PDA

View Full Version : Harriet Miers Withdraws Nomination

QRQ 30
10-27-2005, 07:00
That's no big surprise. I don't think she was qualified anyway.

However let me discuss a related subject. I don't know that our best people are going into politics. Many prospective appointees have stayed out rather than subject their families to the mud slinging that occurs. I believe Colin Powell refused the VP nomination for the sake of his family.

If one enters politics or becomes a political appointee he must be willing to have all of his drawers opened and garbage cans searched -- those of all acquaintenances also. Its a shame. I know I would never go through that.

BMT (RIP)
10-27-2005, 07:23
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/27/AR2005102700547.html

BMT

Pete
10-27-2005, 07:42
There is a ton of stuff that I did before 1987 that I would hate people to find out about. The only thing keeping most of it undercover is that the person, or persons, who with me did it also.

If I went into politics somebody would dig it up and there would be a few red faces:o .

Hey Roger, what about that trip to Astro City:eek: ?

casey
10-27-2005, 08:22
Pete,

That was dangerously close to making a res gestae statement brother.

Your act of contrition must be the immediate consummation of multiple malted liquids whilst you continuously deny, deny, and deny again, partaking of same.

Repeat at first sign of relapse.

QRQ 30
10-27-2005, 08:28
I have always been shy, quiet, socially unassuming and denoner -- at least since a few minutes ago.:rolleyes:

I understand that the POTUS approached several qualified candidates who turned him down for the above reasons.:munchin