PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch (Nascar Driver) Suspended

Bill Harsey
11-13-2005, 18:58
You Arizona LEO's got Kurt Busch fitted for pink undies yet?

The Reaper
11-13-2005, 19:13
You Arizona LEO's got Kurt Busch fitted for pink undies yet?

Reports say that they let him off the DUI charge because "the machine was broken".

Never seen that happen before, we always switched to the spare, transported to another facility with a functioning unit, or had the hospital take blood.

With the exception of Carl Edwards, these "Young Guns" don't impress me. I long for the days of Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, the Allison brothers, Junior Johnson. I even remember when the young guns were Dale, Darryl, and Rusty, though I didn't like them that much back then either. I did like Bill Elliott when he was starting out. This year, I have been rooting for Mark Martin and Rusty.

Remember when some of the race car parts could actually be found on a street car?

TR

Bill Harsey
11-13-2005, 19:35
Kurt Busch was suspended for the remaining two races of the season by Roush Racing.
The car he drove has two major sponsors, Newell Rubbermaid and Diago. Diago owns some big name alcohol brands and must have been sensitive to reputation because the sponsors had a hand in the suspension.

Yes I remember when stock cars actually had real stock parts on them, weighed three times as much as they do now and were driven by junkyard dog tough drivers. Boy do I miss the good old days.

I sure hope Kurt looks good in Maricopa County Pink.

Roguish Lawyer
11-13-2005, 20:19
Jeff Gordon kicks ass! :munchin

The Reaper
11-13-2005, 20:37
Jeff Gordon sucks ass! :munchin

Corrected for misspelling.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
11-13-2005, 21:12
Corrected for misspelling.

TR

LOL -- How come people don't like Mr. Gordon? :munchin

Huey14
11-13-2005, 22:51
NASCAR is hardly interesting in the first place. Oh sure, the cars and highlights are interestings...but 4 hours of turning left?

Bill Harsey
11-14-2005, 09:58
NASCAR is hardly interesting in the first place. Oh sure, the cars and highlights are interestings...but 4 hours of turning left?
You don't pick on NASCAR, we won't pick on sheep.

Roguish Lawyer
11-14-2005, 10:31

Oooh, that's going to leave a BIG mark! LMAO!

adidasink
11-14-2005, 10:47
Interesting that they let him out of his contractual obligations for the remaining 2 races.....and then suspended him....Mr Roush definately has it out for Busch....

Anyway..what is wrong with Gordon?

But I say go Stewart!

vsvo
11-14-2005, 11:23
LMAO!

lksteve
11-14-2005, 12:01
Remember when some of the race car parts could actually be found on a street car?sorta like the Monte Carlo with the 350 V8, manual transmission and rear wheel drive like i can't buy at the local dealership...? what passes for a stock car these days has more in common with a Daytona prototype than a car you park outside your house...

The Reaper
11-14-2005, 12:51
sorta like the Monte Carlo with the 350 V8, manual transmission and rear wheel drive like i can't buy at the local dealership...? what passes for a stock car these days has more in common with a Daytona prototype than a car you park outside your house...

Exactly, even the configuration is unavailable.

The "stock" car parts are all specialized, from the chassis, to the sheet metal body panels, to the engines, to the trannys, to the rear ends. Nothing on that car will fit a street model, to include the fake headlight decals.

TR

adidasink
11-14-2005, 13:02
Exactly, even the configuration is unavailable.

The "stock" car parts are all specialized, from the chassis, to the sheet metal body panels, to the engines, to the trannys, to the rear ends. Nothing on that car will fit a street model, to include the fake headlight decals.

TR

Well I guess you can put those Auto Meter gauges on your street car....dont know how badly you need a huge tach like those...at least you can buy those for your street car.....

Hey everyone look at my Dodge Minivan with the optional Auto Meter Ultra Light 10,000 RPM Tach just like those found in Nascar!!!!

Sweet!

The Reaper
11-14-2005, 13:10
Well I guess you can put those Auto Meter gauges on your street car....dont know how badly you need a huge tach like those...at least you can buy those for your street car.....

Hey everyone look at my Dodge Minivan with the optional Auto Meter Ultra Light 10,000 RPM Tach just like those found in Nascar!!!!

Sweet!

Hmm.

Minivan Series with stock, street legal equipment only.

Married-Man Racing, here we come!

TR

Huey14
11-14-2005, 15:34

ROFL :D

Air.177
11-14-2005, 15:52
Hmm.

Minivan Series with stock, street legal equipment only.

Married-Man Racing, here we come!

TR

no good can come of this:munchin

DanUCSB
11-14-2005, 16:08
no good can come of this:munchin

Oh, just wait. I'm joining the league. Station wagon division.

(I believe the rules state that you must be driving a stock FAV [Family Assault Vehicle] while occasionally being pelted on the back of the head from the back seat, and occasionally given longwinded, yet wrong, directions from the passenger seat?) :D

adidasink
11-14-2005, 16:30
I also wonder if the MML will have problems with the all seasons giving out due to under inflation?

And the "Pit Crew" would consist of a debit/credit card and you...the driver...to make stops at the Exxon station for fuel.

As long as I can have my occassional cigarette while driving I think I could handle a 500 mile run....

-John (gearing up with my crash helmet on my mellon)

rubberneck
11-15-2005, 19:54
Sorry to interrupt the sheep and Minivan muscle car discussion.:p

From the AP:

PHOENIX -- Nextel Cup champion driver Kurt Busch blew a 0.017 blood-alcohol level during a preliminary sobriety test, falling far below the state's impairment limit.

