PDA

View Full Version : Lets all guess.....

Mick Strider
10-31-2005, 17:08
Have had a bunch of folks asking for these.....so we invented one.

Who can guess what it is?

First person to guess gets some Strider snickersnacks…..

m

NousDefionsDoc
10-31-2005, 17:56
Sight adjustment toolkit

Peregrino
10-31-2005, 18:09
Sight adjustment toolkit

Have to agree. The components are too "lightweight" for anything cruder. NDD - If we're wrong I'll share the discomfiture, otherwise I'm petitioning for a share of the "Strider snickersnackers" (whatever they are). Everything else he produces is at least memorable so I want a share too. :) Peregrino

Pete
10-31-2005, 18:26
Sight adjustment toolkit

Since this is under the 18B section it must be "gun" related. The piece on the right looks to "drift" fixed sights. The one on the left? A "push piece" or punch for pins or a sight post?

Most military weapons will have a manufactured sight adjustment kit. Some are rather hard to find. Enfields, Mausers, SkS and AK sight tools can be all dug up with a little searching.

So which weapon?

Pete
10-31-2005, 18:35
Who can guess what it is?

First person to guess gets some Strider snickersnacks…..

m

If I depart from guns and sights and go to blades and things the one on the right would look like a crude tooth set for a hand saw. I have an old hand set tool but they are hard to find in a modern store.

Hand setting a saw's teeth and filing them. Good job for a cold winter afternoon.

Pete

Team Sergeant
10-31-2005, 18:39
I are stumped....???

Sten
10-31-2005, 18:50
It looks like that brass hammer looking bit slides and locks into the other bit.

Ambush Master
10-31-2005, 19:12
Compliments of Air.177.

If not Weapons related, a Strider Folder Disassembly Tool.

Bill Harsey
10-31-2005, 19:39
Frontsights nutcracker set?

Pete
10-31-2005, 19:43
Frontsights nutcracker set?

She must play with small nuts:D

Pete

Bill Harsey
10-31-2005, 19:45
my real guess...
A slide tightener for the 1911 .45?
The acme threads I think I see are for max pressure on the screw.

edited to add, for really small .45's

Bravo1-3
11-01-2005, 00:02
I've been looking at this thing for an hour. Without knowing how big it is, I couldn't even guess. It has a lot in common with sight adjustment kits for dovetail type rear mounts, but those are usually "U" shaped. It's a button press of some kind, but for what I have no idea.

Either that or it's a BFA for a Flashbang :D

Team Sergeant
11-01-2005, 07:15
Mick, why is the hammer top a gold-ish color? (a different material of a lesser hardness so as to not hurt what you are bashing that is harder?)

FrontSight

Don't do a lot of metal work do ya.... that would be a "Brass" hammer. Now you can wonder why its brass.:rolleyes:

Ambush Master
11-01-2005, 08:18
After closer inspection, the thing that appears to be a Hammer isn't. It fits through the 2 holes in the Rectangle Box Piece and the Nipple Protrusion on the Screw fits into the Hole On the "Hammer Handle" !! Now this tends to lead me to think that the Brass end is in fact a Handle and now what does it do ?!?!?!

Polar Bear
11-01-2005, 08:23
Divot press, tubing is slide over the T handle then inserted through the 2 holes on the rectangle box, then you crank down on the press to create a divot.

The Reaper
11-01-2005, 08:36
Snap fastener/rivet set.

TR

Razor
11-01-2005, 09:04
OK my guess: The one on the right is for holding Sir Razor's thumb while I rotate the top thing till he cries Auntie. The hammer on the left is for batting away his other hand?

Whenever you're feeling froggy, Missy, just gimme a ring. Be forewarned, however, that I very well may show you an alternative application of the hammer-looking device.

Mick Strider
11-01-2005, 09:53
i knew you would get in right off....smart bastards....

Its a FS tool for AK's....and current AR flip ups that use the same front post.

The Box is for drift....the ends of the T handle fit the post for elevation.

The Hammer is a breaker bar, the handle slips over the T handle....im not sure if ive EVER seen an AK that had the drift moved before i got there....so they are sticky as hell.....The hammer and breaker bar come in super handy...

Works pretty damn good as a thumb screw too….

Now i need to dig up some snickersnacks.....

m

Post Script: FS said Nipples AND Box in the same post......

Bravo1-3
11-01-2005, 10:05
EDIT: Never mind... but there was a really bad double entandre regarding notches and a front sight post in there too. :D

The Reaper
11-01-2005, 12:59
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh-ha!
Sir Strider, I think detente ball is a cooler word(s) than the PG-rated ones !

FrontSight

Hey, Ms. MIT grad, I think that you meant "detent", not detente.

TR

Peregrino
11-01-2005, 14:52
Hey, Ms. MIT grad, I think that you meant "detent", not detente.

TR

TR - you beat me to it. I was trying to figure out if I had missed one of her faux pas that might have created a condition of "strained relations or tensions (as between nations)" that required "relaxing". :confused: Peregrino

NousDefionsDoc
11-01-2005, 15:41
Good thread Mick. And looks like a good tool. I'm sure the boyz will be happy.

Mick Strider
11-03-2005, 11:19
Hey Sneaky.....

Send me an e-mail or PM would ya?

m