I do is prove I passed the ATP, show them my current card, and they hand over an EMT-P license....this can't be.

Please clarify.

Thank you for your time."

---ATP's response:

"That's about it. You do have a passing ATP score on file and are
current. I've attached the form in case you need it.

LTC B

Please send all replies to ATP@socom.mil for fastest service.

LTC William H. Bosworth, DVM
USSOCOM Command Veterinarian
Deputy Chief, Medical Education and Training
SOCS-SG
7701 Tampa Point Boulevard
MacDill AFB, FL 33621-5323
Comm: 813-826-6031
AKO: william.bosworth@us.army.mil
NIPR: william.bosworth@socom.mil
Advanced Tactical Practitioner Questions: ATP@socom.mil"

I'm sending in the paperwork today and it is pretty simple. Here is all you should need:

Georgia out-of-state app:
http://ems.ga.gov/programs/ems/emsdocs/EMS_Form_C-08-B.pdf

National Background check:
www.sentrylink.com
Per GA EMS, you need the one with DOB and SSN...

Proof of our course (plus photocopied certificate of graduation that has the sfms course on it with 011-18d30 in parenthesis:
http://www.militaryguides.acenet.edu/ShowAceCourses.asp?aceid=AR-0709-0083

Reciprocity info:
http://www.emt-resources.com/emt-reciprocity.html

I'll keep ya'll posted as to how it goes.

Priest
02-23-2010, 20:09
bosljeff, are you currently an EMT P on the national registry?

bosljeff
02-23-2010, 21:37
no, that's what I was wondering too....just basic.

Surgicalcric
02-23-2010, 21:42
I would take the Registry test guys. While the Ga Paramedic cert may be nice to have in a frame, unless you are working in Georgia it wont be worth the paper its printed on.

The test isnt that bad and the VA will reimburse you for the testing costs.

And dont ever let it lapse...

Crip

bosljeff
02-23-2010, 21:48
Agreed.

However, tons of states accept GA's reciprocity. I will eventually use this GA EMT-P and get the NREMT-P and have all my bases covered.

bosljeff
03-11-2010, 13:01
Got it. It was cake. I am now a Georgia Paramedic...:rolleyes: yipee

New rumor has it from some MSG at a lecture the other day, JSOMTC is going to possibly become an authorized testing site for the NREMTP practical test....combine that with the online version of the written and we may actually get this....who knows? Let the rumors begin.

JJ_BPK
03-11-2010, 13:21
Please send all replies to ATP@socom.mil for fastest service.

LTC William H. Bosworth, DVM
USSOCOM Command Veterinarian
Deputy Chief, Medical Education and Training
SOCS-SG
7701 Tampa Point Boulevard
MacDill AFB, FL 33621-5323
Comm: 813-826-6031
AKO: william.bosworth@us.army.mil
NIPR: william.bosworth@socom.mil
Advanced Tactical Practitioner Questions: ATP@socom.mil"

OK, I know I'm out of my lane,,

But do they have species specific ATP, EMT-P and NREMT-P???

Or are they generic??

:D:D:D:D

Surgicalcric
03-11-2010, 13:27
...JSOMTC is going to possibly become an authorized testing site for the NREMTP practical test....combine that with the online version of the written and we may actually get this....who knows?

There is no need for rumors... 18D graduates have been challenging the NREMT-P test for some time now.

The only thing this will do is make it more convenient to take the practical stations, nothing more nothing less.

Crip

18DocDave
09-29-2010, 10:06
Thanks guys I'm going to do both GA and NY, then sit for the NREMT. What a PITA this all has been. Should of just gotten the EMTP from the school house. Oh well such is life.

whocares175
11-02-2011, 21:45
$125+a week of pretesting? damn i'm getting ripped off by health one ems in denver. $300+$50 for the optional day of pretesting.