PDA

View Full Version : WILMA

BMT (RIP)
10-24-2005, 03:49
Heavy rain and light wind!!

BMT

QRQ 30
10-24-2005, 04:30
It is reported that over 25% failed to evacuate. This morning stories of parties and bravado, this evening stories of tragedy.

QRQ 30
10-24-2005, 07:58
Before getting shot, let me clarify my previous post.

If everything I owned were in a home in FL as it is here I would probably stay back and do my best to protect it with sand bags and, if necessary, fire power!!.

I was referring to the partiers we see on TV showing false bravado and when things go wrong someone has to risk their own life to pull them out.

Kyobanim
10-24-2005, 09:32
I have never been in a tropical storm where the temp is 56 degrees.

This ROCKS!

:lifter

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-24-2005, 17:39
Wilma's aftermath has translated into a flood watch and a winter storm warning for us in the Great Northern Forest. We lost power for about 14 hours yesterday as our first snowfall stripped limbs from and topple trees and created havoc with southern folks that were up here leaf peeping. Wilma is projected to add to the already high water levels, start with heavy rain tomorrow which will change over to snow. Already have the fire laid , spare water for the pups and looks like we will spend some more hours huddled around the wood stove when the power gets knocked out again.

Gypsy
10-24-2005, 19:52
Yikes! Stay warm and safe Sir. I wouldn't mind a good winter storm here but I think it will be a while.

Hope all in the path of Wilma are okay.