PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Please.

BeauG
10-27-2005, 19:09
Hello,

My name is Beau and I am 17 at Seneca High School in Louisville, Ky. Im am a Jr. and I am in MCROTC and I am also on the Wrestling team. I have dreamed of being in the military my enitre life, its all I want in the world. My major goal in life is to be in CAG. I know that you can't enlist for this unit, they chose you. So my plan (was) to do the 18x contract. But recently the enlistment age has gotten changed from 18-20, so thats out of the question. After that happend I looked into 11x Option 40 (Ranger Contract), which this looks like a great path to take to, I would go to Basic, Ait, Airborne, RIP, by the time all this was over I would be around 19-20, then I could put an application in for SF.
Being in MCROTC I am constantly harrased about wanting to join the Army. They say the Marines are the best way to go, and to go Force Recon. But I am worried that if I went Recon then I wouldnt have a short at my Dream (CAG). I know CAG recruits from Seals, Rangers, SF, Recon, but they mostly rect. from Ragners and SF. I was just wondering if you all could help compare these two units, not which is better. Aslo if you could give me your advice on what you would do in my situation.

Thanks, Beau Gadegaard

Smokin Joe
10-27-2005, 19:20
Aslo if you could give me your advice on what you would do in my situation.

Thanks, Beau Gadegaard

Beau,

Read the stickies and head all of the warnings finally post an intro in the appropriate thread. As far as career advice goes....start small then work your way up and out.

aricbcool
10-27-2005, 19:33
Beau,

I'm 25, finishing college, no prior service.

I recommend that you finish High School and then go to college.

SF will still be there for you at 22.

I don't know you, but when I was 17 I had similar dreams and aspirations. I am much happier that I've waited a few years and gained some perspective. You can't know until you've lived it, but age can be your friend.

But that's just me and my .02.

Regards,
Aric

P.S. Do read the stickies, fill out your profile, and post an intro. Also check this out... http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

The Reaper
10-27-2005, 19:35
Grow up and prove that you can do something before setting your sights too high.

You could start by reading a bit here before posting, starting with the stickies and intros.

Introduce yourself in the proper area as well. And fill out your profile, as we ask everyone to do in the Introductions thread.

You lack of attention to detail and abysmal situational awareness here indicate that you post before reading, shoot before looking, and that your chance at SF is remote at best. You didn't read the title of the SF Questions Forum, or the cleverly disguised "Read and Heed!!" thread stickied at the top. You are one lazy kid.

Finally, no one here is going to tell you anything about classified units. You violate OPSEC by mentioning them here, and the units take note of that.

Good luck, this thread is closed.

TR

Kyobanim
10-27-2005, 19:37
Hello,

My name is Beau and I am 17 at Seneca High School in Louisville, Ky. Im am a Jr. and I am in MCROTC and I am also on the Wrestling team. I have dreamed of being in the military my enitre life, its all I want in the world. My major goal in life is to be in CAG. I know that you can't enlist for this unit, they chose you. So my plan (was) to do the 18x contract. But recently the enlistment age has gotten changed from 18-20, so thats out of the question. After that happend I looked into 11x Option 40 (Ranger Contract), which this looks like a great path to take to, I would go to Basic, Ait, Airborne, RIP, by the time all this was over I would be around 19-20, then I could put an application in for SF.
Being in MCROTC I am constantly harrased about wanting to join the Army. They say the Marines are the best way to go, and to go Force Recon. But I am worried that if I went Recon then I wouldnt have a short at my Dream (CAG). I know CAG recruits from Seals, Rangers, SF, Recon, but they mostly rect. from Ragners and SF. I was just wondering if you all could help compare these two units, not which is better. Aslo if you could give me your advice on what you would do in my situation.

Thanks, Beau Gadegaard

Here's your advice

Don't post here again until you read every sticky and every topic on this board.

The Reaper
10-27-2005, 19:47
Looks like there were more people who wanted to offer advice, so this is reopened.

BeauG, do not post again till you have read every intro and sticky on this board.

Then fill in your profile and put one post in the Introductions thread. Indicate that you have read all of the rules and know how to use the Search function here.

After that wait 30 days before posting again.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2005, 20:54
Don't HS students dream of getting laid anymore?

The Reaper
10-27-2005, 21:39
Don't HS students dream of getting laid anymore?

No, it appears that they have already planned their successes for the next 20 years after high school.

No plan survives contact with the enemy. Or the real world.

It amazes me that kids who have done nothing yet in life other than get out of bed and shuffle to school for a few hours each day think that they can just want to join an elite unit, and we have to take them. Probably exacerbated by a society that makes victimization and entitlement a lifestyle, and discourages honest feedback and acceptance of personal responsibility.

Arrogance and stupidity are a dangerous combination.

TR