PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers

QRQ 30
10-26-2005, 16:10
Its time!! From what I have seen in the past two months the time has come. We need to literally enforce the words of JFK.

It isn't just the Haitians and Messicans. Those were rich people that were crying that Uncle Sam didn’t come to their rescue in Cancun.. IMO when someone puts out his hand he should have to explain what he has done for his country and why taxpayers should support him.

The Reaper
10-26-2005, 16:41
Where is it listed in the Constitution that the government is responsible for your personal security and financial well-being after a natural disaster?

This is particularly vexing when people refuse to evacuate, then demand that they be provided food, shelter, and entertainment, before eventually asking that the government provide full financial restitution.

Where did this start? If you refused to work during the Depression, you starved.

TR

rubberneck
10-26-2005, 17:41
You could almost see this one coming. If anything the con artists learned that if they cry loud enough during a natural disaster the press will enusre the gravy train arrives on time. I don't think Wilma was as bad as Andrew was yet I have heard more bitching about fuel and Ice shortages than I did back in 92.

One the bright side Jeb Bush chided the complainers today when he pointed out that it isn't very difficult to amass 72 hours worth of provisions like the state had suggested the days before Wilma's landfall. I guess Jeb has the Spine that Nagin and the La Governor quite clearly lack. Or maybe it is the fundamental difference between the GOP and the Dems.

The Reaper
10-26-2005, 17:53
PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE:

There are many areas of the United States which are not subject to floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, or tornados. Many of them also are not prone to excessive snow.

If you want to live in an area where natural disasters may be expected, please acquire sufficient private insurance to meet your needs. If you don't, move, or be prepared to lose everything.

If you are told to evacuate, do so. If you don't like it, move where you won't have to. If you don't evacuate, and disaster strikes, be prepared to wait for help. Don't whine to the cameras when a mike is shoved in your face.

If a disaster is likely in your area, lay in emergency supplies sufficient to meet your needs for as long as it will take to recover you.

If you stay and are stranded, waiting for someone to risk their life doing what you should have done for yourself, be patient. Also, be prepared for a bill after we get you out.

Clearly, this does not apply to certain older or disabled residents. If you are healthy, have a vehicle available, and you choose to stay, you should accept the consequences of your (in)action.

TR

Kyobanim
10-26-2005, 18:02
I want to know what the deal is with the ice.

When we got hit last year if you didn't plan ahead and get ice you just didn't have any. Tough shit. The feds weren't here with truckloads of ice, MREs (not that I would have eaten one of those nasty things) and other shit. I had to drive to Clermont (30 miles) to get ice and so did a lot of others.

FEMA, what a joke, gave more money to people who live in Miami, that weren't even close to the storm, than to those up here that took a direct hit and lost their ass.

If you didn't plan accordingly for the storm, tough shit. Deal with it. If you don't like it, move to Russia, or China, they'll take care of you. Maybe even Iran. They seem to run to the dumb ass side of human existance.

So anyway, where's my fooking bag of ice? I want my FEMA supplied ice that's due to me.

Anyone seen my ice?

CPTAUSRET
10-26-2005, 18:17

When we got hit last year if you didn't plan ahead and get ice you just didn't have any. Tough shit. The feds weren't here with truckloads of ice, MREs (not that I would have eaten one of those nasty things) and other shit. I had to drive to Clermont (30 miles) to get ice and so did a lot of others.

FEMA, what a joke, gave more money to people who live in Miami, that weren't even close to the storm, than to those up here that took a direct hit and lost their ass.

If you didn't plan accordingly for the storm, tough shit. Deal with it. If you don't like it, move to Russia, or China, they'll take care of you. Maybe even Iran. They seem to run to the dumb ass side of human existance.

So anyway, where's my fooking bag of ice? I want my FEMA supplied ice that's due to me.

Anyone seen my ice?

Kyo:

You are bitching about MRE's?:D

Try K-rations, and C-rats.

Just giving you some shit.:o

Terry

The Reaper
10-26-2005, 18:22

Anyone seen my ice?

That is where friends and family step in.

I'll head your way with a bag or ten if you need it that badly.

Or you can just use my generator I bought just in case after deciding that the power company was just not quite reliable enough.

TR

stone
10-26-2005, 18:38

Anyone seen my ice?[/QUOTE]

Try living in England for a few years-- there's not a cube of ice in the entire country.... good training for natural disasters though.

Kyobanim
10-26-2005, 19:22
Terry, I'll take Cs over MREs anyday.

Reaper, I had my generator out last week getting ready for Wilma. I even went and got it it's own shed so it could stay dry and I didn't get to use it. Hmm, christmas is coming and it's time to get the lights out. I have an idea.

Maisy
10-26-2005, 19:34
FUEL RATIONING DUE TO CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

"I thought it was a good idea at the time" says Central Florida man.

Fuel rationing has been put in place in Florida after a Central Florida man bought up all outstanding stocks in preparation for running his Christmas light spectacular thoughout the seasonal holiday period.

The 500,000 light display idea started simply, with a desire to make use of a small generator the man had purchased for Hurricane Wilma, but never used.

17 Generators and half a million lights later, with the display now taking up 3 full acres of the surrounding suburb, the man admits he may have a "small problem".
:D

Edited to add: If you're going to do it, do it well!

QRQ 30
10-26-2005, 19:42
My original theme was similar to that of " Starship Troopers". You are born owing the country not vice versa. IMO signs should be at all points of aid paraphrasing JFK's words: "What have you done for your country?":lifter

Maisy
10-26-2005, 19:48
My apologies Terry, you're right.

