PDA

View Full Version : Sacamuelas

JMI
10-29-2005, 19:47
Dental question for you if you have a minute.

1998. Flag football championships. My QB went John Elway on me and threw a 5 yard pass at high velocity. Went through my hands and into my face. It pushed my front tooth back into my mouth and was basically horizontal. I pulled it forward, pushed it back up, and drove on.

Not surprisingly the tooth died and now that I have good med coverage and a well paying job I want to fix the ugly thing.

I have yet to see a dentist in my area and before I go I thought I'd get a few tips from you. I have a dentist here who is NOT on my PPO list but is so highly regarded by everybody that I'd rather see him if I can afford him.

Do I get both front teeth filed down and capped so that even though my right front tooth is fine, they both look the same?

Is there another option(s)?

What does fixing something like this cost, ballpark?

Just looking for some info before I go see the dentist.

Sacamuelas
11-01-2005, 20:54
I just saw this. I'm not online much currently with the hurricane chaos going on down here. Once I get done checking all the old threads I have missed...

I will write up a little something on this and post it. As you might imagine... there is more than one treatment option available and the best one should really be determined by obtaining specific diagnostic info and then factoring in your $$$ limit for treatment. We can't do that on the web, but I will give you a synopsis.

I imagine there are a few guys on this site that might have a dark tooth from past trauma that may be interested in what lies in wait for them when they finally go get er' fixed.:D

JMI
11-22-2005, 16:58
I am getting a root canal, than a porcelain cap.

Yay, I can't wait.....:eek: