PDA

View Full Version : The Process

NYFratBoy
11-16-2005, 17:15
Let me lay down my scenario first:
I'm 22 earned a B.A. and am going enlisted as an E-4, 4 year contract.

Waiting for recruiter to finish my police check right now before I can go to MEPS to select my MOS.(91whiskey in mind)

My ultimate goal is to become a Special Forces Medic.

I could not go SF right "off-the-street" due to a previous arrest according to the recruiters but they say after 2 years of trouble-free dedicated service, my civilian record will be wiped clean because I will have "proven" myself and I will be able to go SF. (get a waiver or a voucher from a superior?)
(This was the only time I was arrested ever, Driving While Ability Impaired, its a violation but the Army considers it a misdemeanor.)

Basically, could you men tell me the process I have to go through to get to SF?
(or SF selection)

Whatever it takes men, thats what I'm prepared to do. However long it takes, anything, I made the choice not to go to graduate school, this is what I want where I believe I can do the most good and be the most happy simultaneously. Any advice/information will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I originally posted this exact text on military.com then I received an email from a Captain referring me to this site saying that this is where I will get reliable information and be able to talk to people who know their stuff.

The Dave
11-16-2005, 17:28
:munchin :D

PM on the way.

Pete
11-16-2005, 17:41
If I was you I would change my user name.

For some reason it brings to my mind a party boy too lazy to read. Just my opinion, of course.

Then again I was a stick in the mud even when I was a young guy.

Pete

BMT (RIP)
11-16-2005, 17:50
Thats pure BS!! Pete quit school 'cause they had recess!!! :lifter

BMT

The Reaper
11-16-2005, 17:57
NYFB:

I like your name.

Now read the stickies and introduce yourself in the proper place.

You are going to have to soldier hard for a couple of years and then apply for SFAS. Make sure that you are prepared when you go.

I would also recommend that you leave alcohol out of your life for a while.

The history that you have will never be wiped clean as far as the Army is concerned. It will come up at SFAS and again during your security clearance process. Do not lie about it, and do not repeat/compound your mistake.

Good luck.

TR

Pete
11-16-2005, 18:28
Thats pure BS!! Pete quit school 'cause they had recess!!! :lifter

BMT

I did not. I didn't quit until they made me participate in it. My arrested youthful development has formed a strange dry humor. I find the oddest things amusing.

PS NYFB - I did the same thing on my first post. Very few do but I was one of them, so we have something in common.

As for a spanking? Only if she.......

Pete

Eagle5US
11-16-2005, 19:17
If I was you I would change my user name.

For some reason it brings to my mind a party boy too lazy to read. Just my opinion, of course.

Pete...
You hit this right on the heaq

WHY DO I SAY THIS?

Because I referred this clown here from another site...GAVE HIM SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON:
1. Where his first post was supposed to be didn't happen
2. To read all stickiesappareantly didn't happen
3. Fill in his profile obviously THAT didn't happen either
4. To utilize the search button

That's 4 strikes to someone who failed to follow provided explicit instructions. :mad: I think that should be enough...

Eagle

Eagle5US
11-16-2005, 19:22
P.S. I originally posted this exact text on military.com then I received an email from a Captain referring me to this site saying that this is where I will get reliable information and be able to talk to people who know their stuff.
Sure did...
And what else was contained in that E-Mail? Seeing as how you chose:
a) to ignore anything that may have indicated an effort on your part
b) choose not to follow instructions that you may feel mundane
and
c) only act on what you may feel is in your best interest instead of what you were TOLD

How about we ignore you and you can go back to mil.com where you can do what you want instead of what you are instructed

Have a very SF Day :mad:

Eagle:mad:

Peregrino
11-16-2005, 19:35
Modern society is the bane of evolution - stupidity is no longer fatal!

We feel your pain Brother. Since it's too late in the evening to unwind with some range time you could always go check out the PVW Taste Test Thread. :p I'm sure there's a recommendation there that will take the edge off. Peregrino