Whetever happened to "Be Prepared"? Doesn't anyone do Boy Scouts/Girl Guides anymore?

Gypsy
10-26-2005, 19:48
Where did this start?
TR

It could be asked what came first...the hand outs or the entitlement mentality. Your public safety notice was excellent TR.

The Reaper
10-26-2005, 19:52
On this, we agree.

You don't have to do anything for your country, but if you don't, you will not be allowed to vote, run for office, etc.

Doesn't have to be military, but I would require 50% more time serving in a non-uniformed service to meet the requirement.

TR

aricbcool
10-26-2005, 20:09
On this, we agree.

You don't have to do anything for your country, but if you don't, you will not be allowed to vote, run for office, etc.

Doesn't have to be military, but I would require 50% more time serving in a non-uniformed service to meet the requirement.

TR

Ditto. And to add to it... TANSTAAFL. :D

QRQ 30
10-26-2005, 21:36
I don't know what he sees in her but my youngest son is going with a 200# slug.:confused: Last summer she was laid off and made the mistake of saying in front of me that she wasn't going to look for a job until her unemployment gave out. She drew the whole 6 months. I told here then what I think of her and continue to do so every time I see her. Last week she told my wife she turned down overtime because the added money would effect her food stamps. I ask her why she feels the citizens of this country should support her and only get a blank stare. She is a perfect example of the "Welfare State".

She weighs over 200 lbs and is shaped like a pear. Now she is talking of getting a boob job (with her welfare money of course). I told her that if she'd lose 100 lbs off oh her ass and belly she may find that she has boobs under all of that flab. WTF does a 200 lb slug need with a boob job?:eek:

Pete
10-27-2005, 05:18
My original theme was similar to that of " Starship Troopers". You are born owing the country not vice versa.

Star Ship Troopers - Another great book that Hollywood twisted all out of shape when they made the movie. For you younger guys who saw the movie and were wondering what the hype was about, go read the book. Much better than the movie. The ending is a 180 from the movie.;)

Being Ready - In Fayetteville we really only have to worry about loss of power, either due to ice storms or hurricanes, and snow storms with no loss of power. We have the standard 5kw generator and fire place with lots of wood. We fill 3 each 5 gallon cans with gas a few days out when a situation threatens. If nothing happens the gas gets poured into the cars as needed. For a real extended outage we have 4 vehicles in the drive that we could draw gas from them. Throw in the gas grill, 2 coleman stoves, lanterns, ect and we are ready. Food? Plenty on hand but will just have to be creative with the menue.

Terry - I feel your pain over Ms 200#. I just hope my youngin's make good spouse picks - I want to retire, not raise a third generation.

QRQ 30
10-27-2005, 08:38
Owing a debt to your country isn't a new idea it has just been reversed by the Welfare State.

Until the end of the draft it was understood that every man child in the country owed service to their country (IIRC 6 years). JFK made a viable alternative to military service with the Peace Corps. It was a good idea and a lot of good was accomplished despite the fact it also became a haven for draft dodging liberals. At least they were put to work.

FDR paid the unemployed for work in the CCC, not for staying home and not working.

It seems to me that the Gulf Coast clean-up could be accomplished by the unemployed. Rather than pay out money to people who will then pay someone else to work I can see supplying the materials and expertise and help for people to clean up themselves and then pay them for their work.

How about this untapped rescource of funds. Convert the DEA to Welfare police and collect from welfare frauds.

bberkley
10-27-2005, 19:40
I don't know what he sees in her but my youngest son is going with a 200# slug.:confused: Last summer she was laid off and made the mistake of saying in front of me that she wasn't going to look for a job until her unemployment gave out. She drew the whole 6 months. I told here then what I think of her and continue to do so every time I see her. Last week she told my wife she turned down overtime because the added money would effect her food stamps. I ask her why she feels the citizens of this country should support her and only get a blank stare. She is a perfect example of the "Welfare State".

She weighs over 200 lbs and is shaped like a pear. Now she is talking of getting a boob job (with her welfare money of course). I told her that if she'd lose 100 lbs off oh her ass and belly she may find that she has boobs under all of that flab. WTF does a 200 lb slug need with a boob job?:eek:

Terry,

I served with this slug from Cleveland that used to talk about how he was going on unemployment when he ETS'ed until he got back every cent that he paid in Ohio state Income Taxes while he was stationed at Bragg. He was a fatbody with that wierd fat that allowed him to always pass the pinch test, yet he looked like 15 pounds of crap in 10 pound sack. Freeloaders are everywhere, its just getting worse.

frostfire
11-09-2005, 22:48
Why can't foreigners (non-citizen, non-greencard) join the military...

imdb.com/title/tt0418763/board/nest/29050973

QRQ 30
11-10-2005, 06:56
Why can't foreigners (non-citizen, non-greencard) join the military...

imdb.com/title/tt0418763/board/nest/29050973

I followed your link and it didn't make much sense to me. By your post I presume the Lodge Act has expired. The answer is in your quetion. A person without a green card is on a temporary visa requiring departure by a certain date or simply not here legally. A legal resident alien (non-citizen) has a green card can enlist. There is a program in place now to grant citizenship to combat veterans who are rsident aliens (green card carriers).

Without the sugar coating an ILLEGAL belongs in jail or out of the country not in the military!

ObliqueApproach
11-24-2005, 04:45
Ayn Rand sums up the welfare state in her classic Atlas Shrugged. Let's hope she wasn't right!