PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Carving

Roguish Lawyer
10-31-2005, 17:11
Today I used my Silver Trident. Worked very well, but used a little pumpkin saw for the detailed work.

Anyone else want to share their favorite pumpkin carving tools?

Dan
10-31-2005, 18:33
Don't carve pumpkins, but this thread reminded me was what I saw on the local news today...

A man with an old type hockey goalie mask on his face and carving a pumpkin with a chainsaw.

Pete
10-31-2005, 18:43
Today I used my Silver Trident. Worked very well, but used a little pumpkin saw for the detailed work.

Anyone else want to share their favorite pumpkin carving tools?

I like the grapefruit knife. Thin curved blade that can saw if needed for detailed corner work.

We have a bunch of little grapefruit sized pumpkins that will be excess in the morning. They will make a trip to the range this weekend for the girls to practice on with their .22s. They liked the ballon shoot-off they had on Sunday and are looking forward to shooting something with a little more "splatter".

Pete

Bill Harsey
11-02-2005, 18:54
Truth be told?
I don't allow the kids to grab any knives around here for pumkin carving because some of them might be sharp and this is a slippery job that doesn't hold still very well. They can use the knives for cutting at the counter, no problem.

The one fast to make tool is a pair of small vise grips holding a woodcutting jigsaw blade.

This is kind of a redneck detail tool that hasn't yet resulted in a "trip to town" injury.

Grapefruit knives? Damn, that's pretty upscale rigging.

Huey14
11-02-2005, 20:42
We don't do that sort of thing down here. All the neighbour hood kids have grown up and don't trick or treat anymore.

Which is a shame because the lass across the road has matured quite nicely. She can trick and I'll treat :D