PDA

View Full Version : Mil Med articles about A-stan

SwedeGlocker
11-02-2005, 02:51
I recently read two articles from Military medicine that i think are worth reading for our members:

Military medicine, 170, 1:31, 2005
"The Most Frequently Requested Precombat Refresher Training by the Special Forces Medics during Operation enduring Freedom"

This article is mainly about orto trauma , field tranfusions and field anesthesia. The ort chapter fails to recognised the best military orto trauma reference "War Surgery" by Hans Husum. The tranfusion part is good and have a packinglist and notes about required training. One thing that dosent stand out as good medicine is the field anesthesia part. Whille i aggre that ketamine is the number one choice in this setting i dont aggre on the "how to part". I feel that this is both strange amounts of how much ketamines one need to use, how one is supposed to use it and duration of it.

Military Medicine, 170, 6:488, 2005
"Pathogensis and Managment of a late Manifestation of Vivax Malaria after Deployment to Afghanistan: Conclusions for Nato Armed Forces Medical Service"

Great primer for Primary helth personal that see patients that have been deployed to areas with P. Vivax.

SwedeGlocker
12-04-2005, 02:47
BTT