Busch

Busch was detained Friday on suspicion of drunken driving and cited for reckless driving after a confrontation with Maricopa County deputies. He was suspended by Roush Racing for the rest of the season.

Maricopa County sheriff's spokesman Lt. Paul Chagolla said Busch blew the 0.017 blood-alcohol reading on a preliminary test, which is not admissible in court but is designed to help indicate the presence of alcohol. The legal limit in Arizona is 0.08.

Chagolla said deputies tried to administer an official alcohol breath test but the machine malfunctioned.

None of the six signs that would indicate impairment during another test were present either.

Busch was issued a criminal traffic citation for reckless driving.

12B4S
11-18-2005, 02:09
What came out today here in AZ, concerning Busch, was what he said to the deputies and it took two to cuff him. I was Googling for the information I heard today on the radio. Didn't pan out. Anyway to paraphrase. Busch, when stopped told the deputies they were idiots and asked, "Don't you know who I am?????" The gist was he was uncooperative, belligerent and resistive. But hey! Like most these idiot. prima donna. spoiled, bowed down to athletes/sports figures these days.... he skates.

Smokin Joe
11-18-2005, 07:19
What came out today here in AZ, concerning Busch, was what he said to the deputies and it took two to cuff him. I was Googling for the information I heard today on the radio. Didn't pan out. Anyway to paraphrase. Busch, when stopped told the deputies they were idiots and asked, "Don't you know who I am?????" The gist was he was uncooperative, belligerent and resistive. But hey! Like most these idiot. prima donna. spoiled, bowed down to athletes/sports figures these days.... he skates.

I saw that last night on the news as well.

He made other dumbass statements such as, "You guys are a joke don't you know who I am.."

"The only reason you stopped me is because your Jeff Gordon fans.."

To bad he did not get an introduction to "Sparky"

Bill Harsey
11-18-2005, 09:51
"The only reason you stopped me is because your Jeff Gordon fans.."

You guys gonna take having your sexual preferences questioned?

Roguish Lawyer
11-18-2005, 10:57
You guys gonna take having your sexual preferences questioned?

Would someone please explain to me why people dislike Jeff Gordon? Is it because he speaks fluent English and kicks redneck ass? :munchin

The Reaper
11-18-2005, 11:06
Would someone please explain to me why people dislike Jeff Gordon? Is it because he speaks fluent English and kicks redneck ass? :munchin

Because he is gay and is from Kalifornia, hotbed of NASCAR racing.:rolleyes:

Haven't seen him kicking much ass this year.

What do you call 43 rednecks, chasing a gay guy?

NASCAR.

TR

adidasink
11-18-2005, 11:27
TR...you obviously have it out for Jeff...my mother is a huge fan of his....for me it is Tony Stewart....and I am no band wagoneer either...he owns an RC company called Custom Works and I used to be in the business, so I have much respect for him.

Well....TR....they're not called the Rainbow Warriors for nothing....so maybe you are onto something there...you ever see the Fans Against Gordon website....http://www.fansagainstgordon.com/user.php I bet you are a big poster up on that one!

ha!

-John

Roguish Lawyer
11-18-2005, 11:36
Because he is gay and is from Kalifornia, hotbed of NASCAR racing.:rolleyes:

Haven't seen him kicking much ass this year.

NASCAR.

TR

Yeah, no one cares about Daytona, for example. :rolleyes:

You think he's gay because he's from California or for some other reason?

adidasink
11-18-2005, 11:39
Yeah, no one cares about Daytona, for example. :rolleyes:

You think he's gay because he's from California or for some other reason?

My guess is that he (TR) is a Dale Jr. Fan...a guess only because usually if you are a Gordon fan you hate everthing Jr, and if you are a Jr fan you hate everything Gordon....one heck of a viscous circle......

TR....you a Dale Jr fan?

=John (preparing for a barage of crap heading my way!!)

The Reaper
11-18-2005, 11:55
My guess is that he (TR) is a Dale Jr. Fan...a guess only because usually if you are a Gordon fan you hate everthing Jr, and if you are a Jr fan you hate everything Gordon....one heck of a viscous circle......

TR....you a Dale Jr fan?

=John (preparing for a barage of crap heading my way!!)

You do not know me as well as you seem to think.

TR

vsvo
11-18-2005, 12:37

NASCAR.

TR
LOL! I'm going to repeat that one, Sir.

Not that it's indicative of anything at all, but wasn't he married to a hottie at one point?

Roguish Lawyer
11-18-2005, 12:39
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1118051busch1.html

adidasink
11-18-2005, 13:11
You do not know me as well as you seem to think.

TR

Affirmative TR!

I just figured that all that pent up hostility towards Gordon is usually indicative of a Dale Jr. Fan. So I would take a stab and guess you were one!

This is the part where I stop trying to egg you on considering I will be signing my Rep 63 contract next month and know that I would hate for you to smoke me there in Bragg!

-John (humbly accepting his position on the food chain!)

Bill Harsey
11-18-2005, 14:13
Go JR.!

Bill Harsey
11-20-2005, 14:18
Just announced on todays NASCAR pre-race show that Kurt Busch has a new sponsor, Miller Brewing Co.

I've met people from Miller Brewing Co., it's a good fit.

The Reaper
11-20-2005, 16:35
Just announced on todays NASCAR pre-race show that Kurt Busch has a new sponsor, Miller Brewing Co.

I've met people from Miller Brewing Co., it's a good fit.

That doesn't say much for Miller.

Of course, an arrogant Busch, working for a South African owned brewing company, replacing Rusty Wallace, who knows, they might just all implode.

TR

Bill Harsey
11-20-2005, 17:22
That doesn't say much for Miller.

TR
My intended point. :D